ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Redirection] Hi13 Reviews

Follow Us

[Redirection] Hi13 Reviews

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:3-24-2017 15:47:14 View:5002|Reply:36

Hackerjac| Post time 3-22-2017 03:01:34 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 3-22-2017 11:52
But I keep coming back to Chuwi because of the dual boot function. Not Even Microsoft or Apple or Sa ...

Well, i woulden put my money on that Apple ever will come with a dualboot Windows/Android
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-22-2017 04:25:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-22-2017 05:39
doodzilla replied at 3-22-2017 02:49
If I didn't want to play Pokemon Go, maybe I'd buy a refurbished Surface Pro 3 then outfit it with S ...
Or this tempting deal: https://www.productchart.com/tablets/11978

$299
Fujitsu Lifebook Stylistic Q704 12.5" Tablet - Intel Core i5-4200 1.6GHz 8GB RAM 128GB SSD Windows 10 Professional (Certified Refurbished)

That option is so tempting, if it wasn't for a low PPI because of the "watering down" of the standard FHD resolution by the 12.5inch screen pixels distribution. If you ever had a 400+ PPI screen for reading (FHD over 5inch screen, etc.. like on my Google LG Nexus 5X phone, the cheapest updatable security patches and upgradable decent phone), all of the performance and ram in the world would be like a v10-12 engine driven in the inner city. A total mismatch or overkill where it doesn't improve actual daily life. I do miss more ram on my phone, but there is room for improvement in everything.

Also it sounds like you need(ed) a phablet, if you love GPS based games that much. Hunting pokemon with a 12-13.5 inch tablet connected to a dongle or wire extending it into a bag, on the go? That doesn't feel like optimal. If you look to tinker in "Frankenstein machines" for the love of it, then I understand. The focus is not enjoying a game, reading or a specific OS, but like you said, the novelty, hence a different set of "use-cases".

If you like portable "novelty" maybe project Tango by Google is something you would like to keep an eye on if you haven't. A recent phablet I think by Lenovo (?) was introduced that support Tango as the first one I think. Maybe not that cheap as other phablets, thus disqualifying it from the other definition of novelty.

EDITs: typos, improvement + addition.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-23-2017 03:36:08 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 3-22-2017 03:01
Well, i woulden put my money on that Apple ever will come with a dualboot Windows/Android

Hehe. Hackerjac, ZenBalancer, and the rest of the epic people in this thread reading/participating,

Check this out!

3 links talking about the same device (The Eye):
NowThis: https://www.facebook.com/NowThisFuture/videos/1476691065705402/
Unbox Therapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTtJQS1EaCw&t=3s
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/proj ... el?ref=project_link

An Android case for your iPhone that can turn it into:

A double sided, double OS phone with both Android and iOS using 3 SIM CARDS:
one on iphone and 2 on android

front and back screen

with wireless charging through the smart android part

with headphone jack through the case

really trippy

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-23-2017 08:38:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-23-2017 09:22
doodzilla replied at 3-23-2017 03:36

Hehe. Hackerjac, ZenBalancer, and the rest of the epic people in this thread reading/participating ...

Saw it via Google Now a few days ago, but I didn't think it's Chuwi or Hi13 relevant. The only reason I mentioned my mobile, was as a tip for cheapest alternatives (since you lost your mobile, and another user had expectations of Android upgradability by Chuwi) updatable and upgradable (for a limited number of years, here previously implictly) as an addition to a post that started on-topic, and diverged to feedback to your back then more on topic posts with a few divergences.

My posts were not intended to become completely offtopic.. I don't think the Eye is related to the Hi13.  I don't think anyone opening this thread is expecting to find cool gadgets or to be inspired to consider doing something similar. It seems that deserves its own thread.

I understand that it's a chain reaction starting from my divergence. This thread logically could be also used to clarify why something is relevant to considering the Hi13 or not. With clear arguments. My previous post was started to focus on the PPI, as the main strength (relevant for the general argument) of the Hi13 at that screen size and price point, and at least equally good compatible tech (Hi3 Pen: 1000+ pressure levels), as a counterargument to that, previously to me also, tempting option that you posted.

As far as my main "workhorse" goes, when I've another budget, I'll wait for something with equal or better PPI than Hi13, whether by Chuwi or others, but with more performance and RAM for a lot of tabs and multitasking on the go. I might get a second Hi13 to use as a thin-client instead. I wonder about how well the WiDi works. To use the other Hi13 as an extended display wirelessly. If easy with good quality, ready to use if ever needed to change from a "standalone book" to an extended screen of my development environment. So also switching to a book on the extended screen when needed, more easily switching between a book and a different window from the main "workhorse".

Normally an extended display is bulky and stationary or only serves as an extended display. With a <$10 stand, one has a portable extended display in portrayed mode. That doubles in a standalone device where I can continue with dedicated virtual desktops to open books at specific pages and notes. Reading or writing what I like or need more easily depending on the focus. Dedicated books/devices for a certain activity with ready content configurations is underrated. When it's digital and multifunctional, it's even better. More than two on the go is maybe overkill. But if you get used to at least two wherever you go and there is table, even though you totally could write on your lap on a bench in the park, when there is a table the second one will improve a lot of the workflows. Any adequate table anywhere.

