ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Does Chuwi have a 12V/2A power bank suitable for the ...

Follow Us

Does Chuwi have a 12V/2A power bank suitable for the Surbook?

[Copy link]

Cross|Post time:2-27-2018 00:41:50 View:544|Reply:9

Edited by Cross at 1-8-2018 20:11

Chuwi Surbook adapter is rated at 12V/2A. However, I have not found a power bank that corresponds to this rating. Can I use any of your power banks to charge the Surbook while I'm on the go?

Also, where can I buy an extra adapter for the Surbook?

NB Chuwi customer service is really disappointing. They were responding to all my e-mails right until I bought the Surbook from their Shenzhen office. Ever since I have gotten no more responses from them.

Use magic Report

Yazawa_Nico| Post time 2-24-2018 20:08:48 | Show all posts
I have a Surbook Mini but it also uses 12V/2A.
My adapter was defective so I had to buy a 3rd party one and so far everything seems to work perfectly.
Disclaimer: this is my experience only so please use as reference

Adapter: Aukey PA-Y10
Supports USB-C PD including 12V/3A. I haven't actually measured the current draw but it has more than enough headroom for the Surbook Mini.

USB-C to USB-C Cable: RAVPower US RP-CB009-01 (B)This cable with rubber head was easy to trim with a cutter to fit the Surbook Mini usb-c port. The design of the Mini means you need a longer exposed head on your usb-c cable otherwise it won't securely fit into the port. If anyone knows a better cable that doesn't need mod please let me know!
Left: original adapter, Middle: cable after cutting, Right: cable without cutting
1214534.jpg

Hope this helps someone.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

duo1983| Post time 2-25-2018 09:50:58 | Show all posts
Edited by duo1983 at 2-25-2018 09:52

I'm using Surbook Mini and trying to find alternative charger too and hopefully one that goes well for phone charging too.

Use magic Report

duo1983| Post time 2-25-2018 09:53:12 | Show all posts
Yazawa_Nico replied at 2-24-2018 20:08
I have a Surbook Mini but it also uses 12V/2A.
My adapter was defective so I had to buy a 3rd party  ...

I tried using Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro Charger which supplies 12V/2.1A but apparently it doesn't charge regardless the Surbook Mini being turn on or off during charging.
Was considering Aukey PA-Y10, but didn't want to end up useless.
So far how was it faring, is it able to charge up Surbook Mini?

Use magic Report

Mcguiver| Post time 2-25-2018 12:33:40 | Show all posts
I use this charger in my surbook mini and it works very well.....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use magic Report

Yazawa_Nico| Post time 2-25-2018 21:36:16 | Show all posts
duo1983 replied at 2-25-2018 09:53
I tried using Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro Charger which supplies 12V/2.1A but apparently it doesn't cha ...

Yes, I've been using the PA-Y10 exclusively for about a month and so far works great, can charge the Surbook Mini and my smartphone at the same time too. The main thing is you have to check that your usb-c cable is fully inserted, because the sloped design of the case edge prevents most cables from entering fully into the port. That's why I had to mod my cables so that they would fit properly.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 2-25-2018 23:58:27 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 2-26-2018 11:35

If someone has this Powerbank available, https://www.gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_662137.html  you can test the battery on the Surbook to see if it works.
Now Porwerbank has a somewhat higher price, I think it can give good results. In the comments of the buyers can see that they use it to charge the battery of laptops.
https://es.gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_662137.html?wid=23  (guarantee in Spain)

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-26-2018 01:13:21 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 2-26-2018 08:58
If someone has this Powerbank available, https://www.gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_662137.html  you ca ...

I have doubts that that powerbank can load the SurBook. I have a Xiaomi powerbank of 20,000 mAh with the same output specifications and, although it starts charging and the SurBook recognizes it, it switches off half a minute and it is as if it were not connected. I would not risk buying a device that I'm not sure is going to work, I'd like to shop in the physical store and try my own SurBook.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

duo1983| Post time 2-26-2018 08:07:01 | Show all posts
hmm...seems that probably the way to go is look for charger that were meant for charging MacBooks via USB-C to USB-C cables.
i suspect is that's case, Aukey PB-Y7 may be a potential battery bank that can charge up the surbook

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 2-27-2018 00:41:50 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 2-27-2018 09:50

The model of power bank that I pass the link, is known as the only power bank with which it is allowed to charge the battery of the new Xiaomi laptops. You can go for there are references.
But of course I understand that it has a very high price and to buy blind are to have real references of whether it will allow charging the battery of the Surbook is a risk, since the price of the Power Bank is high.
It would be to see if a local store can get a unit with an option to return the purchase if it is not satisfied. It is sold by Amazon and Aliexpress as well.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list