ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot ...

Follow Us

[Vi8 Plus] [Official Version][Dualboot] Chuwi Vi8 Plus Dualboot Android, Windows, Bios

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:12-8-2016 00:32:07 View:48211|Reply:128

ijhu9999| Post time 11-30-2016 06:44:09 | Show all posts
I just got my Vi8+ (dual boot Win10 and Droid 5.1) with 1608 serial number.  I try this Android code and WIFI + BLUETOOTH do not work.

Can someone confirm if this is the latest Android code.  If not, user flashing this with their newer Vi8+ device will resulted in NO WIFI and BLUETOOTH.  Give us the latest android Code for the right model.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ian| Post time 11-30-2016 08:02:00 | Show all posts
Edited by ian at 11-30-2016 08:22
ijhu9999 replied at 11-30-2016 06:44
I just got my Vi8+ (dual boot Win10 and Droid 5.1) with 1608 serial number.  I try this Android code ...

Hope i can help you with this but i already converted my dual to single a couple of days ago.. But have you tried factory reset? Before you do this pls search a bit coz like in windows, some people got stuck after they reset their windows and was unable to boot from it anymore.. So perhaps android will face the same kind of problem..

Use magic Report

ijhu9999| Post time 11-30-2016 09:36:10 | Show all posts
Edited by ijhu9999 at 11-30-2016 09:47

Are you single boot Windows or Android?  I tried factory reset after flashing the android code provided for Vi8+ but WIFI & BT still not working.  I managed to get a work around by flashing it with Hi8Pro's android code and it solved my WIFI & BT issue, but the resolution is not the same as the Hi8Pro has higher resolution.  BTW I have not tried the "flash.json" option yet because it will wipe out my windows and I have yet got my OTG hub delivered so that option is still to be explored.  My concern is if flashing my device using provided Android and Windows that is not updated for 1608 series , then I might end up like the rest of the folks here where Android is not working and windows is missing proper drivers.
looking at the official firmware provided by the site as example.  BIOS provided is: Bios_D2D3_Vi8A1.232_0704, but when I check my Vi8+ BIOS via msinfo32, this is what's reported and my system model is D4D6.  I am concerning wrong BIOS might brick my device.  So this is what I am really concern about that chuwi not providing the right materials for product they sold.

System Name        DESKTOP-5LL6QIP       
System Manufacturer        Hampoo       
System Model        D4D6_Vi8Plus       
System Type        x64-based PC       
System SKU        D4D6_Vi8Plus       
Processor        Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8300  CPU @ 1.44GHz, 1441 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)       
BIOS Version/Date        Hampoo 5.11, 2016-07-01       

Use magic Report

ibicer1980| Post time 12-4-2016 06:16:12 | Show all posts
hi Emily.. Please tale to bios backuping? (bootable) because i find one person on forum.. and chuwi tablet is d4d6 bios from person.. but he is dont know backuping bios.. please help me.. i need this bios.

Use magic Report

hombreolo| Post time 12-5-2016 02:07:30 | Show all posts
Try to put the factory values from windows 10 and half was an error and now does not boot windows 10, android if

I have downloaded everything related to the installation of win 10 and I have followed all the steps
1- I created with ultraiso usb boot (fat 32) with the file downloaded from the explanation (pan.badui)
2- I copied the 8 files in the root of the usb (when you copy the files there are some files and folders that are duplicated, I replace them by copying
3- I connect the keyboard and the usb to the tablet
4- I enter the bios (f7) and select the usb

But it jumps to the selection screen of android or windows, it does not boot from the usb

Thanks in advance

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-5-2016 06:03:00 | Show all posts
have the same problem, wait for chuwi to reply, i have d4d6 bios, i think the method explained here does not work on my bios, only older d2d3, keep you posted if i have any answer.

Use magic Report

hombreolo| Post time 12-5-2016 09:30:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks tmcmasterpro

Use magic Report

tmcmasterpro| Post time 12-5-2016 23:18:38 | Show all posts
keep you posted if i have any answer.

They reply:

"Hello ,
please download the link :
https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2261-1-1.html
As now there is something wrong with the dropbox ,please wait for it , thanks."

after I explained my problem very clearly and told them that I followed this thread and doesnt work.

Use magic Report

Reuath| Post time 12-7-2016 10:49:55 | Show all posts
Please correct dropbox links for vi8 plus & hi8 pro dualboot. Once I  download I will be happy to create mirrors for the links so other users can download without any problems. Thanks

Use magic Report

moomeen| Post time 12-8-2016 00:32:07 | Show all posts
As above, can you refresh the download links or put them somewhere else (like mega.nz)?

BTW, I got recently Chuwi Vi8+ with serial like: P32G2216080XXXX and it comes in dual boot configuration: Android 5.1 + Windows 10 Home... 64-bit edition.
Can you also provide Android/Windows x64 ROMs + BIOS for this device?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list