ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook wifi problem - antenna coaxial cable bad

Follow Us

wifi problem - antenna coaxial cable bad

[Copy link]

qboy|Post time:11-25-2016 16:51:02 View:2479|Reply:13

Edited by qboy at 10-16-2016 07:58

Hi,

I have opened the metal case of my Hibook to re-program the EPROM BIOS chip.  I took the opportunity to investigate the wifi reception issue.
I found that the wifi antenna coaxial cable is bad for my Hibook.  Using an ohm-meter, I found that the center wire of the cable has broken connectivity.

Where can I buy such a cable or cable+wifi antenna to replace this faulty one?

Wifi coaxial cable

Wifi coaxial cable

Measurement (1 of 2)

Measurement (1 of 2)

Measurement (2 of 2)

Measurement (2 of 2)

Use magic Report

Chris01cz| Post time 10-16-2016 07:50:20 | Show all posts
Want resend/repair from seller.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-16-2016 08:10:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Get that "rf coaxial" cable from any radio or electronics shop. Very cheap. You can get them online too.

Use magic Report

jrod22| Post time 10-19-2016 06:46:50 | Show all posts
I replaced the wifi antenna in mine with a laptop one, hoping for better signal. Anyway, I discovered that the connector(looks like a standard U.FL connector) is actually smaller than the ones typically used in laptops, so I had to solder the original wire to the new antenna. If you have to replace it, you will likely have to solder the original tiny U.FL connector to a new wire as I don't know where to get the proper size connector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the antenna I got if you want to give it a shot. I did not get much improvement in wifi signal out of it. Had better luck after drilling holes in the case where the antenna is, would be even better with a whole section chopped out.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 10-19-2016 06:53:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yes the metal casing of the tablet reduces the power of wifi signals. I read in some forum that the loss was about 10db.

Use magic Report

HiBookWifi| Post time 11-19-2016 10:09:15 | Show all posts
jrod22 replied at 10-19-2016 06:46
I replaced the wifi antenna in mine with a laptop one, hoping for better signal. Anyway, I discovere ...

Is ist possible that it is a w.fl connector? Did anybody know if I can get an antenna with an w.fl connector? Today I tried to change the original antenna with one from my HP Touchpad but the HP Touchpad use u.fl connector.

Use magic Report

HiBookWifi| Post time 11-19-2016 10:28:15 | Show all posts
Sorry I am again. I have a question. Normally I think there should be no contact between center wire and shield, if I remember right I think tere ist contact between the soldering points. I think I have to disassemble the hibook again and measure it, but what is your opinion.

Use magic Report

emelo| Post time 11-25-2016 11:30:22 | Show all posts
hey guys, do you have a tutorial how i can ppen the hibook to replace the battery?
thank you so much

Use magic Report

qboy| Post time 11-25-2016 16:44:24 | Show all posts
How to open Hibook:
- Remove the SD card.  Unplug earphone.  Unplug any cable.
- Use a T4 screwdriver to unscrew the 4 screws.
- Use something like a guitar pick to carefully pry open the screen from the case.  Try to open a crack with your finger nail on the shorter ends of the tablet and insert the guitar pick.  This is the toughest part.

Use magic Report

qboy| Post time 11-25-2016 16:51:02 | Show all posts
I have ordered an iPad antenna but it took forever and has never shipped to me yet.  I will see if that works.

HiBookWifi, I think every time you open the case of the tablet, there is a risk that you may damage something.  I think you should think twice before opening the case.
I have measured the antenna end of the cable and both contacts seem shorted together.
However, when I measured the center wire at the connector end and the contacts at the antenna end, it is open.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list