ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus MicroSD Slot On Windows Stopped Working | PLEASE HEL ...

Follow Us

MicroSD Slot On Windows Stopped Working | PLEASE HELP, I THINK IT'S DRIVERS

[Copy link]

salto|Post time:2-17-2018 06:58:09 View:600|Reply:9

Edited by salto at 1-5-2018 07:44

Hi everyone,

I have used the same MicroSd card since I bought Chuwi Hi10Plus (CW1527). Now I see that Windows can't detect the microsd card... If I use microsd adapter and plug into the USB port of genuine Chuwi keyboard, then all is ok. Strange thing is that 2gb micro sd card which I found in my room for a test works just fine, my card that worked well all the time is 128gb and splitted in 2 partitions - first partition is for android (~20GB) and is in fat32, and second partition (~100GB) is NTFS and dedicated for windows. NOW I HAVE FORMATED TO SINGLE PARTITION OF FAT32, TRIED NTFS AS WELL, BUT THE SD IS NOT DETECTED (ON WINDOWS ONLY). I CAN SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER NEXT TO THE SD CARD SLOT EXCLAMATION MARK (!) WHICH SHOWS THAT DRIVERS ARE BAD FOR THE MICRO SD READER. CAN ANYONE SHARE SD CARD SLOT DRIVERS PLEASE?
I think it might be because windows updated and drivers stopped working. I also see that Bosch accelerometer drivers were updated and now rotation on windows works band and improperly...

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-5-2018 14:19:36 | Show all posts
It is a known failure in SD readers in the dual boot tablets with Intel Z8300 or Z8350. It is not a hardware problem but Bios and could not be corrected.
There are some methods to recover the service but they are not 100% effective.
The partitions that you had of 22 Gb in Fat32 for Android and the rest for Windows in NTFS are correct and it is recommended to prevent the error.
To recover it you have to try the following:
Leave the tablet without an SD card for a few days, using it normally and using the program from Windows to Android.
After a few days try to boot the tablet without the SD but with a pen drive put in a USB port of the keyboard, almost sure it will recover and you can see the SD if you insert it into the reader.
When you recover it, I advise you not to use the programs from Windows to Android or the Android to Windows link and to turn off and restart to change the system.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 1-6-2018 02:10:32 | Show all posts
The usb port works just fine, the problem is with SD Slot... Strange thing is that it acts ok with small capacity microsd cards.... Very weird... And I guess Chuwi does not care about this problem to make some solution for this? Maybe upgrading bios would be a solution? It's just to leave a customers in a problem which cause is made by the Chuwi, sounds very poor about the company itself..

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-6-2018 16:44:15 | Show all posts
salto replied at 1-6-2018 11:10
The usb port works just fine, the problem is with SD Slot... Strange thing is that it acts ok with s ...
I have understood perfectly, the instructions I have given you serve to recover the SD, you just have to follow them to the letter.

An update of Bios has not served to solve the problem.
It is foreign to Chuwi and is motivated by the Bios of American Megadrents in dual Boot equipment with Z8350 and Z8300 processor.
If you want to have your SD running again you just have to do this.
It is not an official solution because it does not exist and it comes from the experience of the Chuwi user group of Telegram in Spanish.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 1-7-2018 02:38:57 | Show all posts
Ok, then just to clarify the actions plan to make it work again:

1. I leave the tablet without an SD card for a few days, using it normally and using the program from Windows to Android (so I leave it turned on in Windows or Android environment and I do not use "Switch to Android / Switch to Windwos", correct?).
2. After a few days try to boot the tablet without the SD but with a pen drive put in a USB port of the keyboard, almost sure it will recover and you can see the SD if you insert it into the reader. -Ok, so here is something I am not sure I understood... so after a few days I reboot the tablet (which is without MicroSD card for a few days), I put that microsd card into microsd-usb card reader (like this: https://goo.gl/q5nPJJ) and plug it into the chuwi keyboard usb port, right? I know it will detect it, cause it also detects it now if I would do this, cause from USB port everything works just fine.
3. When you recover it, I advise you not to use the programs from Windows to Android or the Android to Windows link and to turn off and restart to change the system. So now I try to put MicroSD card into the MicroSD Card Slot on the tablet to check if all is ok, right? If all ok, I will never use "Switch OS Function". But if it does not work...?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-7-2018 12:16:01 | Show all posts
salto replied at 1-7-2018 11:38
Ok, then just to clarify the actions plan to make it work again:

1. I leave the tablet without an S ...

2. All correct except inserting the card into a USB adapter. Put a Pendrive, whatever size it is and without anything special inside, images, video, music, it's the same. After booting in Windows with that pendrive put, insert the SD in its slot and recognize it.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

salto| Post time 1-9-2018 01:29:25 | Show all posts
Ok, I will try and let You know. This doesn't seem promising, but who knows, maybe it will work out..!

Use magic Report

DaSlave| Post time 2-16-2018 10:43:29 | Show all posts
I love the fact that people refer to this as a known problem on tablets blah blah blah, as if it isn't a unique issue with Chuwi devices. The reality is that there are the odd one or two systems that may have an issue with their microsd reader, but with Chuwi, it is borderline the 'norm'..
The twist for me is that I had a HiPro 10, it stopped working, eventually I was able to get Gearbest to replace it, after it supposedly got lost! but the irony is that the original one, had a 64gb microsd in it that worked fine, in fact it was my preferred install and store location Then when I finally (three-four months later) get a replacement, the microsd doesn't work?? Err? same device model etc. but this one has a bad microsd reader. So, I investigate the issue and find that it is an epidemic with Chuwi devices.. So, I try almost (I don't want to use unapproved bios etc.) everything to get this microsd working. To no avail.
The whole gearbest experience with the supposed 'lost unit' left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but now, I am prepared to accept that Chuwi really are less expensive than their better known cousins for a reason.
I suggest that everyone cut the banter and accept that this is a problem with Chuwi, if they aren't prepared to provide a solution then we should make a note that buying cheap is, surprise surprise; going to be problematic.. I really like the product, the first one was brilliant, and then it stopped working,  I anticipate that the new one will follow suit, my IBM tablet that is now seven years old, still works but then it was five times the price. When I do the math, the life expectancy of a cheap product is inversely proportional to the cost saving..
In conclusion: I liked the Chuwi HiPro 10, it is good value for money, but never ever forget that you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Can someone nudge Chuwi and tell them to specify who's microsd reader hardware it is, so we can at least try some driver searches in that name??

Use magic Report

SJester| Post time 2-17-2018 06:38:26 | Show all posts
As the owner of a Hi-book Pro that has had issues with the SD reader from day 1, finally ending up with it not working at all for the last several months has not worked at all this thread is very informative. I came this close to buying another ChuWi tablet but the lack of SD card support is a show stopper.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 2-17-2018 06:58:09 | Show all posts
SJester replied at 2-17-2018 15:38
As the owner of a Hi-book Pro that has had issues with the SD reader from day 1, finally ending up w ...

It is a problem of all dual boot tablets, no matter the brand of the product, the error also comes from other manufacturers.

You can trust again in Chuwi, the tablets are only Windows as an operating system. They do not have this problem, the new Hi9 with only Android is not supposed to have to leave this problem either.

Anyway taking precautions you can try to prevent the error of the micro sd in the dual boot tablet:
Micro SD 32Gb
If it can be recognized as Sandisk brand
Turn off the computer completely to make the switch between operating systems, this means not using the SwitchNOW application

It also has the forum to resolve your doubts.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list