ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Problems with the micro sd cards

Follow Us

Problems with the micro sd cards

[Copy link]

juanvalino|Post time:1-11-2017 19:46:39 View:10491|Reply:26

Edited by juanvalino at 12-26-2016 05:09

Hello,
I'm experiencing lots of problems with the micro sd cards in my Dualboot Chuwi Hi12 tablet.  

When I insert the card into the tablet it seems to be detected correctly and initially I can work with the card, but after a few minutes the card vanishes. This happens both in Windows 10 and Android. When this happens in Windows 10 the device manager shows a failure in one of the SD controllers. When this happens in Android the microsd card disappears from the storage section of the device config. After the fail in both operating systems you cannot access the microsd card and in Android you have to force a power off. I tried to extract and insert the card an this behavior reproduces.

I've tried the microsd card in a PC and it works perfectly. Also I tried to format again with the same results. I've tested with several cards from different brands (SanDisk and Toshiba), sizes (16, 32, 64 and 128) and speed (SDHC, SDXC) and the problem reproduces. Also, I verified the issue exists in two different units of the Dualboot Chuwi Hi12, so seems a global problem and not something specific to my unit.

There are lot of reports about this kind of issue in this Chuwi support forums.

Is Chuwi aware and doing something regarding this problem? Anyone has a solution?

Kind regards.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 12-26-2016 12:42:03 | Show all posts
Edited by Hackerjac at 12-26-2016 21:43

Chuwi is aware of the problem, so are other manufactures of tablets, since it seems like a global problem, even M$ Surface have same problems

Samsung Evo+ 64 GB have never got me any problems in either my Hi12 or HiBook Pro
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jcabad| Post time 12-29-2016 08:15:10 | Show all posts
Same problem as yours here with my Hi12. the microSD is Samsung Evo 64GB. It works in other PC. It has been working without problem for months

Use magic Report

Migual12| Post time 12-29-2016 14:54:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Migual12 at 12-29-2016 14:55
Hackerjac replied at 12-26-2016 12:42
Chuwi is aware of the problem, so are other manufactures of tablets, since it seems like a global pr ...

Hi, you did not experience problems with Samsung Evo 64GB on Hi12? Did it work in Win10 and Android? How did you format it, FAT32, exfat or NTFS? Thank you!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 12-29-2016 15:46:34 | Show all posts
Migual12 replied at 12-29-2016 23:54
Hi, you did not experience problems with Samsung Evo 64GB on Hi12? Did it work in Win10 and Android ...

Haven't had any probs with my Samsung EVO+ 64 GB (The red one, not the orange) , formated as exfat, works both in Win 10 pro with latest update and Android/RemixOs, both rooted and have installed exfat patch

My Kingston 128 GB card is another story, dosen't work in Win 10 anymore, every time i try to write to it, its getting corrupted, works in Android/RemixOs

Also have Netac P500 Micro SD Memory Card  -  64GB  BLACK, also work without any probs

Medion 32 GB, dosen't work in either Win nor Android/RemixOs, but works in my wife's phone
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

April| Post time 1-8-2017 09:35:30 | Show all posts
Many people have problems with their SD card android and windows, not software problem.
My port worked 3 months

for me the solution is :
https://usb.brando.com/prod_img/zoom/UCARD008500_01_L.jpg

Use magic Report

fortikeco| Post time 1-9-2017 03:00:05 | Show all posts
Why do people think those SD card problems are hardware-related and not software? Did you people check on filesystem corruption etc?

Use magic Report

juanvalino| Post time 1-11-2017 05:26:25 | Show all posts
I've checked filesystem several times with several sd cards of different sizes and brands. Problem exists both in Windows and Android. So, the logic conclusion is to think that is a hardware problem.

I'm very disappointed because Chuwi is not saying anything about this.

Use magic Report

fortikeco| Post time 1-11-2017 11:47:09 | Show all posts
juanvalino replied at 1-11-2017 05:26
I've checked filesystem several times with several sd cards of different sizes and brands. Problem e ...

from the Hi10 thread, intrax noticed a problem with the uefi/bios firmware.
Quote from intrax: "Yep switching os's seems to cause the problem.. the bios setting ms custom cardbus switches automagically from enabled to disabled when switching.".

