Android 9 for CHUWI Hi 9Plus

when will android 9.0 Pie Update for Chuwi Hi 9 Plus?

is any other way to update?

1 Like

I think the answer is no. The plan was to update all x27 processor based tablets to 9.0, but that has apparently changed. Wait for official response from Chuwi

Chuwi is a company which sells cheap hardware, but neglect the update software for users. All their android products has only no Android updates except for security updates only. So once you buy one of their Android products, it will become outdated the first day you receive your package. The HI9 plus (pre-2019 model) still has the inverted Chromecast screen issue. This should have been fixed the first week. But 1 year later, no fixes yet.

1 Like

The initial market was that x27 should be updated in third quarter 2019, but nothing happens until now!

We are all anxious waiting for that update… and, of course, to have some problems fixed!

No answers from Chuwi team… can somebody inform us? even if bad news! only to see if the team is aware about our messages here!

Answered here:deleted

Thanks !! I also searching

does anyone direct android 9 PIE for
chuwi Hi9 Air
my is still android 8.0

your help appreciated

please advise which sytlus pen will work on my tablet

thanks

Regarding your first question, read this official statement: the second, yes the Hipen H3 stylus works very well on this device

Will never buy nor encourage anyone to buy their product. They have poor customer service.

Inside information from MediaTek(MTK): MTK’s already stopped providing further software support for Helio X2* series, which means there won’t be OFFICIAL GMS Android Pie upgrade for any tablet with X2* chipset(Including X2* tablets made by Teclast, Alldocube, CHUWI, etc). But we (CHUWI) are still trying to work with developers on XDA forum, and see if they can help us with developing a third-party Android Pie ROM(without GMS Certification) for our Helio X2* devices.We cannot guarantee that this will come to fruition, but we will try it with all our resources.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

1 Like

Hello, I am Brazilian and I am importing this tablet, keeping in mind good expectations about it. I understand the Media Tek issue, but you should at least do security updates, which have not been done for over a year. It is the minimum. How can we tell our friends the product well this way?

1 Like

If this is true you MUST provide us customers with proof of your comments. You see if you have NOT shown good faith with this development comment then you risk further bad publicity. It’s irrelevent that Mediatek left you with false promises.
What is the XDA forum link or XDA forum person you have interacted to build or port an Android PIE ROM? I wait for you to reply with a link for us to see on XDA forum or XDA username.

4 Likes

What size tf card for chuwi air hi 9 max size.
I want to use 256gb?
Oreo support big tf card