ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General News! Chuwi 13.3inch tablet expected with finger pri ...

Follow Us

News! Chuwi 13.3inch tablet expected with finger print sensor

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:2-3-2018 07:58:28 View:649|Reply:9

Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-1-2017 22:14

3 days ago by admin:
Chuwi future 13.3 inch tablet will has this function
(finger print sensor)
-- Post #8 - Post time 3 day(s) ago - Chuwi Surbook Is Coming Soon and Live for Crowdfunding on Indiegogo

Well, that's all I know. Not sure if it's a sign that Hi13 Pro 13.5inch size is being reconsidered because of the weight complains for the screen-size + battery + device body + etc.. = total weight. Or whether both Hi13 Pro 13.5inch M3 + 13.3inch tablet with finger sensor, so will both devices be eventually manufactured?

Edit: clarity.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-1-2017 13:15:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Hackerjac at 5-1-2017 23:17

Lets see what happens in the future, they still haven't released the other 4 devices thay have promised

LapBook 12.3
SurBook
SurBook Mine
HiBox Pro

I still remember they also promised a Hi12 with Remix on, it just never got released
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-1-2017 13:32:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-1-2017 22:37
Hackerjac replied at 5-1-2017 22:15
Lets see what happens in the future, they still haven't released the other 4 devices thay have promi ...
I still remember they also promised a Hi12 with Remix on, it just never got released

Ok. LapBook 12.3 should be a sure thing as a device, also price announced as fixed, so maybe market interest has already been measured. Windows only should be easier than anything else they have done in the past. Remix is more obscure than Windows, according to what's mainstream, and according to their preferred systems poll. The SurBook depends on the indigogo campaign starting and showing interest or not enough. I'm not sure what the other possibilities depends on.

Look, from my perspective as a customer, uncertainty sucks. The same is true if I put myself in the brand's shoes, for a bit, metaphorically.

But the uncertainty Chuwi faces is, will it sell well? Or not? Are we sure? For what it costs them, how feasability will it be? These questions are tricky in a dynamic and ever changing market.

I'm glad they deliver something, and of acceptable quality, let's say "enough times". I'm sure everyone could use constructive criticism, so could Chuwi. I'm at times too sensitive, and almost always too verbose, I know that. That's my disadvantage.

What I absolutely agree with you, is that we should not delude ourselves about what to expect. I think we should just "report" with references and add what we know from experience or reasoning etc.., if we think it's relevant. To manage expectations. And that you did. So thank you.

Edits: clarity + typo!
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 5-2-2017 01:02:58 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 5-1-2017 13:15
Lets see what happens in the future, they still haven't released the other 4 devices thay have promi ...

@ Hackerjac

We have released a Remix OS on Hi12.

You can find Remix OS from here:
https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-2-2017 02:06:38 | Show all posts

I know you did release RemixOS for Hi12
My statement was basen on a Spanish comercial video i saw last you where the avatising was a new upcomming Hi12 with RemixOs, but maybe i missunderstood it, so i redraw that statement again
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-2-2017 08:39:52 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-2-2017 17:47
Hackerjac replied at 5-2-2017 11:06
My statement was basen on a Spanish comercial video i saw last you where the avatising was a new upcomming Hi12 with RemixOs, but maybe i missunderstood it, so i redraw that statement again

I think Hackerjac meant by "redraw", he meant "withdraw" or "withdrew".

But I also think that Hackerjac's accumulative negative experience with Chuwi's statements, service or impressions given in the past, is not completely ungrounded, thus also that Hackerjac's overall criticism is not without merit.

Chuwi has a lot to learn about Customer Expectations Management, to start with. The same goes for Chuwi's selling partners. Evident by Chuwi user's feedback everywhere. This is not an isolated incident.

It's clear that this, reflection of Chuwi, is a clear symptom of Time-Management and thus prioritisation, with what's possible and available. "Perfection" is a feeble concept. All we as users can do for Chuwi, is provide feedback to the best of our ability, without costing us too much valuable time in our lives. And hoping that Chuwi as a company comprised of many employees, is growing at a healthy pace, with all the overal market feedback.

Any illusion, has to be addressed properly indeed, to be dispelled well.

My take on this. FWIW.

Edits: quote merging, typos, autocomplete fail recovery + clarity.

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 5-3-2017 00:10:52 | Show all posts
sound good, but does a tablet or laptop really need a finger print sensor.
Even though finger print somehow enables fast device unlocking and provides 'securer' protection.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 06:53:45 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-3-2017 16:03
steward00 replied at 5-3-2017 09:10
sound good, but does a tablet or laptop really need a finger print sensor.
Even though finger print  ...

Faster device unlocking is a plus.
Microsoft has filed a patent I think for unlocking with active pen gesture. To make the screen be more ready faster closer to paper. Pick up, gesture with active stylus, and continue.
Until then the windows 10 device dependant 4 digit PIN is what can be used, and won't give hackers (Edit: not on that basis) remote access even if they know the pin.

Use magic Report

MarylandUSA| Post time 2-2-2018 09:26:19 | Show all posts
If it's 13.3 inches, the display will probably be 16:9, like other 13.3s.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 2-3-2018 07:58:28 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 2-3-2018 19:06
MarylandUSA replied at 2-2-2018 18:26
If it's 13.3 inches, the display will probably be 16:9, like other 13.3s.

It's most probably this one: https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... win10-tablet-laptop

Their best specs to date! (Edit: with the exception of the PPI, but for a lot of use-cases it's worth the tradeoff, as some have even set the Hi13 at much lower resolutions to gain some performance)

After over half a year since OP, finally the complete details have been officially published for a number of weeks now it seems, as it also has been simultaneously collecting even more than the minimum necessary backers.

I wasn't paying attention for a long time now.

Although it's very nice development to see, my current devices function well enough for a long while now. But it's always nice to "wake up in the future" and have much better affordable options to move on to when needed.

Edit: addition + correction.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules