ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 SD Card problem (partially Solved)

Follow Us

SD Card problem (partially Solved)

[Copy link]

Elle|Post time:4-10-2018 10:36:56 View:13255|Reply:67

Arne| Post time 2-8-2018 01:51:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Arne at 2-12-2018 01:45

OMG...
Elle could you please edit your first Post?
I loaded and installed the drivers and killed my windows with them. Bluescreen after reboot.

pls wipe out wrong solutions!

Greetings Arne

edit: my fault. no solution here yet.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 2-8-2018 05:02:33 | Show all posts
That shouldnt happen, you must be doing something wrong

Use magic Report

GoldenDark| Post time 2-9-2018 04:54:24 | Show all posts
nevertheless we don't have any a solution  !!! Chuwiiii .....?

Use magic Report

cocottka| Post time 3-10-2018 04:12:01 | Show all posts
Edited by cocottka at 3-10-2018 06:36

Hello, I also cant read sc card both win and anroid. I tried evertyhing written about it and still dont work. But I dont get why it dont work even after I reinstall both systems. It worked when i got the tablet so I dont get what changed and cant be undone by reinstalling systems. Does anyone? Can it be HW fault ? Anyone tried to change the card reader physically, beacuse I´m thinking of trying ? Or if i make it only android or only windows tablet, will sd card work then? Thanks

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 3-10-2018 19:28:56 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 3-10-2018 19:33

It has got to be a software issue, whether BIOS/UEFI, or Windows OS, or drivers...  Simply because the SD card reader worked on mine every time it was booted for over a year with the same SD cards.  Along came a Windows Update problem that left me unable to boot, so I performed a fresh install with Motobot's Spring or Fall Creator's update package and then it never worked consistently again irregardless of drivers used -one time it would work the next time not, etc.  I can only assume from that behavior that something core to the issue changed when I had to nuke and pave as part of the installation or that core code changed in the version installed that was not being affected when I was merely making Windows updates.

After all this time, my guess is there may be an underlying hardware related issue, possibly security related, and code was changed to fix it possibly on a very low level -why else would anyone leave SD access so broken?  But, then why only affect systems if they are completely updated, or just how was it that it continued to work so well, for so long?  The only other thing that comes to mind is that someone refuses to pay whomever for a relevant driver change specific to the hardware used in the SD reader.  I have a Lenovo Miix 700 with a SCSI interfaced internal Sd card reader and it works fine, as well as the SD card reader on my old Lenovo X200T and a cheap little NuVision 8" TM800W610 Win 10 tablet...  So?
My external USB 3.0 card reader works just fine in the Chuwi, so my guess is someone is just not supporting that hardware used in the internal SD card reader, why I do not know, but I suspect the almighty $$$ plays a role.

Use magic Report

vlado30| Post time 4-6-2018 03:52:14 | Show all posts
Edited by vlado30 at 4-6-2018 04:02

My external USB 3.0 card reader works just fine in the Chuwi Hi8pro, and OTG 3.0 works with same card good in android and in windows 10 1709, so my guess is someone is just not supporting that hardware used in the internal SD card reader, a
Problem with internal SD card reader into Hi8Pro, Emily haven't any solution yet 2 year PRODUCT Chuiwi IS FALURE DEFECTIVEIf any oher solution from other Please.

Use magic Report

jonathanw| Post time 4-8-2018 00:17:00 | Show all posts
hi elle, I tried to implement your solutions and I mangaged to get it to do everything. except the driver files in the system 32 folder still show version 10, but the ones in device manager show version 6. Could you advise what to try? I did what you said and made my account the owner of the files, but they still didn't change to version 6. The sd card slot is still not working.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan W

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 4-10-2018 10:36:56 | Show all posts
To delete de v. 10 drivers you must boot from another device like an ubuntu usb or dlc utilities and from there eliminate the v 10 drivers and put the v6 drivers.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list