ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Is there a touch screen update for Surbook Mini?

Follow Us

Is there a touch screen update for Surbook Mini?

[Copy link]

Ricey155|Post time:4-6-2018 01:06:42 View:698|Reply:4

Just wondered if there was an update for the touch screen at all? I see the main Surbook had one. the mini is OK not great. I would say workable but a tad frustrating at times when in a rush to get stuff done only to find you missed a letter here and there.

cheers in advance any links would be great.

Use magic Report

thechouby| Post time 3-7-2018 10:39:21 | Show all posts
+1 I agree

Use magic Report

storm| Post time 3-18-2018 13:38:15 | Show all posts
I don't use my Surbook Mini because of this issue. It's making me SO angry.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

thunder43| Post time 3-20-2018 06:58:54 | Show all posts
You don't need a driver update. Just install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and the touch screen will work much better. Additionally you can make these settings in the registry (source: XDA). These are actually intended for Microsoft Surface, but also help with Surbook Mini. Everything will then work as it should.

Found a key for touch prediction that when edited showed a marked improvement in keyboard responsiveness and small item manipulation ie classic desktop, file explorer, etc.
The key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPredict ion

Edit key for latency from 8 to 2.
Edit sample time from 8 to 2
Restart

If you have problems with the installation of 1709 fall creators update, you have to enlarge the 100 MB EFI partition (was necessary for my Surbook Mini and also for a 12" Lapbook Pro). For this you need the software "Easeus Partition Master free". Take the following steps:

1. reduce Windows c:\ partition by 400 MB and move the partition backwards, so that there is 400 MB free space in front of it.
2. let this action be executed --> restart
3. clone the 16 MB partition and copy it to the Windows C partition
4. delete old 16 MB partition
5. Enlarge 100 MB partition
6. restart and install 1709 update

This helps with all China Tablets, Mini PCs and Notebooks.

PS: Sorry for my english. This is translated with DeepL.

Use magic Report

Ricey155| Post time 4-6-2018 01:06:42 | Show all posts
Good info Thunder 43 wondered why updates would not install, i ended up disabling them all together as always reverted back to old version !!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules