Unlock bootloader for Hipad Pro

Hi @super, thanks for response.

Were you able to solve “Sahara fail” issue? I tried several laptops with different cables and nothing on my side.

Nope. Always got Sahara server failed. I am new to QFIL so I have no experiences to work around this at all.
Maybe you can try different versions of QFIL. I read from some Android forums that some versions of Flash tool may work or may not work on different version of Windows.

Hi all, finally I was able to install new firmware on Hipad Pro. But it did not help and screen is still flickering. I’ve contacted service and they advised to send device to them to Hong Kong. Well, I did it. Currently, service does not want to receive my package and they keep silence. I do not know what I can do, lost money, lost workable device, lost time. Could anyone help me with the issue how I can solve this? Thank you in advance.

I had same problem when I bought SSD from Aliexpress. It was broken (I mean not physically broken) then I opened dispute. Aliexpress representative judged that I returned the SSD to the seller. And the seller has to pay for shipping fee. I contacted the seller to request the shipping fee by Paypal. The seller got silent. The time limit for me to return the product almost up. Then I returned the SSD by paying US$30 with FEDEX services. The returned parcel got inspected by CN Customs. Fedex could not contact the seller as the receiver. After around 1 week, the parcel got rejected and had to be returned to me. But I had to pay US$35 for returning fee. I refused to pay another US$35 for getting the damaged SSD back. Then the parcel has been trashed out already.

If you have the service staff’s phone number, you can add wechat and remind them about the parcel to be received. Or call them if you can. If they don’t receive the parcel, it will be returned to you. But you need to pay for returning fee.

Hello all Hipad Pro users (Qualcomm),
I have backup the partitions of my unlocked Hipad Pro. You can try flash them in order to unlock yours hopefully. Read this link for more details.
Any questions are welcome.

I asked the Chinese to help unlock the bootloader on Proshka. They sent these files. Who understands, tell me, does this really help to unlock?

Hipad Pro

@Andrej38 Thanks for sharing. But unfortunately this seems to be just Stock ROM that will have your Hipad Pro still locked. This file has been shared since last year, 2021. I thought this would help unlocked bootloader as well. But nope. You can try flashing this ROM by following the tutorial inside to see if this could unlock your bootloader.

I did everything according to the instructions, tell me how to check the bootloader now?

@Andrej38 Enter fastboot mode and check your unlock status by entering this command
fastboot oem device-info
or follow this link for more details.

By the way, I have backed up my partitions using QFIL. You can try flashing them using QFIL one by one and see if this helps to unlock bootloader. Follow this link here. The only 2 partitions that I have not backed up are data and super partitions. Data partition is not necessarily. But super partition contains other partitions like system, vendor, product partitions and so on. Super partition is too big to back up. This one is over 4GB size. If you flashed all the files in the link and get bootloop or bricked, that probably means 2 things: 1.You need to flash vendor partition by flashing super partition to be able to boot up 2.Unlocking by flashing backed up files like this is not able to unlock your device bootloader. And mainly my device is running on partition a. So flashing partition b may not be necessary.

Any questions are welcome. If you can unlock bootloader by flashing my back up files, please share the result. Hope one of the above methods helps you unlock bootloader.

P.S. I ordered Yoga Pad Pro to replace my Hipad Pro. It’s half way to reach me. And I will give Hipad Pro to my dad. So I may not be able to support about Hipad Pro anymore after that. But I will flash Android 12 GSI ROM and share the result before giving this device to my dad.

Updated according to the instructions, now on the main screen for the place of the date the search bar. how to remove it?

@Andrej38 What are you trying to do? Can you take photo or screenshot to show me?

how to remove the search bar? Previously, there was a day and a date here.
I flashed the firmware according to the instructions from this post.
https://forum.chuwi.com/t/unlock-bootloader-for-hipad-pro/27329/21?u=andrej38

@Andrej38 I don’t think you can remove that search bar. That’s one of the reason that I flashed GSI ROM to customize Home screen. But you can try press and hold on the search bar. If you can remove it you will see bin icon to drag and drop the search bar on it.

BTW, have you tried to unlock bootloader after flashing the Stock ROM?

Yes, I tried today. The bootloader is locked.

@Andrej38 There are a number of unlock commands. I don’t know which one is implemented for your current ROM. You can try some other commands listed in the very beginning of this thread.

I give up on this tablet!!! Chuwi sells a tablet knowing the problems and does not support…200USD for nothing…

@FOM Is your Hipad Pro Qualcomm version? Or MTK version?

Qualcomm version with bootloader lock

@FOM I understand how you feel about Chuwi supports. I would feel the same way if my device is locked and could not find a way to unlock it. I used to have Huawei devices in 2019. They have canceled the official method to unlock bootloader. I was very mad at that too and sold them. And I won’t buy Huawei devices if they don’t give their customers back the method to unlock bootloader.

But honestly, for low priced devices with good quality hardware, the official supports will be only Stock ROM of the same version of Android. I had Teclast and Alldocube devices. They both have supports in the same way. But Qualcomm devices require more support for specific method to unlock bootloader. If you had MTK version of Hipad Pro, you could unlock bootloader very easy. I had MTK devices and could unlock all of them with just the fastboot command line. Believe it or not high priced devices like Lenevo still have sucked supports. All their customer services tell you when you have problems is to factory reset. Most problems will be neutralized like nothing wrong with their products. But, in fact, there are many problems hidden inside. The only good about Lenovo is they give customers Android version upgrades for 1-2 version. I had Yoga Pad Pro 13", with almost US$700 price, and returned them already. That device is very high price but very bad with many malfunctions compared with Hipad Pro. I still love Hipad Pro better than that one.

I mostly use them with unlocked bootloader and flashed GSI ROM to update the system. Rarely flashed Stock ROM, unless there is bootloops. So I focus on the hardware more than the software support like system or firmware updates. That’s why I like Hipad Pro that have good quality hardware.

Maybe you try to sell your Hipad Pro and buy MTK devices. I am 99.99% sure that you can unlock bootloader with just the fastboot command line.

I’m agree with you but in my case, the problem is the screen dont stop blink after 10 min of use. So i cant do nothing…

1 Like