The Eye is not a possible alternative for Hi13 nor that much related. You were in the zone, and posted an option that might be relevant for your need that I commented on, diverged from Hi13 related, to "novelty phablets" related. I don't think an iPhone even with the Eye "extension" is your style though. Maybe it is..

My (possible) use-case(s) are Hi13 relevant. The argument for Chuwi's "main products type" focus, really requires its own thread. To collect your arguments and that of others especially  when actively joined in, to present it all with a title that lets people know what the focus of the dicussion is. You can PM Chuwi the URL to get an "official comment/feedback", similarly like you did here at Hi13 subforum. Each main topic, its own thread.

I think both the threads you like, should be in the general section. And link them from here, for those following the divergence to know where to continue and engage with the topic. Then others and I would join in with maybe Engadget announcements, and other "bleeding edge" nifty tech news. That's my feedback to you.

And nothing is awesome about Zen nor my nonsensical (personal history related) psudonym. In fact, nothing is absolutely awesome objectively. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. "Awesome" focusses only on the positive. Awesomeness, to me at least, is a delusion that in my case inflates my ego even more, when addressed to me too. So I kindly object!

I do think the Hi13 "on paper" at the pricing range, in the current market (tech+pricing), is "awesome enough". But by my earlier feedback it means that's a delusion too. I stand by it though, until Hi13 is in my hands and totally changes my mind for the worst. I think I'll have to readjust some of my assumptions, but overall the info I based my perception on seems to be realistic and relatively complete. It fits my (possible additional) use-cases, that I mostly shared.

Anyone interested in the Hi13, is encouraged to share their use-cases here, to get feedback from others who don't feel like writing an entire indepth review to post at the review subforum, but can offer concrete specific feedback relevant by the context other users post. Or share  use-cases for which you find the Hi13 inadequate. Although it might all be expected. The advantages and disadvantages.

I diverged too much in my previous post, therefore I apologise. I didn't mean to go oftopic that much.

Edit: corrections + epic or awesome, seems in my head like potato or potato.. the other pronunciation that is. That's probably why I misremembered.

Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-23-2017 22:21:06 | Show all posts
Yes indeed I played a very significant role in going off-topic for this "Hi13 Reviews" thread hehe. Cordially, I also apologize to emily for not being as efficient a moderator for this subforum. For the welfare of Chuwi, let me reverse the tide by going back on topic.

All in all, ZenBalancer, do you think igeekphone is credible enough for reliable info? I was able to notice through some past posts (sorry if I am not able to pinpoint, there have been quite a lot of posts now) that you were able to contact and get responses from the staff of igeekphone. So being that you have had experience interacting with them, what can you concludingly say about their credibility, with regards to the Hi13?

You might have answered these questions already; sorry if I'm getting you to repeat.

"I think both the threads you like, should be in the general section. And link them from here, for those following the divergence to know where to continue and engage with the topic. Then others and I would join in with maybe Engadget announcements, and other "bleeding edge" nifty tech news. That's my feedback to you." <----- maybe I'll try this: exporting divergent discussions to other threads when I figure it out how to do it harmoniously. in the future i can edit the divergent posts with a link to their own thread that's more appropriate. but i'd have to create other threads too and do some edits, maybe when i have more free time. I want to keep discussing straightforwardly. Those diversions were unnecessary anyway, never meant to lead to very long conversations, at least for now.

I think someone carrying around 2 Hi13's is interesting thing hahaha. Just a mention: each Hi13 is about a kilogram in weight, Hi12 is about .7 kilogram.

"Anyone interested in the Hi13, is encouraged to share their use-cases here, to get feedback from others who don't feel like writing an entire indepth review to post at the review subforum, but can offer concrete specific feedback relevant by the context other users post. Or share  use-cases for which you find the Hi13 inadequate. Although it might all be expected. The advantages and disadvantages." <--- maybe these deserved their own threads in the Hi13 subforum too.

Hey ZenBalancer, btw I recommended to Emily your account for co-moderator of this Hi13 subforum. It's still your decision anyway if you want to accept hehe. I have observed your actions in the forum which have been very relevant, logical, and professional: making you very qualified in my opinion.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 05:00:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 06:59
Just a mention: each Hi13 is about a kilogram in weight, Hi12 is about .7 kilogram.

If one has to walk A LOT for commute, or a health (back etc..) condition or the like, then total carrying weight can become increasingly an issue. Remember the days when laptops were heavy by default? Far less than ideal. Not suggesting to go back to the past, instead just pointing at relativism. 2 screens is an option, not a must. I got so used to it.. I don't want to go back. I'll get a carry-on if I have to, if it's worth it.

