ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi12 with Android only and 64 Go [Solved]

Follow Us

Hi12 with Android only and 64 Go [Solved]

[Copy link]

LauRent|Post time:10-20-2017 02:51:03 View:6577|Reply:11

Edited by doodzilla at 2-21-2017 06:54

Hi,

I have just aquired a tablet Chuwi Hi12 Dual Boot and I realize that I will use it only with Android. So far, nothing extraordinary, you just have to start it in Android mode. Where it gets complicated is that I would like to rid my tablet of Windows 10 and allocate the 64GB of memory to Android ...
I have already tried to flash all the systems and reinstall Android. It worked, but I only have 10 GB of memory available.
I looked at all the tutorials at length, but none of them deals with recovering the memory. Does anyone have a solution? Like full formatting of the tablet and reinstallation of Android.
Important: I want to clarify that I am a user say, level "inexperienced", so if someone can help me it takes into account the fact that I need simple and precise explanations.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 2-12-2017 19:11:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 11-22-2017 14:32

Hello guys,
You can select full space of EMMC disk for Android. To do this, you have to erase your disk completely at the new Android/Remix flashing. So please backup your necessary data first.
Just download and unzip the attached GPT_Partition.zip file. You will get gpt.bin file. This file allow you to select full space of EMMC disk for Android or Remix.
Then do the following.
1. You should delete gpt.bin file from your Android/Remix rom folder and replace it with one you had unzipped.
2. Flash Android/Remix using intel phone flash tool. Please read and follow the tutorial. Just choose flash.json to erase all Windows partitions and Android partitions.

Thanks to supercowz

GPT_Partition.zip

995 Bytes, Downloads: 514

Reply Support 0 Not support 2

Use magic Report

superdado| Post time 12-23-2016 13:13:14 | Show all posts
Had the same idea. I bought HI12 dual boot because i'we been waiting for years a 12 inches android tablet cheaper than a samsung.
Days ago I downloaded a iso for ubutnu 16.04 (but there are many linux distributions) modified to have wifi and audio working under linux with intel cherry trail. I think ubuntu could worth a try for this but I had not time yet.
http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.co ... -bay-trail-and.html
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kwisi| Post time 12-27-2016 18:37:08 | Show all posts
I wish anybody can make a tutorial, realy I hate windows on Tablets, Android (CM 12.1) just running brilliant on the Hi12 but I don't find way to remove windows partion and allocate space to Android only :/

Use magic Report

aboukrat| Post time 2-12-2017 06:59:19 | Show all posts
Hello everyone, would anyone have found a solution? I'm with RemixOs it's great but I only have 9 go which is insufficient, please?

Use magic Report

aboukrat| Post time 2-19-2017 03:26:39 | Show all posts
Thank you very much for your answer, however I do not why it's cheap

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 2-19-2017 07:09:44 | Show all posts
aboukrat replied at 2-19-2017 14:26
Thank you very much for your answer, however I do not why it's cheap

Hello aboukrat,
I did not understand the essence of your sentence. Did you get full eMMC disk for Android?

Use magic Report

aboukrat| Post time 2-23-2017 12:53:36 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 2-19-2017 07:09
Hello aboukrat,
I did not understand the essence of your sentence. Did you get full eMMC disk for  ...

Hello sorry I use google translation because I am French, I replaced the file as you explained but I did not get the desired result I always have that 9GB free

Use magic Report

Ustensile| Post time 10-20-2017 01:13:43 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 2-12-2017 19:11
Hello guys,
You can select full space of EMMC disk for Android. To do this, you have to erase your d ...

the GTP_Partition.zip doesn't exist anymore, where can I find It ?
Thanks for your help

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-20-2017 02:51:03 | Show all posts
Ustensile replied at 10-20-2017 12:13
the GTP_Partition.zip doesn't exist anymore, where can I find It ?
Thanks for your help

Hello Ustensile,
I updated the link. Try again please.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list