Can someone confirm this on Hi12?

Use magic Report

pratamahandy| Post time 1-11-2017 19:46:39 | Show all posts
Edited by pratamahandy at 1-11-2017 19:52

The Problem Occured not only on Chuwi Hi12 but also Hi10Pro, Hi10, Hi8, and so on. Even it occured at other brand like cube and teclast and some bigger brand like surface (but i am sure the cause of the problem not exactly the same in big brand).

I also had the same problem on my Chuwi Hi10 Pro. At first it worked flawlessly. Both Windows and Android can detect SD Card without Problem. But then the problem occured first at windows. After that I checked the android, the SD Card also not detected there. But after reinsert the SD Card several times, android can detect the SD Card again. (Meanwhile Windows can not detect the SD Card once the problem occured no matter how much you reinsert the SD Card).

After that I reboot Android Several Times and the SD Card still Occured. No Problem at all. Then i try to boot to Windows. The SD still not there. Then I go back to Android. Guess what? The SD Card disappeared again. So Clearly the problem is Windows or Switch OS here.

I try several solution. Enable the ms custom cardbus, change the sdbus from acpi to cpi at bios (works but only for 1 boot after that the sd disapeeared again from windows), and install the windows 8 driver. Nothing works. The SD card wont appeared at Windows and always make the sd card dissapeared from android (after i try to reappeared it in Android by reinsert SD card several times).

Then I decide to completely uninstall the driver on Windows. After the SD card in android reappeared. I go back to Windows then go back to android again. Then Guess what. The SD card is fine. Try to changing OS several times. The SD card still works flawlessly on Android. This leave the driver in Windows (windows 10 driver, windows 8 driver, all existing driver) the only suspect of the cause of the problem. But not all devices has this problem, that means the driver work well on some devices and cause problem on some devices. That means we have another suspect, the internal card reader.

So my analysis is this :
1. The problem is both the software and the hardware. The software is the Driver in Windows. The hardware is the internal card reader (the cheapest price for this thing only 1$ in market but cause so much problem).

2. Since this problem is not occured at all devices (maybe 10% or 20%, I dont know but significant enough to fill this forum with same report), so the driver is not the only suspect, since the driver is digital thing and must be exactly the same all over the world. Meanwhile The Internal Card Reader is hardware and more prone to defect.

3. We who have this problem get unit with "defect" internal card reader that could works flawlessly in Android, but will be broken temporarily by Windows driver. I dont know maybe the voltage too high or too low or anything else. But the damage is temporary so if the voltage is too high it will break the internal card reader permanently, maybe the voltage is too low and the setting dont change when reboot so the android also cant detect the sd card and we have to reinsert the sd to make the internal card reader works again. Or it have nothing to do with voltage I dont know. The sure thing is our internal card reader is defect and windows driver will break it temporarily.

4. Windows driver works okay with "undefect" internal card reader. if it occured at 100 percent of devices then the driver is the only problem.

The Solution :

1. For Now, I Uninstall the windows intel sd host driver which contain the sd storage controller. Ever since, the Android is never fail to detect the SD card after it first reappeared. But of course you have no SD Card on Windows. Well at least I can use the SD card in Android even after switching OS.

2. Find a driver which works on Windows and wont break the Internal SD Card reader temporarily. But its dificult. I try all existing driver, it wont work and will break the internal card reader temporarily.

3. Someone out there (maybe Microsoft or Chuwi, or anyone) build a new driver which will work for defect internal card reader. But the defect maybe not homogen. It will be very hard to make driver which will work on all defect internal card reader.

4. Chuwi customer care? Yeah good luck with that. I know something after a while. They only care about selling the product and doesnt really care about after sales services. So many salesman, but no programmer, no engineer. Yeah, good strategy to destroy your well started business.

Well I guess that's what i can share about what i know about this problem. Hope this helps. Thank You

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list