But you're talking 2x .3 to .4 = max .6 to .8 of kilo difference for a specific setup, with much more pleasanter workflow than otherwise. If I get used to the 13.5inch screen with 267PPI, than I would not easily go back to 12inch in tablet mode closer to the eyes noticably less PPI, I think. Of course in the years ahead, weight is a factor worth improving upon, no doubt. But to me personally it's secondary. And I would carry only 1 keyboard dock, and have one reserved at home, since I'm planning on relying heavily on this setup. "Backups are good friends", that can help when no human can. "Stored energy" that is.

There was that guy that knows his Hi12 well, and didn't take a backup, and commends his experience. I wouldn't think the risk is worth it. Not because of the Hi13, but because things can happen outside of regular preparations. Some colleagues can be lax with coffee around.. or the like. I tend to be paranoid; with CBT hopefully within reason.

Thanks for your words. I object kindly I'd rather be the "underdog". My argument by itself, is my "authority". I learned from others out there. I try.

Also it's a responsibility. I'm not committed to that role. I needed an improved portable digital experience than my refurbished (excellent quality) Surface Pro gen1s (+/- comfortability). Firstly affordable. Secondly my focus is on my use-cases. And dependable. What I have is 1.3cm thick and heavier than the Hi12 or the old iPad4 (also 267PPI btw, noticable difference, I had it in my hands, next to 216PPI and 400+PPI). It's all +/-. The Hi13 has the minimal needed relevant features for me, to improve the most relevant negatives of my current setup. The previous Gateway M280 (if I remember correctly) 2in1 convertible turn 'n flip style I got from USA (with significant taxes) before Gateway was acquired by Lenovo much later, was a heavy "laptop2in1 convertible" that costed me savings of up to €1300+ with extra battery in 2007 or so. Got high temperature and lousy fan noise by default. Almost all the time..

Hi13 with fanless design and hopefully not warm in the hands, is welcome improvement to my uncomfortably warm Surface Pro (1st gen) especially while charging. I even limited the CPU in Windows power management advanced settings to 50% just to hold it and focus on reading comfortably by decreasing temperature as much as possible. That's why I understand why the HiBook 14 something was thermally isolated from the shell. It's not for heavy use-cases, just "light play" and productivity. Otherwise the solution wouldn't be a thermal mod..

My involvement on the forum was to get a feel of how dependable "the entire system" is, relevant to me, that I'm considering "stepping into" by my purchase. Since I ordered the Hi13, that's a good indication from my perspective.

The 2nd Hi13 can give me more battery, although that usecase is overkill, because of powerpacks. It's just extra, not my primary usecase as far as ready portable device goes, without extending cables out of the bag to my lap. Plus the 2nd one is a standalone "full backup" that doubles as an extended screen (WiDi, technically should work well), so not just a "powerpack". If I remember correctly, via USB-c it should also charge each other or other (unidirectional ofco, not sure about Windows 10 support for it) devices if necessary, since it's a fully functional USB-C features. I get that option on my 7.1.1 Android when plugging in an OTG adapter with another microUSB to TypeC adapter. It's not recommended to just connect the two TypeC full support Chuwi's, without getting feedback from Chuwi first, for any missed implementation quirks.. or general technology misconceptions.

Edits: corrections + additions.

3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 06:43:37 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 08:19

As far as igeekphone.com goes, there is a huge language barrier, and their listings are specs overview comparisons, not proven hands-on reviews, even if they might be doing that. Adding much more to my earlier "reports" would be mostly (negatively) speculative. I don't think it's a legitimacy issue, I think it's a "quality" issue. They are active relevant to the Chinese market mostly, and I'm not sure what money they're getting out of my pocket by reading their stuff (as some suggested). I don't think depending on any one side entirely is going to be unbiased.
Edit: clarity + correction.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 13:25:11 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 3-24-2017 22:43
As far as igeekphone.com goes, there is a huge language barrier, and their listings are specs overvi ...

you pretty much summed it up well regarding igeekphone. a take from me: no money taken from you, just money made for them thru more website clicks. but this is a common occurence with more and more mainstream websites. not a huge bother.

maybe that surface pro first gen will rise exponentially in financial value in the next few years to come. #ExhibitWorthy

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 3-24-2017 13:30:37 | Show all posts
Z, this is the Gateway laptop right? Did the screen hinge ever break through the years? The unconventional design would seem fragile on first impression.

P.S.: again, not meant as a long discussion to not obscure the thread title
chig.jpg

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3-24-2017 15:47:14 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 3-24-2017 15:50
doodzilla replied at 3-24-2017 13:30
Z, this is the Gateway laptop right? Did the screen hinge ever break through the years? The unconven ...

The mechanism is very robust on that one anyway. It could not have broken even if I was rough. If it fell, the screen might break if was open but the mechanism would still work, that sturdy.
Edit: GPU became defective by years of desktop workload, max fan speeds because of overheating, and more focus on cooling the CPU than GPU (I think it was a separate chip).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list