ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro Not enough space on the internal storage to make upd ...

Follow Us

Not enough space on the internal storage to make updates

[Copy link]

Razorblade|Post time:1-9-2018 05:14:34 View:1668|Reply:38

Hello, I orderd a Chuwi HI8 Pro. But yet I've got a problem with the internal storage space. Now I get the notification that I've not enough internal space storage (Windows and Android) to update the Windows and Android system. The strange thing is that I haven't installed many apps or programms on Windows or Android! Example, for Windows I need 8GB storage to update the system. That kind of space isn't there!.... How can I update???? And also for Android.... The internal space storage for Android is about 6 GB. That space is almost used by the Android system and the standard apps provided by Chuwi. I can't even store the installed apps on a external SD card!!! Another problem is the battery. I can use the Chuwi with a full battery for about 2 ours. Then I've to charge the battery again. Is this normal? I find it very short.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-11-2018 10:25:55 | Show all posts
didsbury replied at 1-11-2018 14:12
I have followed your instructions to back up the drivers etc. Now can I have the instructions to i ...

Hello didsbury,
I sent my E-mail address to you in PM.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-8-2018 06:20:45 | Show all posts
Razorblade replied at 1-8-2018 12:32
Hello Motobot,

I knew what kind of tablet I ordered, but I didn't  know that there was not enough ...

Hello Razorblade,
So, here are my answers to your questions.
1. I recommend you to make your own install file and do a fresh install instead of upgrading. I hope that you are quite an advanced user to do it yourself. If not, I will do it for you and other users of the Chuwi HI8 Pro tablet. Just answer this message.
2. Android, since version 4.3 does not support installing apps on an SD card. Therefore, you can't do this without ROOT and special mods.
3. I'm afraid that no one will answer this question without having access to your tablet directly.

I think that many people will agree that it's ridiculous to have a Dual Boot tablet with 32GB ROM. Therefore, it is better to have one OS on a tablet with such a small ROM amount.
I do recommend to choose one of the two and turn the tablet into a Single Boot.

Use magic Report

Razorblade| Post time 1-5-2018 13:24:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Why does Chuwi provide such a tablet if there is not enough space to install updates? I think that is strange. I am curious what Chuwi has to say about this. I can not use this tablet the way I want to.

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 1-5-2018 12:45:32 | Show all posts
If you want to update windows, you have to get rid of android (see here). This tablet just does not have enough internal storage to fetch the update on the go.
Never perform a bios update on a working device!
NWRK.BIZ
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-5-2018 14:20:42 | Show all posts
Razorblade replied at 1-6-2018 00:24
Why does Chuwi provide such a tablet if there is not enough space to install updates? I think that i ...

Hello Razorblade,
On the other hand, you knew exactly what you were buying.
Just connect the USB drive for the time of upgrade. This can help.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 1-5-2018 14:29:27 | Show all posts
You must perform a freeing of disk space C.
In this computer press right mouse button, properties, free space. It will scan to find files that can be deleted. Then click on the "release system files" button and make a new scan in which it will include the files of previous installations of Windows. You can eliminate everything without losing anything.
Once this process is finished you should download a Windows 10 update disc from the microsoft page, put it on the tablet, run Windows and from there give the pen setup. In the menu, update Windows.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Razorblade| Post time 1-8-2018 01:32:54 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 1-5-2018 14:20
Hello Razorblade,
On the other hand, you knew exactly what you were buying.
Just connect the USB d ...

Hello Motobot,

I knew what kind of tablet I ordered, but I didn't  know that there was not enough space to store normal updates (Windows and Android). I can only install a little few Android apps and then there is the notice that there isn't enough space anymore. I can't even install the apps on the SD card. This is not allowed.
If I knew this I before I didn't order this tablet.
So, the questions I have are:
1. What can I do to install the normal Windows updates?
2. What can I do to install the Android apps on the SD card so I have more space to install apps.
3. Why is the battery time so short by using Android? Windows is normal.

I hope there are solutions for this problems.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 1-8-2018 06:51:55 | Show all posts
Strongly agree, the dualboot tablet with 32Gb does not make any sense in the market for any user. Whether you want it or not, over the months, storage problems always arise with Windows updates.

Use magic Report

Razorblade| Post time 1-9-2018 01:14:52 | Show all posts
Edited by Razorblade at 1-9-2018 03:22
Motobot replied at 1-8-2018 06:20
Hello Razorblade,
So, here are my answers to your questions.
1. I recommend you to make your own i ...

Hello Motobot,

Thank you for your reply.
I think I'm going to make it a single boot tablet with only Windows.
Is it possible to tell or show me how to do it. I'm not a very advanced user, but with a little help I will managed it.
It's a tablet with number HI8 PQ32G22170903144, 64 Bit.
Thank you for this in advance.
IMG_20171229_201502.jpg IMG_20171229_201435.jpg

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-9-2018 05:14:34 | Show all posts
OK, Razorblade,
Please follow the instructions below.
First of all, we need to get the necessary files and drivers from your current Windows.
1. Just read How to Show Hidden Files and make Windows 10 show hidden files in File Explorer.
2. Find and copy the following folders Recovery and Panther to an external media:
C:\Recovery
C:\Windows\Panther
3. Get currently installed drivers in Windows 10.
You have to create a folder in the root directory of drive C and name it as Drivers.
Then Run PowerShell with Administrator rights (as Admin) and perform the following command
  1. Export-WindowsDriver –Online -Destination C:\Drivers
Copy the Code

Just wait patiently until this operation is completed. Then move the Drivers folder to the external media.
4. Move all the above-listed folders (Recovery, Panther, Drivers) to external PC. Zip all these files into a ZIP file. Just read How to ZIP. Send this ZIP file to me.
I sent my E-mail in PM.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask either here or in PM. Unfortunately, there are no Notifications about new PMs. So we need to check it manually.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list