ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot ...

Follow Us

[Vi8 Plus] [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot Android, Windows, Bios

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:1-3-2017 04:37:50 View:48207|Reply:128

protazy| Post time 12-15-2016 08:49:21 | Show all posts
For D4D6 bios we will need different image of win10x64. Emily said that they dont have a image.

Hi. Emily, or somebody else, who maybe knows something more about that... do you know when such image will be available or what is the reason, why still it isn't? I'd prefer to flash Win10x64 (if such action would be needed), rather than downgrade BIOS and change Windows to x86...

Have a nice day everyone
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-15-2016 11:32:28 | Show all posts
do you know when such image will be available or

I am waiting for 3 weeks for that image, only chuwi/Emily can answer when it will be available (hoping this year, chuwi)

Downgrading to d2d3 bios is not an solution as it will give you a lot of hardware problems.

Use magic Report

ijhu9999| Post time 12-15-2016 16:49:16 | Show all posts
Edited by ijhu9999 at 12-15-2016 16:51
tmcmasterpro replied at 12-15-2016 08:35
I tried and is not booting from image posted from Emily. Is for D2D3 bios witch use win10x86.
Chan ...

unbelievable, new vi8+ came with d4d6 bios for those who have them is  really at Chuwi's mercy when they decide to release the right code.
i flash the android code from their link, the WiFi BT not working.  if i plan to flash windows again, its not possible because their code in this link is 32bits and user with d4d6 can't use it. what is wrong with this chuwi vendor, trying to piss off their customers?  i am pissed.

Use magic Report

Cab| Post time 12-19-2016 20:51:15 | Show all posts
Dear Emily. I have the same wifi/bt problem after flashing the official android firmware. Please, could you update the firmwares for 1608 devices?
Thank you very much.

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-19-2016 23:20:00 | Show all posts
FOR EVERY USERS WITH NEW VI8+ (bios D4D6/win10x64) dont use android/windows links posted at the beginning of this thread because they are for older version of VI8+ (bios D2D3/win10x32).
We dont have support for D4D6 bios. Emily/CHUWI is doing nothing to help us!!!

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-28-2016 04:32:45 | Show all posts
So, finally I was able to install Windows 10 x64 on my VI+ D4D6 bios.

This is what I did.

1. format an usb drive in FAT32
2. copy content of "win image" on usb drive (basically image of win10x64 taken from microsoft)
3. use a usb hub connected to tablet in witch you have keyboard and usb drive
4. start tablet, press F7, in boot menu select usb drive -- if you get ACPI_BIOS_ERROR let it restart then resume F7, select usb drive ---
5. install windows home x64 (this is the image I use, I think you can use any win10 x64 image). You can swap the keyboard for a mouse.
    When in menu for select partition, delete partition "System" + the big one with windows + recovery + one with system reserve (16 mb)..I dont recall the name. Dont delete upper partition, they are for android. I left the big 1000 mb recovery intact (is the last one).
    You now have a big unpartition of 16.9 gb, dont create anything just click next to install.
6. after windows complete the installation go to device manager, install drivers for all unknown devices by select - update driver - browse my computer for driver - point where you save "drivers" folder (use "drivers_C806_X64" first, then search for others drivers)

My windows is activated, the only this is missing is the win/android  switch, I dont have one, I will search maybe find one. For now, I shut down windows, restart tablet and select Android from there. The switch in Android works ok.

link for download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B808JSDaqwWvaFhEX1ptQ1lRSG8

Enjoy!

Use magic Report

ijhu9999| Post time 12-29-2016 09:01:33 | Show all posts
hi,  please clarity.  copy Chui provided win10 to USB, then over write win image from windows 10 source?

the switch application is under c:\recovery\oem\  see attached. you can give it a try
switchnow.PNG

OEM.rar

139.42 KB, Downloads: 16

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-29-2016 12:58:31 | Show all posts
Edited by tmcmasterpro at 12-29-2016 13:18
please clarity.  copy Chui provided win10 to USB, then over write win image from windows 10 source?

Hi,  ijhu9999

No need for chuwi image, just format an usb drive in FAT32 then copy the content of my link.

the switch application is under c:\recovery\oem\  see attached. you can give it a try

Works very well, thank you, I add it to my google drive link.

Use magic Report

AaJay| Post time 1-2-2017 06:22:25 | Show all posts
tmcmasterpro replied at 12-28-2016 04:32
So, finally I was able to install Windows 10 x64 on my VI+ D4D6 bios.

This is what I did.

Hi there!

I'll now try your solution (still downloading your files), but before, I just want to ask.

You said, that android is working fine. So, no WiFi and BT problems? If so: which ROM did you use?

Thanks for your reply.

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 1-3-2017 04:37:50 | Show all posts
Edited by tmcmasterpro at 1-3-2017 04:40

Hello,

You said, that android is working fine...

I didnt re-install android, I had problem with windows only. For D4D6 bios, which we have, we dont have android image, the one posted by Emily is for D2D3 bios, if you will use it you dont have wifi/bluetooth, different hardware.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list