ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Pen problems

Follow Us

Hi13 Pen problems

[Copy link]

jaysonplazo|Post time:3-28-2018 01:53:59 View:6654|Reply:71

Mitch33| Post time 2-9-2018 07:03:24 | Show all posts
MemberChuwi replied at 2-9-2018 06:31
How naive can people be? Does anybody believe in advertising? Most told there is pure rubbish. Shut  ...

You know where I live (Europe) and even Korea products  (Samsung), and USA etc.. when they advertise that something is like that, so it's really like that - it HAS to be really like that. Of course I searched for "drawing with ... Tablet" on youtube.
If you mean that CHUWI and China advertise for something that doesn't exist, and if it's the rule for China products, well I'll know in the future...  
I Just thought that some China Manufacturers were aiming not to cheat, and thought CHUWI was one of them, that's why I ordered.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-12-2018 01:40:41 | Show all posts
Mitch33 replied at 2-9-2018 16:03
You know where I live (Europe) and even Korea products  (Samsung), and USA etc.. when they adverti ...

Chuwi doesn't cheat, but it has to cut some corners for the price-point. But even that improved with their newer higher end products like the Chuwi CoreBook. But the main demographic they state in their mission statement is "entry level". Artists need a different segment of entry level, "entry level for artists".

You can draw with the Hi13 as demonstrated by a few. But is it ideal? No. Much less so than ideal. Even writing is not optimal, but works above average for the entry level segment in China, and the HiPen H3 could very well be equiped with the advertised double precision chip. The corner cut here however, is the practical research and development for better quality control criteria.

Check the USI stylus initiative for possible future improvements in this regard.

Don't assume anything, or at least don't assume much, be it about a product from China or Europe. In practice there is almost always a(n unforseen or even misleading) caviat.

Chuwi improves often, just not on all points retroactively. They did offer replacement adapters for the problematic one provided with the first generation. So there is some retroactive accountability. But it remains limited to the absolute necessary or fixable. The stylus precision and fine-use-cases usability scenarios for the current generations, perhaps even including the CoreBook, is beyond Chuwi's current practical scope.

Even if a Class-Action lawsuit was practical in this case, the advertised specs checks out. It's just not in practice as accurate as most artists need it. They never advertised for artists specifically, it remains advertised as a "entry level" general use-case device. Not more.

I'm sorry for your experience though, I empathize nonetheless. It's not the optimal choice for your use-case it seems. And I warned in threads and posts that got left to the past by increase in more recent threads and posts.

Good luck though.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Mitch33| Post time 2-12-2018 15:52:40 | Show all posts
Edited by Mitch33 at 2-14-2018 03:36

THanks for your answer. It's too bad, the screen is really cool.
But we must admit that what is written here http://en.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-HiPen-H3.html will attract anyone who wants to draw / write on a tablet :
"writing smooth and natural ... 99% sensitivity... 1024 levels of pressure.. can identify less than 30 degrees writing angle"  

I know this is less than what an Ipad Pro with Apple pencil can offer, but I expected to get only that, not more... but not less than described
In fact, I can't even draw a neat circle slowly, it makes 'scales'...
Fortunately, I have an old Lenovo THinkpad with stylus, really better for drawing compared to Hi13

Question to technicians : if a company comes out with a perfect Universal Stylus like you mentionned above & his own drivers, will the problems be solved (lack of sensivity, slow diagonals drawings making scales,...) ?
Or is the problem within the Tablet itself (hardware, touchscreen, etc...) ?

Edit : to those who say that "we get what we pay for, don't trust what is advertised".  if I knew, I'd buy Cube i7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUyoy-8iOsc
- As cheap / Chinese too / does what he advertises / pressure sensitive, no zigzag when drawing... I was attracted by the big screen of the Chuwi, I lost :/

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-14-2018 06:23:08 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-18-2018 18:15
Mitch33 replied at 2-13-2018 00:52
But we must admit that what is writ ...

Techdragonz for instance had a unit that was above average in that regard! So in his, and other similar cases, let's say they got lucky.

writing smooth and natural ... 99% sensitivity... 1024 levels of pressure.. can identify less than 30 degrees writing angle

Unlike their general mission statement, I would say in that description of the Hi13 the "natural" part is misleading. The rest of the specs could check out and be absolutely true.

