ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial Try Linux Mint, Ubuntu, etc. the smart safe way

Follow Us

[Other] Try Linux Mint, Ubuntu, etc. the smart safe way

[Copy link]

DigitalMD|Post time:7-22-2016 04:37:46 View:3346|Reply:4

Edited by DigitalMD at 7-4-2016 08:56

If you would like to try some of the Linux (Unix) variants without destroying your tablet, please do it the smart and easy way by installing Linux into a bootable USB drive and not on your primary internal drive. Here's how.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/uni ... ller-easy-as-1-2-3/

Universal USB Installer aka UUI is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive. The Universal USB Installer is easy to use. Simply choose a Live Linux Distribution, the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, Click Install. Upon completion, you should have a ready to run bootable USB Flash Drive with your select operating system installed.

There's no guarantee that any of the Linux variants have all the drivers needed to work with your hardware.  Some things, like touch screen etc. may not work. If you try it this way, you haven't lost anything or messed up your device and you can blow  away Linux after you have some fun and get tired of it.

Use magic Report

cobraviola| Post time 7-8-2016 07:57:40 | Show all posts
great but do not understand how to start usb
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 7-8-2016 08:00:57 | Show all posts
press f7 when booting, then you can choose to boot from usb
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

TheLeo33| Post time 7-11-2016 09:43:56 | Show all posts
Hi, I bought the tablet Chuwi hi10. I tried to boot the tablet with Ubuntu on a usb but when I select the usb the screen becomes black and then start windows (sorry for my English)

Use magic Report

cleralb| Post time 7-22-2016 04:37:46 | Show all posts
Hmm i.ve some problem with linux pc installation , solved with a good usb flash drive (eg. sandisk ) &  try new boot usb flash drive (with this utility... https://rufus.akeo.ie/ )

reply boot and tell me

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list