Cooling mods

fan noise is crazy loud! has anyone tried a cooling mod and can help?

I’m having the same issue and have asked the question on here, nothing from anyone so far.

I found this which may help?

https://www.hwinfo.com

I’ve yet to try it hopefully can do over the weekend.

Hello, for this problem, you can brush the BIOS. Later, I will update all the official installation packages about minibook.

“Brush the BIOS” as in update it? This would be great. I have seen that the AMT tools show there is an update to the BIOS but I do not dare update it, I do not want to brick the machine with the wrong BIOS?

Finally, I have measured the size of the fan. It is a 4 pole motor, with a PWM controller that is sure wave (sine wave is more silent) and probably a cheap bearing, and a 4 pin connection. Measures 40 mm (43 with the left eyelet) x 37 mm and is 5mm thick. I guess up to 7 mm a fan would still fit there. Can you suggest alternatives to this “Broadway Shenzen Corp” little helicopter?

2 Likes

Sorry, there is no other choice at the moment.We will improve this problem in the near future.

The only solution would be to change the fan. I suppose it should have the same size as the old one. It would be nice if you could send the new fan.

1 Like