R&D about actual results of the design and implementation is lacking to set necessary increase in criteria for quality control.

The USI initiative has Goodix the company onboard, which is whom Chuwi and many others rely on for their touchscreen and stylus support. But the USI has a specific implementation that many other organizations are onboard like Intel, Wacom and Lenovo (LG [behind OLED] withdrew from the initiative it seems, they're no longer on the list) and recently even Google joined, that seems to promise the best the current industry as a collective is trying to bring forth. Apple ("pay up and deal with limitations") and Samsung (behind QLED and different sPen implementations) are not onboard, possibly because their R&D are far ahead in similar regards (probably costed more and/or got specific talent onbaord). Edit: But now that I think of it, the USI initiative doesn't necessiarly seem to be focussed on artists.. so possibly it won't be perfect starting with USI v1. /Edit.

I would guess, just a guess, that units from similar Chinese brands have a similar inconsistency in quality control criteria, and you might still be a lot more subject to luck than you'd want to or expect. Even high end ones have a percentage of let downs of the same models.

When choosing mission-critical units of any kind for anything, it's best to get something easily returnable and easily refundable, dependent on the (web) retailer and shipping distance. To try again with the same or other (brand) models.
Chuwi is a consumer brand, that can be used for professional use-cases but is in practice not recommended for it, imo. It's often nice, a more affordable "plus". But you need a better primary unit.

You didn't lose, you gained some practical experience. Like someone else told me when I was mislead by the face value of misleading less knowing marketing department. Theoretical quality by design or that of a prototype, is not the same as mass production in practice.

Edit: I replied because Chuwi engineers generally don't respond to posts on the forum (even if they read it) unless someone gets something specific to their attention I think. The Emily account could be your best bet to get feedback, but even then not much can be disclosed or be absolutely sure about before Chuwi is ready for an official public announcement, within reason.

Edits: addition to premature reply, spelling, clarity + some little updates

3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-18-2018 09:24:46 | Show all posts
Mitch33 replied at 2-13-2018 00:52
But we must admit that what is writ ...

I've added some info about USI in my existing thread: https://goo.gl/1B3hxW

Whether the USI v1 specs address all of your issues in the future or not, will have to be seen I guess. In reviews maybe. But the mass production QC criteria and luck factor will remain though, so see my earlier remarks on that regard.

Use magic Report

robsm1th| Post time 2-19-2018 10:05:14 | Show all posts
I'm finding the pen very basic and mostly useful as a pointing tool.  I certainly don't believe the claimed pressure sensitivity.  Also sometimes it refuses to work at all.

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 2-21-2018 19:35:01 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 2-21-2018 19:37

'Beginner', 'entry level' and other terms just indicate something fairly below average compared to technical state of the art. Even the latter has difficulties to rival a 10ct pencil on cheap paper... if feel is the point - and for anything artistic feel is maybe the only point - why not using traditional, cheap, hassle free stuff, converting it with a scanner or camera when you need digital results.

Maybe even the best digital pens will never feel and respond like their 10ct counterparts. They probably become new tools with different feel. Finally feel is a human thing and not necessarily related to technical aspects or results. You can't discuss taste either.

To be honest, I think overhead with electronic note taking at the current state is not worth it for general use. Elektronic ink is a dream that just starts to become useful in certain areas - where computational postprocessing makes some sense. For art? Decide for yourself. Replacing your post it on the fridge?  Never... too slow, too expensive, too much mainenance...

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-3-2018 10:12:56 | Show all posts
MemberChuwi replied at 2-22-2018 04:35
'Beginner', 'entry level' and other terms just indicate something fairly below average compared to t ...
Replacing your post it on the fridge?  Never... too slow, too expensive, too much mainenance...

Each use case had a dedicated electronic device, for the fridge try the Boogie board. Very reliable and practically barely any maintenance.

Many artistic professionals are dependant on professional electronic solutions and their work is always impressive.

But the tool doesn't make the artist.

Use magic Report

Mitch33| Post time 3-7-2018 10:19:33 | Show all posts
Problem fixed : returned & got refund, thanks Paypal

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-28-2018 01:53:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Apple offers almost equally affordable alternative but with the Apple Pencil quality features: https://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/27/first-look-apples-new-97-inch-ipad-with-apple-pencil-support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list