ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi SurBook Surbook Issues

Follow Us

Surbook Issues

[Copy link]

moonknight|Post time:11-16-2018 16:29:52 View:159|Reply:6

I need some help and I'm not sure where to start.
I'm not a tech person by any means.
I had purchased a Surbook used. I believe it was a first run, as it was bought from a tech reviewer.
Great tablet, love it to death.

However, yesterday I can't get it to boot or display.
I can't tell if it is actually not booting or if it is the dispaly.
I was watching stuff on youtube with the headphones plugged in. Unplugged headphones, clicked screen lock, plugged it up because of low power and went to bed.
Unplugged it and got ready to use, and... nothing.
When I hold the power button it flashes red once like it's rebooting, then nothing.
Green light on the keyboard cover comes on for a couple seconds then nothing.

I have no idea where to go from here to try to identiy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use magic Report

moonknight| Post time 11-13-2018 09:40:37 | Show all posts
Also I tried to use my micro-HDMI converter to connect it to a TV, and just had a No Signal message; the power light would flash red once, and the green light was on for a few seconds on the keyboard cover, but noting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-13-2018 14:54:26 | Show all posts
Try turning on by pressing the power button for a little longer, about 4/5 seconds.

The C-type USB connector of the tablet is quite deep so you have to make sure it makes a good contact. If it does not reach the bottom it will not connect and you will need to cut a millimeter from the plug.

Use magic Report

moonknight| Post time 11-13-2018 16:42:39 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 11-13-2018 14:54
Try turning on by pressing the power button for a little longer, about 4/5 seconds.

The C-type USB  ...

I did that; I went essentially through the full reboot process, there is no light whatsoever from the screen itself at any point.

The HDMI cable has already been tweaked, and I can hear and feel it 'click' into place when I set it.

Use magic Report

moonknight| Post time 11-15-2018 20:35:01 | Show all posts
So we opened up the Surbook tonight and attempted to trce down the connectors to the screen but couldn't really track things down, couldn't tell what went to the screen, or if it was under the battery.
I have flashing orange light when the Surbook is plugged in and charging.
I have a solid orange light when it's plugged in and fully charged.
I can hold down the power button for a long press and it'll flash red as if it's booting.
Green light will come on on type cover.
No light whatsoever from screen.

Anyone got any ideas?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-16-2018 01:46:05 | Show all posts
moonknight replied at 11-16-2018 05:35
So we opened up the Surbook tonight and attempted to trce down the connectors to the screen but coul ...

Could it be that the tablet is on and, due to a driver update, the screen does not turn on?
You can check this by connecting the SurBook to an HDMI screen via the USB C connector, either with a HUB or simply with a USB C to HDMI cable.
Once you have connected, turn on the tablet and wait if there is a reaction on the screen. In case you see the start of Windows, you should change the Intel graphics controller to the previous one.

Use magic Report

moonknight| Post time 11-16-2018 16:29:52 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 11-16-2018 01:46
Could it be that the tablet is on and, due to a driver update, the screen does not turn on?
You can ...

That was literally my second post. I did, and the HDMI just gives no signal.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list