ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Wakeup Issues

Follow Us

Wakeup Issues

[Copy link]

PotatoKnight|Post time:2-24-2018 19:38:32 View:328|Reply:5

Edited by PotatoKnight at 2-19-2018 06:05

Hello there,

got my new Surbook 2 days ago. After setting up windows and restarting my tablet it now takes a while to wake up windows from sleep mode and the power button is not working properly. I have to press the button several times to see the login screen, sometimes its not working at all and i have to use my keyboard to wake it up. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks alot!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-19-2018 14:34:18 | Show all posts
Hi, I've been with the SurBook since October and I'm going to explain how I think you should proceed to lift the tablet according to my experience with it:
You must distinguish between suspension and hibernation.
The tablet goes into suspension when you press the power button for a moment or if you leave it with the keyboard unfolded and unused for 2 minutes. (with battery). To wake up, you just have to press the enter key on the keyboard a couple of times. If the keyboard is not there, press the power button for one second.
When you are hibernating (if you have spent more than half an hour in suspension) you must press the power button for a couple of seconds whether you have the keyboard or not.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

PotatoKnight| Post time 2-20-2018 02:32:02 | Show all posts
The problem is that waking up from suspension by button clicking isn't working properly. Sometimes its done by clicking once, sometimes i have to click several times, sometimes none of them works.
Even if i press the power button and im gone for a minute this problem happens. I checked the power settings and its all fine.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-20-2018 03:22:50 | Show all posts
PotatoKnight replied at 2-20-2018 11:32
The problem is that waking up from suspension by button clicking isn't working properly. Sometimes i ...

Try restoring windows, keeping files, in the advanced options
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Ricey155| Post time 2-23-2018 02:17:24 | Show all posts
It's very hit and miss and like most issues very frustrating, your not alone well you are sadly with a possible FIX.

I love the device and it could be superb but it's glitchy as hell

Use magic Report

Yazawa_Nico| Post time 2-24-2018 19:38:32 | Show all posts
Edited by Yazawa_Nico at 2-24-2018 19:39

My experience with the Surbook Mini:

If the device is in standby, a single tap of the power button should wake it up.
If the device is in hibernate, hold down the button for about 4 seconds until you see the power LED light up, and then immediately let go (too long and it will standby again, too short and nothing will happen).

Not sure if this applies to the Surbook as well, but hope it helps.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list