ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Hi8 Pro Windows + ...

Follow Us

[Hi8 Pro] [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Hi8 Pro Windows + Android + Bios + driver

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:5-26-2016 19:15:32 View:289775|Reply:825

Calrornds| Post time 5-25-2016 11:24:08 | Show all posts
emily replied at 5-24-2016 23:13
Hello,

The password is en.chuwi.com

Hi Emily:
Any idea about when we will be able to update the windows 10 version to dual boot bios?, any expert procedure is available?.
Thx
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

szkrep| Post time 5-25-2016 12:34:08 | Show all posts
Hi all,

Is it possible to install the latest sleep-proble-solver Android via the Settings/About tablet/Wireless update/local updates menu without PC connection?
For me the Intel updater which was mentioned here cannot restart the tablet, it doesn't work for me...

Use magic Report

szkrep| Post time 5-25-2016 13:36:26 | Show all posts
OK, after ~3 hours of struggle it worked.
Here is what should have been written by the manufacturer in English in a .txt right next to the update files:

Assumptions:
You downloaded and installed Intel Platform Flash Tool 5.5.2.0 and all USB drivers are installed (google this, downloadable from Intel site)
You downloaded and extracted the latest Android version on your PC into a folder (Main page of this forum)

Update:
0) The tablet is NOT connected to PC
1) Boot to Android, and turn on OEM unlocking in developer settings
2) Turn off the tablet (not hard reset, normal switch off from menu)
3) Turn on the tablet, choose Android with Volume+, then immediately hold down Volume-. Not just push, hold until it boots. This way it will enter fastboot mode.
4) With volume buttons choose "restart bootloader", then push on/off button to restart the tablet
5) Wait for it to restart
6) On PC the Intel flastool is running, you already chose one of the json files from the extracted Android files. Flash, or no erase; I did the "flash" version.
7) Plug in the tablet to the PC, Intel tool will recognize it. Hit start to flash, and let the magic happen.

I used this page also:
https://translate.google.hu/tran ... t-text=&act=url

Use magic Report

techie992002| Post time 5-25-2016 17:12:10 | Show all posts
Edited by techie992002 at 5-26-2016 20:15

I have flashed the Android os with the download from Emily's link highlighted for fixing SOD issue, so far the result looks positive. Need more time to do a burn test to see it's back to where it should be - get sod problem fixed. Stay tuned...

I could confirm that the SOD issue with my device has been fixed after playing it around for the past 24 hours...Though the journey to get it done was tough and rough!

Use magic Report

rekoz| Post time 5-26-2016 00:22:03 | Show all posts
Edited by rekoz at 5-26-2016 00:24

Thanks to your help, I have succeed in writing Windows 10 firmware on my Hi8 Pro(DualOS)

But I still have some problems remained.

1. I cannot use the firmware of the link,

Official Version Chuwi Hi8 Pro (for Dual OS) Bios download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6438ws ... al%20os%29.rar?dl=0

I have already had USB hub and USB stick which I put the all thing in 'dos' directory to root directory of USB stick.

EFI boot have successed, but there was the infinite loop in 'startup.nsh'.

I removed 'echo -off' at the script, so I found it.

If I used wrong way, would you teach me the right use?

2. Android firmware
Latest Hi8 Pro Android Firmware download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08sl23 ... problem%29.rar?dl=0

or

Official Version Chuwi Hi8 Pro (for Dual OS) Android OS download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90kth0 ... 20Dualboot.rar?dl=0

I don't know to write this image.
Maybe they used EFI boot loader, but I failed to write them, though unpack the 'rar' into root directory of USB stick because EFI boot was failed.

I wanna have the manual with right use.

Use magic Report

techie992002| Post time 5-26-2016 06:30:39 | Show all posts
Been trying a few times to download Hi8 Pro win 10 firmware for dual o/s version. But the object size is more than 4G and in one piece. My download took too long and couldn't finish
. Could it be possible to cut it into 4 or 5 parts for easy download so that everyone can get a copy ?

Use magic Report

Jaime_Branco| Post time 5-26-2016 11:41:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If I install the to correcta the deap sleep problem do I lose windows ....

Use magic Report

Jaime_Branco| Post time 5-26-2016 11:44:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If I install the Android version to correct the deap sleep problem do I lose windows ....

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 5-26-2016 17:47:01 | Show all posts
Edited by emily at 5-26-2016 19:41
Jaime_Branco replied at 5-26-2016 11:44
If I install the Android version to correct the deap sleep problem do I lose windows ....

You can refer to this
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... id=4042&fromuid=290

"To flash the firmware without loosing Windows and Android settings and apps I flashed the "flash-no-erase-all.json" file and selected "update" on Intel Phone Flash Tool configuration."

The more details:
https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1447-1-1.html

Use magic Report

firstchuwi| Post time 5-26-2016 19:15:32 | Show all posts
hi emily,

please set alternative way of dropbox download.

i have tried 5 times download from your link. it has stopped same point at 2.3gb of 4gb. without windows defender off the result is same.

is the rar same ms install tool for win10 or customized for hi8pro?
if yes i will use ms one, if not set other way, prefer google driver is best or keep in dropbox by split 2 parts.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list