ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Problem with SD Card on Windows 10.

Follow Us

Problem with SD Card on Windows 10.

[Copy link]

Frt87|Post time:3-10-2018 16:39:35 View:927|Reply:9

Edited by Frt87 at 10-25-2017 09:14

Hi everyone. I have a Chuwi Hi8 Pro (Dual Boot), with SN: PQ32F221708...

It has worked perfectly, but today it stopped detecting the SD card under Windows 10 (it still works under Android). Windows makes the sound of a sd properly inserted and detected, but no SD is shown in the list.

How Can I fix that?

Use magic Report

Frt87| Post time 10-25-2017 11:00:59 | Show all posts
I know, unfortunately. But all the topics and the firmwares are referred to the models made in 2016. Mine was made on August 2017, so there's no update I can flash to try to solve the problem. It stopped working suddenly, and I didn't touch anything on the system.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 10-25-2017 10:52:16 | Show all posts
This is a widespread problem that when given in Windows, at the same time, will also happen in Android. There are many threads in the forum with half solutions provided by users. A bios update does not solve the problem.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

hdenie| Post time 11-16-2017 13:14:34 | Show all posts

Chuwi Hi8 Pro sd card not mounting

Edited by hdenie at 11-20-2017 20:52

Same problem here
I have a Chuwi Hi8 Pro (Dual Boot), Purchased Sept 11,2017 with same SN: PQ32F221708...

It has worked perfectly, but 3 weeks ago it stopped detecting the SD card under Windows 10 (it still works under Android). Windows makes the sound of the sd inserted but is not detected, and no SD is shown in the file explorer list.
In my Windows PC   the SD card is properly identified.
It is still under warranty, I would like it to be fixed

Couple of days ago now no more sd card in Android either
Shuwi !!!!!!!  are you there

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 11-16-2017 14:55:38 | Show all posts
It can't be fixed

Use magic Report

hdenie| Post time 11-19-2017 09:55:34 | Show all posts
Now the Micro SD card is no longer detected in Android I wish someone could com up with a solution

Use magic Report

Chuwbacca| Post time 11-19-2017 16:10:29 | Show all posts
I've got no answers on how to fix it, but if people want to avoid the issue....

I've had a fat32 128gig SD card working fine for over a year.. (on a 1608 Hi8pro).. I think the trick is not to use Android...(and I've never ejected or removed the card which may help also)... I used android a few times without issue but due to being paranoid about losing SD card support I stopped using it.. It defeats the purpose of having a dual boot system but my priority was on having a semi-reliable win10 system with a big SD card, so sacrificing Android was worthwhile...

(I've since removed android because it was getting too hard and unreliable to install win 10 updates when you only have 5 or 6gig free space)

Use magic Report

hdenie| Post time 11-27-2017 17:04:40 | Show all posts
Yes CHUWBAcCA  that is what I will need to do .
Any tutorial how to instal windows 10 tablet version on the HI8 pro ?

Use magic Report

VarelaPet| Post time 3-10-2018 03:38:42 | Show all posts
Same problem here. Are Chuwi really not going to do anything about it?  

Use magic Report

mr_robot| Post time 3-10-2018 16:39:35 | Show all posts
Edited by mr_robot at 3-12-2018 23:18

I also have a Chuwi Hi8 Pro (Dual Boot), with SN: PQ32*221708 purchased around August last year and have been using it regularly with the SD card formatted to exFat so far no problem. I mainly use Win 10 and occasionally use a bit of Android. I think another way to avoid this SD card problem is to format the SD card to exFat which will only be recognized in Windows and not in Android.

This SD card problem seems to be plaguing many dual OS tablets, I wonder if Chuwi's latest Hi8 Air will have the same issue or not. Either way I still think they made a huge mistake of not making the storage 64GB...metal casing and fully laminated screen are not enough of an upgrade for Chuwi Hi8 owners to upgrade to it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list