ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook wifi problem - antenna coaxial cable bad

Follow Us

wifi problem - antenna coaxial cable bad

[Copy link]

qboy|Post time:9-20-2018 09:57:02 View:2329|Reply:13

emelo| Post time 11-29-2016 16:41:42 | Show all posts
Edited by emelo at 12-2-2016 07:01
qboy replied at 11-25-2016 16:44
How to open Hibook:
- Remove the SD card.  Unplug earphone.  Unplug any cable.
- Use a T4 screwdrive ...

Thank you so much for your response, I could open thank you!

A

A

B

B
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

qboy| Post time 12-3-2016 14:47:18 | Show all posts
Edited by qboy at 12-3-2016 14:51

I have finally received the iPad antenna and put it into my Hibook.
I have made a conductivity measurement on the connector and the other end of the new iPad antenna and it is good.
The golden connector is quite loose,  so I have to put a small bit of screw glue to secure it.
The signal reception is OK, but not as good as my Samsung Tab4.
new_antenna.jpg
new_antenna_installed.jpg

Use magic Report

qboy| Post time 12-3-2016 15:00:35 | Show all posts
Edited by qboy at 12-3-2016 15:11

A side note:  I have open the metal lid covering the CPU and memory chips, and added extra thermal pads.  See the attached picture.
Originally, there were 2 blue thermal pads.  The one on top of the CPU was damaged so I moved it to the chip next to it.
I have ordered a 0.5mm thick thermal pad (white in color) and I cut 3 small squares out of it and put on the other chips.
I should have replaced the thermal pad on the metal lid but that one seems to be 1mm thick.  I have ordered a 1mm thermal pad but it has not arrived.  When it arrives, I will put it in to cover the whole metal lid.I don't have before and after temperature comparison.  I have checked the temperature now.  It is varying in the 30 to 40ish degree C range.  One thing I noticed is that if I charge it and play a video at the same time, the temperature could be quite high.  If I just play a video without charging it, the temperature is low (40ish degree C).  If you want to play a video or a game and you want the CPU to stay cool, make sure you have enough battery juice and don't plug in the charging cord.

extra_thermal_pads.jpg

Use magic Report

GladBok| Post time 9-20-2018 09:57:02 | Show all posts
Hi..i am a new user here. In my case standard U.FL connector is actually smaller than the ones typically used in laptops, so I had to solder the original wire to the new antenna. If you have to replace it, you will likely have to solder the original tiny U.FL connector to a new wire.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list