ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General Chuwi warranty and Support tales

Follow Us

Chuwi warranty and Support tales

[Copy link]

Alrex27|Post time:11-5-2017 11:27:38 View:2393|Reply:46

SKaza| Post time 10-7-2017 05:30:48 | Show all posts
I will ask emily and/or doodzilla and/or manonegra222 who serve as forum moderators on behalf of Chuwi a simple question:
Can I send my faulty Hi10plus (SD problem) to the Chuwi's Hungarian repair station to be fixed within my 1 year warranty period ?

Is Chuwi after sales warranty working at all or not ?
I am also one of the UNHAPPY customers that bought a Chuwi Hi10 plus tablet and experience the common micro SD problem. I have sent dozens of mails to service@chuwi.com and have sent them the "defective device information collection.xlsx" but they don't answer !
After searching, I found out some that there is a Chuwi service station in Hungary:
http://itwshungary.hu/
They are supposed to undertake Chuwi products' warranty repairs.
You can contact them at:
service@itwshungary.hu
javitas@itwshungary.hu
itwshungary@gmail.com
However, after contacting the manager of the repair station he says that first someone has to contact Chuwi's after sales service (I suppose service@chuwi.com) and get a "service number".
He also complains that Chuwi does not send spare parts to his repair station, and that he has a lot of angry customers who sent their tablets to him and remain there unfixed for months due to the fact that Chuwi's customer service does not exist !
So, what is going on ?
Is Chuwi after sales warranty working at all or not ?
According to EU laws and regulations this behavior is definitely illegal !
How can we protect our rights as customers ?
I definitely demand an official answer on this, from an official Chuwi representative, on how I can immediately and at no personal cost send my Hi10 plus to a Chuwi repair station for proper repair, within the 1 year warranty period of the product.
According to EU regulations Chuwi IS OBLIGED TO CORRECT THE malfunctioning tablets it sells in Europe, at no further cost for the customer.
If you are some kind of Chuwi's representatives, at least in this forum, you have to forward this to your bosses. We are ready to take legal actions to protect our rights as customers.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 10-7-2017 08:19:53 | Show all posts
SKaza replied at 10-7-2017 14:30
I will ask emily and/or doodzilla and/or manonegra222 who serve as forum moderators on behalf of Chu ...

To your "simple" question I will try to give a clear answer:
I do not know if you have been given a certainty of the repair of your problem with SD since almost all the remedies that have been exposed here have not given any result.
If you think it will be fixed you can do what you want with your device but before you should have Chuwi approval for this repair is covered by the warranty.
In particular, and it is my opinion, the problem is not due to a hardware issue but to an SD reader malfunction caused by some conflict generated by the compatibility with the storage size in Android on cards of more than 32 Gb. Chuwi's exclusive problem, is in other brands and is related to the devices equipped with Bios of American Megadrents and Atom processors.
I am not a technician, just moderator of this forum but I can tell you that in the Telegram Chuwi group in Spanish, that also moderero, we have found a system to recover the operation, in both Windows and Android, SD card,
It is in tests but I have no problem in sharing it here and so can be tested by more users.
It consists of the following:
1. Remove the SD card from the reader for a few weeks. Use the tablet during this time without a card and starting on both systems normally.
2. While this time passes, prepare the SD card by making a primary partition in FAT32 format for Android of a maximum of 32 Gb and the rest of the card in a primary partition in NTFS format.
3. When you pass the time indicated in point 1 you start the tablet in Windows having connected a USB stick (no matter what the content of the pendrive)
4. Once the operating system has been booted, enter the SD card you have prepared or one of less than 32 Gb. It should work correctly.
If you want you can make this attempt which, as I say, has worked on devices with problems and has not failed again
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

SKaza| Post time 10-8-2017 10:36:11 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 10-7-2017 08:19
To your "simple" question I will try to give a clear answer:
I do not know if you have been given  ...

