ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Headphone jack not active on wake

Follow Us

Headphone jack not active on wake

[Copy link]

cjhemmer|Post time:1-10-2018 04:32:48 View:276|Reply:5

Wondering if others have this issue or have a solution.  On wake from sleep I find that my headphone jack is inactive and sound will come from the speakers.  If I unplug and reinsert the headphones, the sound works as expected.   This seems to be some failure on wake since I can see a red X momentary flash on the speaker icon on the task bar before it switches over to the speakers.  I'm hesitant with all the audio issues reported here to completely uninstall the intel and realtek drivers in fear I'll lose sound completely.  Suggestions?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-19-2017 14:32:12 | Show all posts
It is really strange what you tell and the truth, I had never heard from any user. I have tried what you say in my SurBook and behaves correctly. The headphones work the first time after the deep sleep. I can only think of one possibility of software and it is to click on the taskbar on the speaker with the right mouse button and in the next window go to "solve audio problems".
I do not think it's a driver problem at all because as you say the speakers and then the headphones, they work correctly.
Please, try what I have told you and comment later if it has served you.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

cjhemmer| Post time 12-20-2017 14:17:31 | Show all posts
I agree it is a strange issue.  I don't recall it being the case when I got the tablet or after the Fall Creators Update to Windows 10.  Could be a hardware issue but I find it a bit strange that a simple unplug/replug of the headphones reinitializes the detection.  I tried the solution above and it didn't find any errors and I've tried a few settings options like turning off hardware acceleration and the setting to allow applications to take exclusive control of the sound device with no change.  Looking at event viewer I do see an error popping up whenever the computer wakes in intcOED, which appears to be tied to the Intel Smart Sound drivers.  Could this be the cause?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-21-2017 01:21:44 | Show all posts
cjhemmer replied at 12-20-2017 23:17
I agree it is a strange issue.  I don't recall it being the case when I got the tablet or after the  ...

Yes, it could be this. You can try reinstalling them with the ones in the download area of the forum or you could use the ones that I have in my SurBook and that work correctly.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

cjhemmer| Post time 1-9-2018 17:20:16 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 12-21-2017 01:21
Yes, it could be this. You can try reinstalling them with the ones in the download area of the for ...

thank you for the assistance.  Just posting, a little late, to say I resolved the problem.  It was with the Intel sound drivers that for some reason appeared to create a second sound device in conflict.  Uninstalling Intel related sound devices including driver removal in device manager then pointing the unknown devices to find the appropriate drivers in those provided by Chuwi resolved the issue.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-10-2018 04:32:48 | Show all posts
Thank you for the response, I hope you can serve others with the same problem. I'm glad everything works correctly again.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list