ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Keyboard doesn't work

Follow Us

Keyboard doesn't work

[Copy link]

geuss|Post time:2-22-2018 08:18:33 View:2802|Reply:6

Hi,
i bought an original CHUWI Keyboard for my HIBook from GearBest .... i tried it, but initially, touchpad didn't works (so much lags, and almost always the pointer does not move....), and now, the tablet recognize and disconnet it continually... under Windows device manager i can see the hardware appear and disappear every 5 seconds.....

There's any known similar issueI would like to get another Keybord... but I am not sure that the problem is really the keyboard or the tablet (I hope the first!).

Thanks.
Giovanni

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-6-2016 02:11:09 | Show all posts
I have not seen this issue before. It sounds like poor connection of the "pogo" pins that connect the tablet to the keyboard. CHeck that nothing is obstructing the five pins on the keyboard and the base of the tablet and that the tablet is fully seated when you attach the keyboard.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Chris| Post time 6-6-2016 18:20:47 | Show all posts
Same problem here. The keyboard intermittently connects with the tablet. The keyboard indicator is blinking and the keyboard is popping up every few seconds in the Android input settings. Is it a keyboard or table issue?

Use magic Report

Chris| Post time 6-6-2016 20:39:04 | Show all posts
In Windows I noticed the USB keyboard (I assume this is the docking keyboard) gives a driver error. Could this be the problem? Is there a driver update available to try?

Use magic Report

AnakiMana| Post time 6-6-2016 23:37:37 | Show all posts
Chris replied at 6-6-2016 20:39
In Windows I noticed the USB keyboard (I assume this is the docking keyboard) gives a driver error.  ...

If the keyboard appears and disappears, like it's being repeatedly detected, or plugged/unplugged, then it can't be a driver problem.  That would be a connection problem of some sort.  Either internal in the tablet, internal in the keyboard, or something hindering a good connection on the pogo pins or pogo pin receptacle.

If it's not disappearing, but steadily failing to work with that driver error, it could be a driver problem. But I've checked mine, which works perfectly, and it uses a built-in Microsoft driver called "HID Keyboard Device", driver name is keyboard.inf.  Driver provider: Microsoft.  Driver date: 6/21/2006.  Driver version: 10.0.10586.0.

Use magic Report

Dakleon| Post time 8-19-2016 08:21:46 | Show all posts
me too! and someone too! i see in youtube same problem. for me is error 43 driver not regconized... Gearbest says pay for new one! wtf!  what solution you choose? sorry my english.

Use magic Report

uigolub| Post time 2-22-2018 08:18:33 | Show all posts
Edited by uigolub at 2-22-2018 08:26

The solution for connection problem I found for myself after losing hope for repairing the keyboard (Service agency said that no possibility to repair, simply order the new one). I was going to throw it out, but instead tried to disasamble it just to see maybe some visible problem inside. And it was it - 5-pins connector if dissasembled from inside had same 5 separate places of melting areas, which in my case had some white material (seems like tin or salt) in between of those areas, probably acting as "connetion wires". I have simply cleaned that out using screwdriver, also cleaned every other visible connection areas and tried to connect disassembled keyboard to tablet. And for my surprise IT START TO WORK WITHOUT CONSTANT DISCONECTION!))) Disassembling is simple, screws are hided under rubber - bottom rubber pilows and under 2 lower once which are down of pointer. Maybe worse trying as the last chance)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list