ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Bios update problem

Follow Us

Bios update problem

[Copy link]

braddf|Post time:1-12-2018 17:46:52 View:549|Reply:5

Edited by braddf at 1-11-2018 10:28

I have a chuwi H12dual boot which has android wi-fi connection problems, which make the android os largely unuseable.
Bios version isE4D6_HI-122LP.223 x64

I have tried to run “Latest Dualboot Hi12 BIOS(to solve wifidisconnet issue)”, by booting to a usb stick with the copied files, as you directed in your How to flash Bios using USB disk tutourial.

The startup.nsh seems to run, the cursor goes to the line following  "Press ESC in4 seconds to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue."
but then nothing happens.  If I press ESC at that point I get:
fs4:\> _  (see image)  I then can type exit and the computer will reboot.

I have tried a different usb stick, and have tried resetting the bios to default, but have not succeeded in having the update run successfully.
I do not believe the “Latest Dualboot Hi12 BIOS(to solve wifi disconnet issue)” is updating the bios, please advise.

Thank you

unable to run bios update

unable to run bios update

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 1-11-2018 13:31:29 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Why do you want to update the bios in the first place!?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

thaayb| Post time 1-11-2018 13:55:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I guess the bios installer does not boot, because your bios boot settings are set to 64 Bit, but the installer requieres 32 bit.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-11-2018 16:44:52 | Show all posts
The bios you are trying to flash is the same as the one you are running already
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

braddf| Post time 1-12-2018 10:28:23 | Show all posts
The problem I am trying to address is  an android wifi connection problem.  The bios I am trying to run is meant to address this problem (see previous post H12 - WiFi stability problems).  If you look at the contents of this bios update, it contains additional files that the regular bios update does not contain:
several afwin*.* files, amifldrv64.sys and amifldrv32.sys
and it does not contain the E4D6_HI-122LP.223 file, which the regular bios update file contains.
My guess is that this update is meant to address the problem I am having with the android wifi connection problem, by making some change to the bios configuration, but does not change the bios itself.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 1-12-2018 17:46:52 | Show all posts
braddf replied at 1-12-2018 19:28
The problem I am trying to address is  an android wifi connection problem.  The bios I am trying to  ...

The afuwin files is Windows based biosflasher, amifldrv64.sys and amifldrv32.sys is also for the Windows flasher, E4D6_HI-122LP.223 is the same as bios.bin

As i said earlier, its the same as the one your device already have, i have one myself and have had it for 1½-2 years
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list