Dear manonegra222, I have followed your instructions carefully except no 1 "1. Remove the SD card from the reader for a few weeks. Use the tablet during this time without a card and starting on both systems normally." because I cannot wait for a "few weeks" more as my 1 year warranty will expire soon, and as I said to my previous post I don't see the point of "waiting for a few weeks" in a deterministic device like a tablet ! Whatever happens in a few hours will also happen in a few weeks. The computers do not "mature" with time !
So I did the following:
1. I removed the SD card from the reader for a few HOURS. I used the tablet during this time without a card and starting on both systems normally.
2. While this time passed, I prepared the SD card by making a primary partition in FAT32 format for Android of 31 Gb and the rest of the card in a primary partition in NTFS format.
3. When time indicated in point 1 passed, I started the tablet in Windows having connected a USB stick (no matter what the content of the USB stick). I connected one via a OTG cable (micro USB male to USB type A female).
4. Once the operating system had been booted, I entered the SD card I had prepared.
Result: The micro SD was recognized but when I tried to perform a file copy to it, it instantly disappeared !
So these instructions DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM with the micro SD reader.
I repeated the instructions many times. One of the times, the micro SD was recognized as not formatted,and Windows suggested to format it. I formatted it in full capacity (64 GB) NTFS. After the micro SD even accepted file operations (file copy, rename, etc). But when I restarted windows it again ..... disappeared !
So the well known stochastic behavior of the micro SD slot repeats itself.
It is true, though, that the concurrent existence of a USB stick, makes the micro SD slot to recognize micro SD cards more easily, but the erratic behavior continues.
So I again conclude that it has to be either a hardware problem or a BIOS problem.
My Chuwi Hi10 plus was bought in November 2016 and it HAS the micro SD problem, but it was working well at the start.
I have also bought 2 Chuwi Hi12 in April 2017. None of them has any problem with the micro SD card. So maybe Chuwi discovered that some component (namely the micro SD reader) was erratic and maybe it later replaced it  in the production line. Thus, some tablets seem to have the problem and some others don't.
But in any case, whether it is a BIOS problem or a component problem Chuwi has to REPAIR THE MALFUNCTIONING TABLETS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD, and at no cost for the customer.
But instead of that we get reports that Chuwi has 0 after sales service. I myself have sent dozens of mails to service@chuwi.com with no response.
Even Chuwi's agents say that
"This is Chuwi support. Equals a big "0". This is all just a big sprinkling powder, a scam that European customers buy from them. That's my opinion. All my clients have the same thing. They do not respond to customers for months...."
I f Chuwi wants to clear its name it HAS to conform to its obligations and offer its customers REAL AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SUPPORT especially for malfunctioning products.
Otherwise we talk about a fraud !
Am I right ?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 10-8-2017 10:58:13 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 10-8-2017 20:49
SKaza replied at 10-8-2017 19:36
Dear manonegra222, I have followed your instructions carefully except no 1 "1. Remove the SD card  ...

Do not say my method does not work because you have not done what I said. It's your method and no, it does not work.

Please, just one thread for the same theme
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Alrex27| Post time 10-11-2017 07:33:07 | Show all posts
davidsutphin replied at 10-5-2017 18:04
Hi Alex,
Wow, that's not good. In fact, it's horrible. Your last update was over a month ago. Did it ...

No, still no solved

Use magic Report

Alrex27| Post time 10-26-2017 10:14:15 | Show all posts
sent an email to support a few days back... no news

Use magic Report

artowi| Post time 10-26-2017 11:00:42 | Show all posts
It soon will be 3 months for my broken Hi13 to be held hostage from CHUWI in the Hungarian repair center.  Chuwi promised to send replacement mainboard there and I guess the mid autumn festival couldn't count as a valid excuse any longer.   
This is very very bad.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Alrex27| Post time 11-5-2017 07:21:27 | Show all posts
still no aswer...

Use magic Report

Alrex27| Post time 11-5-2017 07:24:16 | Show all posts
emily replied at 7-18-2017 01:26
hello, Alrex27, i will help you to find the service ,i will find them in the office, right now, ve ...

any news emily?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 11-5-2017 11:27:38 | Show all posts

Emily isn't working on the forum currently as she is preparing the Indiegogo project for the Corebook
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list