ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Guide: Disabling touchpad gestures (Linux)

Follow Us

Guide: Disabling touchpad gestures (Linux)

[Copy link]

alemakto|Post time:11-4-2017 04:00:49 View:567|Reply:0

Since I haven’t seen it posted before I would like to let you know how to disable touchpad gestures on Linux. It’s actually really simple.

First of all if you actually want to utilize the gestures they map to keyboard shortcuts, for example the gesture from the top of the touchpad area towards bottom maps to Meta+Down, from left to center maps to Meta+A etc.

If you’re like me and find the touchpad the most annoying piece of crap ever, on an otherwise excellent laptop, here’s how you can get rid of them:

Disclaimer: This works under X11, not sure about Wayland.

1. Determine the ID of the input device.
  1. $ xinput list
  2. ⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
  3. ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
  4. ⎜   ↳ HAILUCK CO.,LTD Usb Touch                 id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
  5. ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
  6.     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
  7.     ↳ Video Bus                                 id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
  8.     ↳ Power Button                              id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
  9.     ↳ HAILUCK CO.,LTD Usb Touch                 id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
  10.     ↳ USB 2.0 Camera                            id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
  11.     ↳ Intel HID events                          id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
  12.     ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
Copy the Code

As you can see the “HAILUCK CO.,LTD Usb Touch” device appears under Virtual core pointer, and Virtual core keyboard.

2. To disable all gestures simply disable the slave keyboard device, in this case with the id=8.

1. $ xinput disable 8
Copy the Code

3. Add this invocation to autostarts script or modify Xorg.conf to preserve the configuration across reboots.

Hope this helps!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list