ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial How to Wipe 32gb and reinstall only Windows 10 with ...

Follow Us

[Hi8] How to Wipe 32gb and reinstall only Windows 10 with Preinstalled Drivers

[Copy link]

brianlewis|Post time:7-9-2018 06:52:28 View:2436|Reply:4

ENGLISH TUTORIAL!!!

Everyone, after having fun trying to figure out how to make the HI8 boot from an NTFS UEFI USB I thought I would help provide new instructions that are easier to understand.  I also didn't care for Android 5.1 so these instructions will BLOW OUT the 32gb flash and create a 32GB Windows 10 Single Partition.  

You'll need a USB HUB (to support keyboard/mouse/FLASH DRIVE concurrently)
You'll need a Flash Drive, >=8GB
You'll need RUFUS - https://rufus.akeo.ie/
You'll need the ChuWi W10 32bit HI8 drivers preinstalled - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyvo39 ... 10.2016.05.rar?dl=0  (PW: en.chuwi.com)

Install Rufus
Extract Hi8 Windows 10 to a folder, ultimately it will be Hi8-Win10.2016.05\S806.CHUWI.D.10.TH2.EN&RU&ES&KR&JA&FR.0504\
Plug in your flash drive, run Rufus, Select your USB Device, set GPT partition scheme for UEFI, NTFS, 4096, WINPE, change Create a Bootable Disk using 'UEFI:NTFS'
That last part is very important, this sets up the device to boot a smaller partition that loads up the NTFS support to then access and boot the NTFS partition!
See RUFUS1.JPG attached

Rufus

Rufus

Once Rufus is done, highlight the Boot/EFI/images/Scripts/sources/bootmgr/bootmgr.efi from the W10 Extracted Folder and COPY, now PASTE this onto your new NTFS flash drive

Once finished, use your Eject Media option and plug your Flash Drive into your USB Hub
Turn on the Hi8, as soon as your screen turns on press ESC, now select SCU, then LPSS & SCC Configuration under Advanced
Select eMMC Secure Erase to ENABLE, Press F10 to save and reboot (WARNING THIS WIPES OUT THE ANDROID/W10 Dual Boot).  Basically this clears the 32gb completely so that we can use it all for Windows 10 which really needs 32gb at a minimum!
Turn on the Hi8, as soon as your screen turns on press ESC, now BOOT MANAGER, and you should have two options, an EFI USB DEVICE (Gigabit Ethernet Controller) and an INTERNAL EFI SHELL.  You want the Gigabit Ethernet Controller!  Yes thats correct its not a gigabit ethernet controller, this is the 'fat32 partition' Rufus uses to load the NTFS boot drivers.  Once it boots it will start to write the W10 image (with drivers preinstalled) to the Hi8 32gb flash.

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 12-17-2016 23:15:59 | Show all posts
This is excellent, thank you!
Don't we have to save Windows key before?
Modérateur

Administrateur https://www.actiftech.com/
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

adnan5489| Post time 12-25-2016 08:25:28 | Show all posts
Hello. I tired above procedure for windows installation but Error 1392 (The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. The DISM log file can be found at X:/windows/Logs/DISM/dism.log "Failed to apply image to w:") An error has been detected. Kindly give me solution. I am waiting for your response. Thank You.  

Use magic Report

ch3mn3y| Post time 7-9-2018 05:56:45 | Show all posts
Tried to do this, but got stuck at:
"Making directories….
The system cannot find the drive specified
“Failed to make w:\recycler\scratch directory”"
Any idea?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-9-2018 06:52:28 | Show all posts
ch3mn3y replied at 7-9-2018 16:56
Tried to do this, but got stuck at:
"Making directories….
The system cannot find the drive specifie ...

Hello ch3mn3y,
Just read my tutorial and find your mistake.
How to flash Windows 10 on Chuwi Hi8 Pro.pdf (396.86 KB, Downloads: 62)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list