ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Lost wifi adapter - please help

Follow Us

Lost wifi adapter - please help

[Copy link]

maurijo|Post time:3-26-2018 09:52:34 View:1897|Reply:7

My Hibook 10.1 has been operating fine for several days now.  I was in Windows 10 and the tablet went to sleep.  When I woke it up, I had no wifi connection.  I looked in Device Manager and the Realtek Wireless driver was missing.  I selected "show hidden devices" and found the Realtek driver and it inidicated the the wireless adapter was not connected.  I tried re-installing the Realtek driver but this did not work.  

The wifi works under Android so I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Has anyone had this issue?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I read online to check that the WLAN is not disabled in BIOS.  I went into BIOS and the only item I could find related to the WLAN is under ADVANCED -> SYSTEM COMPONENT ->PCIe based WLAN module - BCM4356 [Disabled].

I would like to try enabling it, but I would appreciate if somenone could verify if that should be set to Enable or Disable.

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Jim_Lahey| Post time 6-23-2016 05:54:19 | Show all posts
The HiBook has become notorious for this issue.  I have returned three of them because of this.  There is no fixing this; the Chuwi "engineers" do not exist; they take whatever hardware they can find, design a case, and shove the off the shelf parts into it.  If they don't work, tough, they have your money.  Then they design another one to dump a few months later... this is what Chinese budget companies do.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

gonature| Post time 6-26-2016 22:12:39 | Show all posts
Hi,

I had the same error. it has helped me a earlier restore point in the windows :-(

At a correct solution, I would be also interested

Use magic Report

Baraldi| Post time 9-9-2016 07:59:08 | Show all posts
Same error, a couple of time.
Solved just booting android and then switching to windows.

Use magic Report

x2h| Post time 9-14-2016 18:46:43 | Show all posts
i had the same issue. the only fix seems to be booting into Android where you will see your wifi. then boot into windows again. this always works for me, although it's a pain in the butt.

Use magic Report

hmcheng542| Post time 3-26-2018 04:43:31 | Show all posts
Same thing happened to my newly acquired Chuwi Hi8 Air. And indeed, boot to Android first then to Win10 restores wifi.  Sorry for posting here sine there is no Hi8 Air forum yet, some one having the same issue may google and reach here. I might as well throw it out here: After upgrading to Win10 1709, "micrphone intel sst audio device (WDM)" disappeared from Device Manger. Speakers are OK but Cortana and Skype cannot be used. The only way to restore it is to reinstall driver from that for Hi12, however, each re-boot wipes out microphone again. My Hi12 has no such problems, though. Any one has encountered the same issues? Suggestions?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 3-26-2018 06:18:10 | Show all posts
The best prevention you can do is to make a backup copy of the Windows drivers when you receive the computer. That copy in the future can be used to restore the drivers in case of problems due to Windows updates.

Use magic Report

hmcheng542| Post time 3-26-2018 09:52:34 | Show all posts
I spoke too soon, the microphone in Hi12 is also wiped out by a Win10 update, KB4089848. Once it is uninstalled, the mic is back to normal. I suspect this also will happen to Hi10 soon enough.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list