ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 display brightness control under windows 10

Follow Us

display brightness control under windows 10

[Copy link]

eglatz|Post time:2-6-2018 01:09:36 View:263|Reply:2

Hi all.
Under windows 10 the display brightness control does not work. If I change the display brightness, the respective lever follows my interactions, but there is no effect on the actual display brightness. Updating the drivers for "Display adapter: intel(R) HD Graphics" and for "Monitors: Generic PnP Monitor" did not help. Is a special monitor driver requireed? If yes, which one?
Thanks for any hints.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 1-23-2018 05:55:30 | Show all posts
I recently passed that problem to me on a computer with which the Windows brightness regulation did not work and the nightlight mode did not work either. With a clean installation of Windows, solve it in my case.

I recommend not to have to reach this limit of installing again from 0 the operating system, that you try to eliminate the screen driver from the administrator devices and restart the computer so that Windows tries to install the best driver for the computer.
Also check the Windows Update in case you have any pending updates of drivers to be installed.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

eglatzz| Post time 2-6-2018 01:09:36 | Show all posts
Edited by eglatzz at 2-6-2018 01:10

Well, if only the monitor changed, but the graphic does not change, it is the monitor problem, not the graphic card problem. you can try to update generic pnp monitor driver. If this cannot help, try to uninstall it then go to the monitor official site to download the driver and install it step by step.
You can also try to install an compatible hardware driver to see if this problem solved or not. Right-click generic pnp monitor > update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Check Show Compatible hardware to install it.

Updating the graphic driver can solve the display brightness not working problem. So you need to make sure uninstall your graphic card driver completely and reinstall it manually.

Do not uninstall it in device manager, try to use DDU to help you. And then go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ to download the driver.

And this article can help you learn more about this topic: https://windows10skill.com/fixed ... ness-on-windows-10/

wish it can helps.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list