ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Safe charger for Hi13

Follow Us

Safe charger for Hi13

[Copy link]

eboo|Post time:1-18-2018 12:25:43 View:674|Reply:12

Hello everyone! 1st post.

Bought the Hi13 and now trying to get the hang of it. Initial views of it are cautiously optimistic but the bad reviews here are a little worrying.

For the charger, my Hi13 arrived with the newer version. It works but charger gets very hot while charging. I don't know if I'd like to keep it for continuous use.

For options I own two other USB-C chargers:

Motorola Droid Z "Turbo power" charger, rated 5v @ 3A.  

In my car I use a Tronsmart 33W charger. This one: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0146FK ... 1_189395811_TE_dp_1

It's rated as follows:

"[Updated Version]: USB-C Port: (5V/3A,Meet USB-C Standard); USB-A Port: (Quick charge 3.6-6.5V/3A, 6.5-9V/2A, and 9-12V/1.5A(Max) )

Can I use one or both chargers to charge the Hi13? They probably won't charge very fast because they only do 5V charging but the main thing here is that I don't want to break my Hi13.  I see the Tronsmart charger gives more current from the USB-A port side (Quick Charge) but wouldn't the USB-C side be safer?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-18-2017 09:49:51 | Show all posts
To safely charge your tablet you must use a charger with the minimum specifications required for this model. The tablet needs a charger with a voltage of 12V. 2A. Do not serve chargers that do not come to give these values. The latest version of the charger works correctly and heating it is normal.
If in the end you decide to buy a second charger remember that they have the required values.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

eboo| Post time 12-18-2017 10:50:43 | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply! So the Tronsmart car charger would not be safe to use on the Hi13? That's a real bummer. The USB-C port seems like a jungle with all the incompatible and even dangerous chargers. And it's not exactly a new thing anymore so I can't understand how nobody's controlling the standard.

Has anyone found a working "12V car cigarette lighter USB-C charger" for the Hi13?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-18-2017 14:22:15 | Show all posts
eboo replied at 12-18-2017 19:50
Thanks for the reply! So the Tronsmart car charger would not be safe to use on the Hi13? That's a re ...

No he encontrado ningún cargador de coche que aporte 12V. y 2A. Pero si he encontrado un transformador de 12V. a 230 V. y ahí enchufar el cargador oficial de Chuwi.

https://www.amazon.es/BESTEK-Enc ... oche+12+v&psc=1
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-18-2017 14:22:17 | Show all posts
eboo replied at 12-18-2017 19:50
Thanks for the reply! So the Tronsmart car charger would not be safe to use on the Hi13? That's a re ...

No he encontrado ningún cargador de coche que aporte 12V. y 2A. Pero si he encontrado un transformador de 12V. a 230 V. y ahí enchufar el cargador oficial de Chuwi.

https://www.amazon.es/BESTEK-Enc ... oche+12+v&psc=1
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 12-18-2017 16:29:50 | Show all posts
I think the point is not to use the original Chuwi charger for anything else than directly charging the tablet. It looks like a USB C PD charger but it isn't.

if you want a single charger for HI13 and other USB C PD devices, get something else. If you intend to use any USB C accessory with PD don't use the Chuwi brick and get something else.

I'm using an Aukey 47W PD charger for a while. Works well but gets warm too, not hot so.

Use magic Report

eboo| Post time 12-20-2017 05:47:26 | Show all posts
Thanks MemberChuwi,

Ok, so I will use the Chuwi charger only for the Hi13. But I would also like to have an in car charger. Do you have any views on using the Tronsmart 5V charger on the Hi13? Would that be safe? Lower current so slower charging but is it possibly also dangerous?

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 12-24-2017 11:21:15 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 12-24-2017 11:22

Slow charging isn't harmful. Probably it's even better than quick charging methods... because it heats the battery less, which is fewer stress on a battery. Discharging a LiIon battery very low or storing it a longer time at 100% will also reduce it's lifetime.

5V chargers will not work with Hi13 at all. You need a 12V power delivery (PD) compatible USB-C charger with at least 24W. I can't tell you how to find a working one on paper... it's a trial and error process... 12V isn't guaranteed by PD, it's optional only. Also a 24W charger should do in theory it's more likely a 36+W charger providing 12V will do...

Sorry that I can't tell you a simpler story.

Use magic Report

robsm1th| Post time 1-18-2018 11:10:03 | Show all posts
Edited by robsm1th at 1-18-2018 11:11

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger ... eywords=Aukey+usb+c

This works.  You'll need to order a c to c cable as it doesn't come with one

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 1-18-2018 12:25:43 | Show all posts
Guess there is no similar EU Version of this Model, isn't it?

The 24W and 29W seem not to work.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list