ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Warranty & Repairs - HI13

Follow Us

Warranty & Repairs - HI13

[Copy link]

Felipe_Cortes|Post time:1-1-2018 23:53:58 View:507|Reply:10

Dear:

My hi13 tablet, is overheated and the battery life is 50% lower, because the original charger was bad factory. I want to know how I can use my warranty as a consumer. I only have 9 months with the tablet and it is already failing, unfortunately I read very late in the forum of the page that the charger caused irreparable damage to the tablet and I think it is not fair that I keep a product that came with a failure of factory. I would like to know what solution your company gives me and how I should proceed.

Regards.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-23-2017 07:37:29 | Show all posts
In principle you should check where it was purchased as the warranty is from the seller and the terms of the guarantee.
Normally the warranty offered by the store is 1 year of free repair.
Check which was your seller and act in accordance with the conditions of sale.

I you have any doubt do not hesitate to consult us
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 12-24-2017 11:41:49 | Show all posts
Edited by MemberChuwi at 12-24-2017 11:50

That's all theory.

If you bought from an overseas reseller it's a matter of luck. My guess is you will get no service at all. It's a difference how things should be and if you can force it.

If you bought from an european reseller there should be some warranty. But forcing a legal case will most likely not pay back too.

In Germany the problem starts already after 6 months - despite a legal warranty of 24 months - if a dealer doesn't care, because after 6 month the customer has to provide evidence that the failure was present from beginning. That's usually impossible to do.

I've experienced loss cases myself even with in country purchases where legal regulations are clear. But when a resellrer refuses warranty - which is simple, he just tells it's your fault by improper treatment - then open a law case for 100 bucks... nonsense that does practically not work. I had to swallow the bitter pill too - because any further actions would have added cost on top with doubtful return...

Unfortunately it's gambling buying import devices directly. It depends on the good will of resellers... are you really so naive to expect this?

If you want service and repair guaranties buy Dell - and pay. Or buy cheap and take chances.

It's not that I like telling this, it's just the way it most likely turns out when it comes to problems...

Use magic Report

Felipe_Cortes| Post time 12-29-2017 04:20:03 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 12-23-2017 07:37
In principle you should check where it was purchased as the warranty is from the seller and the term ...

Make the purchase through Aliexpress in the official store of Chuwi. I wrote to the seller but they have not answered anything yet. I just want to be able to send my tablet to be repaired.
I want to buy the new Chuwi Lapbook Air Notebook but after that I do not have the confidence and security to do it.
I do not know what I can do, I'm very confused

Use magic Report

Chuwbacca| Post time 12-29-2017 15:11:21 | Show all posts
I do not know what I can do, I'm very confused

Unfortunately there's not much you can do, in general Chuwi do not offer support or warranty for their products... If your tablet was fairly new you could lodge a Paypal (180days) or Credit-card (120days) dispute and get your money back, but since you're outside of that time frame you're pretty much on your own...

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-29-2017 15:45:49 | Show all posts
Felipe_Cortes replied at 12-29-2017 13:20
Make the purchase through Aliexpress in the official store of Chuwi. I wrote to the seller but the ...

Please contact service@chuwi.com, explaining the problem and the date of your purchase. If you spend more than 7 days without answer, please tell me by private message and I will be interested in the steps to take to have your tablet repaired
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Felipe_Cortes| Post time 12-29-2017 20:35:09 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 12-29-2017 15:45
Please contact , explaining the problem and the date of your purchase. If you spend more than 7 da ...

Thank you for your answer, send the email today, I will wait for the answer and I will comment.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Chuwbacca| Post time 12-30-2017 02:48:15 | Show all posts
Thank you for your answer, send the email today, I will wait for the answer and I will comment.

Goodluck, I have my fingers crossed for you, I've emailed them a couple of times and they've never replied...

Use magic Report

MemberChuwi| Post time 12-31-2017 01:16:58 | Show all posts
Aliexpress is a Chinese Store, isn't it? 'official' doesn't' mean anything in terms of warranty or repair, it just sounds good... there are no official Chuwi representatives in our countries that need to ensure local standards. lt's most likely that if we had this prices weren't attractive any more. A lot of regular in country offers are Chinese makes too.

Even a lot of expensive brands devices are Chinese makes... just the service is different. I decided for a Dell lately and guess what? The device automatically performed a bios update by preinstalled Dell service software... you get all sorts of downloads for this machine, email, phone and chat service. If you wish you get all kinds of support for money, including business grade. Want Linux? Is supported too. Need help? Pay and get it.

Chuwi is not for you if you expect more than a low price. Except for the charger issue the Hi13 is great HW value for the money. With SW issues you are on your own too. Best to create some backup images before going online - otherwise restore can be difficult. I missed this myself too.

Use magic Report

sosak| Post time 1-1-2018 23:53:58 | Show all posts
MemberChuwi replied at 12-31-2017 01:16
Aliexpress is a Chinese Store, isn't it? 'official' doesn't' mean anything in terms of warranty or r ...

Well, "amen" to that ;)
I must agree with every word above, learnt the same the hard way.
Unfortunately for Chuwi  (or T-Bao, Voyo, EZ, etc., etc.), my next purchase won't be any Chuwi product
Not because of the fairly good HW (it's always a compromise as the parts are mostly not the "top of the class", but you still get a decent HW for your money), but because of the total lack of any support when you need it. Their approach is nothing like you'd usually expect in Europe/US/Canada/Australia - unfortunately

I may try to purchase some more expensive stuff (ex. 13"/14" laptop) from Xiaomi as they have local support in Czech Rep. (my home country) and I'll see how that works out.

Summary - you get what you pay for. Higher price generally means more support - as easy as that.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list