ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Reset / installing Windows 10

Follow Us

Reset / installing Windows 10

[Copy link]

kimmy2000|Post time:10-30-2017 01:07:05 View:724|Reply:4

Hi, I want to reset/restore my copy of Windows 10, but whenever I try using the function built into Windows I get an error and is is unable to proceed (\windows\system32\winload.efi error 0xc0000225)

Is there a way to fix this or do I need to reinstall Windows?  If I need to reinstall Windows, do I just download the files from here http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-4286-1-1.html

Will these files install a registered version of Windows 10?

Thanks for help

Kimmy

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-29-2017 12:52:48 | Show all posts
Hello kimmy2000,
At first glance, installing a stock copy of Windows may seem like the simplest solution.
However, please note that the official installation package contains an outdated version of Windows 10.
In my opinion, the most rational solution would be to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 Home using the official Win10_1709_English_x64.iso file of Microsoft.
Before that, I would save all the drivers from the current Windows so as not to encounter the problem of finding them after a clean installation of the system.
Getting DriverPack of your Chuwi Lapbook
You can get all currently installed drivers. It's easy to do.
1. You have to create a folder in the root directory of drive C and name it as Drivers.
2. Run PowerShell with Administrator rights (as Admin) and perform the following command
  1. Export-WindowsDriver –Online -Destination C:\Drivers
Copy the Code

As operation completed move the Drivers folder on an external USB drive for future use.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kimmy2000| Post time 10-29-2017 14:40:55 | Show all posts
Hi Motobot,

Many thanks for your reply, I will follow your advice.  Just to confirm, this will auto activate Windows 10?  My lapbook did not come with any activation codes it seems.

Thanks again

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-29-2017 14:57:51 | Show all posts
Do not worry. Win10 Home OEM key is in BIOS. Windows 10 Home will activate itself.

Use magic Report

kimmy2000| Post time 10-30-2017 01:07:05 | Show all posts
Edited by kimmy2000 at 10-31-2017 01:43

That's great to know, thanks again

Edit : Just wanted to say that it all went well, even moved the installation onto the faster, larger SSD.  Thanks again for your help

Kimmy

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list