ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Pen problems

Follow Us

Hi13 Pen problems

[Copy link]

jaysonplazo|Post time:5-5-2017 04:15:31 View:6657|Reply:71

trent| Post time 4-26-2017 18:11:50 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-25-2017 16:55
You also totally ignored when I linked with Please see: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3963-1-1.html ...

I have read your post, but if this one issue was solved this tablet could create some really awesome high quality artwork.
It would produce stuff similar to what people create on a surface pro. It's the exact same but with a crappy pen. It would also make much more sense to compare the hi13 to a surface pro because they run pc based software ie photoshop. As the ipad only uses app software like procreate.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-26-2017 19:28:58 | Show all posts
trent replied at 4-27-2017 03:11
I have read your post, but if this one issue was solved this tablet could create some really aweso ...

I went for what is closest to the real deal, physical tools. But you have a good point with intended software. There is some overlap, like Autodesk sketch something something I thought also available for the iPad Pro I think. It's wasn't meant to compare Hi13 to its "peer" but to "the best tool" with drawing screen.

I wonder how well the Surface Studio Pen has become. Does it do angles stuff and near real-time like the Apple Pencil? And Hi13 might be suffering quality control, not that helps.

I remember the jittery also with the Gateway M280 about 9-10 years ago, but when jotting notes it wasn't in the way, and it was the best I could afford and did what I needed. It was such a ripoff in the longrun killed by my desktop workloads to keep using the same device. I was still green about GPU lifespans when overheating too often. It wasn't integrated nor that actively cooled which made the situation worse.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 5-2-2017 01:58:38 | Show all posts
Hi,
Please use bigger force to write when you use H3 pen. When the writting force is more than 8G, pen stylus can work normally. If the writting force is less than 8G, pen stylus can't work normally.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-2-2017 08:58:08 | Show all posts
emily replied at 5-2-2017 10:58
Hi,
Please use bigger force to write when you use H3 pen. When the writting force is more than 8G,  ...

I think Emily means 8 grams so 8 g of pressure on the Hi13 screen with the H3. I did see that somewhere indeed.

But that doesn't address the jitter. Emily is it clear what is meant by jitter? There are videos and images posted to demonstrate.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

jimix85| Post time 5-2-2017 09:41:11 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 5-2-2017 08:58
I think Emily means 8 grams so 8 g of pressure on the Hi13 screen with the H3. I did see that some ...

I tried applying pressure as well, and honestly, it simply pushes the pressure of the pen to the highest width, it doesn't really bring you any more control nor better use of the pressure curve. And the jitter is still there too

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-2-2017 10:16:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
jimix85 replied at 5-2-2017 18:41
I tried applying pressure as well, and honestly, it simply pushes the pressure of the pen to the h ...

Excellent feedback! Although "terrible experience" no doubt. That emoji does demonstrate your inner state well.

Is the Hi13 + H3 as-is, unusable for your primary use-case? Maybe Chuwi can do something about it, once it is clear what is exactly  meant by jitter. And why the pressure sensitivity mechanism is difficult to use as intended. The little things that matter greatly to those "in the know". For those use-cases.

I'm not that well in contact with Chuwi at the moment. I can PM, but I'm not taking on the responsibility. Because I know what I won't commit to. As far as "working for Chuwi", because I've a different set of challenges I face in my own life. Hi13 is meant to help.

Everything needs so much patience on the forum, personally, I'm drained of all energy at the moment. Figuratively speaking.

Everyone is very helpful though, including Chuwi.
That's sincerely appreciated about everyone.
Do make use of that, while it all lasts.

Use magic Report

jimix85| Post time 5-4-2017 07:55:19 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 5-2-2017 10:16
Excellent feedback! Although "terrible experience" no doubt. That emoji does demonstrate your inne ...

Well, I honestly wanted it almsot exclusively as a drawing tablet, to say, use a lightweight program such as PaintTool SAI, and then do the edits and retouches in photoshop, on my main computer which got bigger specs and so. But then, with this quality of pen, I really find it hard to enjoy... Tho, for others who don't mind the pen, it's a great tablet for the price tag, but for me it's quite void of purpose. If only there was a way to improve the pen a bit

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-4-2017 09:13:11 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-4-2017 18:14
jimix85 replied at 5-4-2017 16:55
Well, I honestly wanted it almsot exclusively as a drawing tablet, to say, use a lightweight progr ...

Have you tried the the most recent .gt file and drivers for the Hi13? There was a relatively recent major effort by Hackerjac added and referenced by Emily as the [Official Version] it seems. Maybe worth seeing what is meant by Pen Support improvement or the like? Forum search Hi13 driver. Good luck. If you have the time, let us know what you think. Good tip about the software btw. Thanks. Maybe handy in the future.

Edit: typo.

Use magic Report

jimix85| Post time 5-5-2017 03:46:38 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 5-4-2017 09:13
Have you tried the the most recent .gt file and drivers for the Hi13? There was a relatively recent ...

Allright, I just downloaded the drivers and... I guess I'm just a spoiled kid who's used to run .exe's and be done with it but, how do I exactly install the drivers?
I know to flash the bios and install a fresh windows, but I don't see how to install these folders. Through device manager perhaps?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-5-2017 04:15:31 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-5-2017 13:17
jimix85 replied at 5-5-2017 12:46
Allright, I just downloaded the drivers and... I guess I'm just a spoiled kid who's used to run .e ...

No I prefer being lazy as well. I'd rather things work as intended out of the box in the first place. So you're not alone in that regard.

It's best to go into that at that thread. Because anyone going into the answer, would be expected there for others wondering about how to install these drivers for other issues or just to update.

It would be nice if you used this thread to give feedback whether if it helps your active stylus and screen support issue or not. Edit: Cross-referencing either way is fine. Thanks./Edit.

"Bureaucracy" has an organizing function. It's not just to make life more "procedural". Advantages and disadvantages.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list