UBook 11.6" USB-C charging

Is charging this tablet over usb-c port supported? I read various statements on the Internet, but would like to get an authoritative answer.

Thank you,
–Alex

This is not supported.

1 Like

Hello,
I bought it also because of this option.
In the presentation webpage it is stated that it is supported…
see:

Versatile Interface,

All In One

UBook has versatile USB Type-C interface.
It sets transmission data, charging in
one. It can also connect Hub to more
extensions.It almost meet the all peripheral
connection in the market.

https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook.html

As the item has still to be delivered. It is not possible then to charge it via USB-C?

How can I proceed?

i charge with usb C , and no problems

@SunLine, do you have the Ubook 11.6 (not the pro one)?
Aka this one -> https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook.html
Can you share wich kind of adapter are you using (Volts / Ampere)?

Thanks

45W , yes 11’6 . You can buy it for 10 dollars in Aliexpress

1 Like

The link doesn’t work ? Do you have another link p,ease?

Hello guys!
and do you know if I could charge it with a mobil phone regular usb-C charger?
I wouldn’t like carry two kind of chargers everyday to my job.
Thanks a lot.

Hi David,
Thant was the point of my first question. I have not tried it because it seems to be require a 45W one, as @SunLine wrote. Therefore, not much sense to use that instead of the normal charger.

In case you find anything, let us know please

In my opinion - no, you can’t use regular charger. The point is in the standards.
Phone chargers support a lot of fast charging technologies like Qualcomm FastCharging, Adaptive Fast Charging etc. but this is not the same as USB Power Delivery. USB PD is one of the many variants of fast charging that typical phone chargers do not support.
The only phone, or should I say, mobile chargers that support USB PD are Apple chargers. (some)
The fact that your phone charger has an USB-C connector may tell you that it can charge the UBook. In fact, there are users on this forum that tried to charge UBook with the phone charger and the tablet just broke after some time of charging.

First, you need the charger that supports USB PD(it has a USB-C connector built in the unit (not standard USB + a cable that ends with USB-C)). Second, the charger should be at least that powerful as the standard UBook charger (12V 2A) so 24W but CHUWI recommends 45W of power.(see attached photo of what CHUWI USB PD charger looks like). Third, you need to make sure that Ubook supports charging over USB-C because I think I saw some reviews telling that only “pro” version supports that.

Hope @Management could speak up and clarify the charging standards in this device.

Best :slight_smile:dgerzlvpkszrpo5ffeer

12V2A DC PORT 3.5MM :slightly_smiling_face:

@Management, can you also clarify the standards of usb-c charging of UBook Pro?
The charger must support USB Power Delivery, but what about its voltage/current?

Best

The type-c port of the ubook Pro 4100 cannot be charged

@Management, can you update the website of CHUWI Ubook Pro?
https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook-Pro-N4100.html

It says that PD 2.0 is supported, is it an error, right?

No, although the N4100 does not support type-c charging, the 6y30 does.