ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus No sound after Windows update

Follow Us

No sound after Windows update

[Copy link]

TropinotoHirto|Post time:12-28-2017 02:33:21 View:479|Reply:8

Hello there,
probably, someone has already asked, but after an update i cant hear any sound and the Device Manager is stuck on the Intel driver. Everytime I try to update it, I receive a message saying the best driver is already installed, and checking the properties all I can read is that there's no driver loaded.
Is here anyone with the same problem? Any fix?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-21-2017 02:11:36 | Show all posts
Hi, uninstall the sound driver and restart the computer. Windows will install the driver automatically.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

TropinotoHirto| Post time 12-21-2017 23:58:57 | Show all posts
Nothing changed... In "Device manager" there's "Speakers (intel SST Audio Device (WDM)) again, but no sound...

Use magic Report

TropinotoHirto| Post time 12-22-2017 00:01:20 | Show all posts
Non even with earphones...

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-22-2017 00:47:53 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 12-22-2017 09:48

Do you manually install the sound driver you have tried to do from the drivers that are available in the forum?
For Chuwi Hi10 Plus
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ypeid%26typeid%3D24

Check the serial number and processor of your Tablet to download the correct driver. Then from the managed devices it executes the manual update of the controller, it looks for it in the folder where it has downloaded it and tests if this method works.
https://www.elgrupoinformatico.com/como-recuperar-audio-windows-t25422.html

Use magic Report

TropinotoHirto| Post time 12-22-2017 03:58:27 | Show all posts
I can't uninstall anything, it keeps the endpoint drivers, and any attempt installing anything else is failing due to the fact that "I already have the best driver"... any ideas?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-22-2017 07:30:34 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 12-22-2017 16:33

Option 1:
Disables the option to install unsigned Windows 10 drivers https://www.adslzone.net/2017/03 ... ados-en-windows-10/Download and update the driver manually from the files in the forum for the Hi10 Plus

Option 2:
Uninstall the sound driver then go to the top bar of managed devices and click on the top bar where it says to look for changes of Hardware so that by Internet of Windows searches for the recommended driver for the computer.

Option 3:
As a last option is to restore some backup if you have done where the sound worked correctly or reinstall Windows again in clean.
One of these options has to work to return to have sound on the tablet.

Use magic Report

TropinotoHirto| Post time 12-23-2017 23:53:00 | Show all posts
Tried the first two options, but nothing changed... I don't like the idea of a clean install (with all the updates and so on), but I guess can't be helped... T_T

Use magic Report

TropinotoHirto| Post time 12-28-2017 02:33:21 | Show all posts
Ok, I think I got it. Manually unionstalled the drivers, then recognized the hardware as unknown and updated using the drivers provided on this forum. At first reboot they stopped working, so I repeated the whole process, and now they seems to work fine.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list