ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 2in1 (complete) vs Laptop OR "yoga" OR "Surface ...

Follow Us

Hi13 2in1 (complete) vs Laptop OR "yoga" OR "Surface Pro"

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-16-2017 07:01:40 View:2654|Reply:18

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-14-2017 16:18:19 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-15-2017 01:22
mercu replied at 4-14-2017 20:51
Well, a kickstand doesn't have to be thick, you know that there are these types of kickstand coming ...

See:
with the exception of minimalistic half-frame-kickstand for landscape design. If designing an even more innovative integrated kickstand, would real make a difference, thus also in sales, then it might be more likely to see being made. And what company at what mid- to high-end pricing range. Like laminated screens, reserved for more expensive tablets.

I write too much. Not often without reason.

Edit: clarity + you're basically asking for a different product. Without lap-mode. The clearer you present that. The less I'll reply.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-14-2017 17:24:59 | Show all posts
So I saw the necessity to compile what I said in this thread and elsewhere in a more clear general thread: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3895
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-14-2017 23:34:46 | Show all posts
Btw, I apologize for some repeat posts. It's an almost unavoidable mistake when the internet connection I'm using is slow, because the slow response lends itself to overclicking.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-15-2017 00:36:11 | Show all posts
Edited by doodzilla at 4-15-2017 16:39
mercu replied at 4-14-2017 20:03
Thank you so much for your kind words, doodzilla!  

I like that strong hinge system also because ...

Have you tried sideways tent mode for bed use? See pic below.
17965178_10211944917434934_1946926072_n.jpg

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 4-15-2017 00:50:56 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 4-15-2017 00:36

That is a very good idea also but I think I still need the keyboard on the front side in case I need to write anything or change website sometimes

But yes, that is a very good idea also of course Very innovative!

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 4-15-2017 00:58:42 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-14-2017 16:18
See:

I write too much. Not often without reason.

I'm sorry that I'm not a  native English speaker so that's why I didn't truly understand what your phrase meant. I have to admit one thing if it's ok I can get out of my chest?

It's true that you write a lot in this forum. But many of what you write a bit too "advanced language" for me (at least). I don't know how about other people but if you could just please simplify many of the technichal terms of what you write or dumb it down for us, maybe it would be easier to follow and understand. I guess you are native speaker so for you, it's certain that somebody should understand all of these terms. But for me, I sometimes have to read 2 or 3 times again and again your messages without having a clue what is it you really meant, I hope you forgive me for having trouble with the reading, I don't do that on purpose.

I find many of your posts interesting but if you could please present it in a more simple way, maybe it would help me more to understand. Maybe present it with pictures or anything like would make it easier and not only text based.

Thank you!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-15-2017 03:02:50 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-15-2017 12:35
mercu replied at 4-15-2017 09:58
I'm sorry that I'm not a  native English speaker so that's why I didn't truly understand what your ...
bit too "advanced language"

My English is not advanced, others on another forum said it best (paraphrased): I've a habit to "try to speak" beyond my current English level. My grammar is misleading at times, I don't know if it's correct or not. I just try make it "sound correct in my head". So if something isn't clear, it's probably not you. If I don't know what something is called, or how to say something, I "make up" phrases for it. Like how would you call that "minimalistic kickstand style"? Does Acer have an appropriate marketing term for it?

I saw HP maybe, I think with a similar design in the 2017 top device videos I posted in this thread. If you haven't watched it, then you didn't have the time. If something isn't clear from context, we can always ask each other what we mean. "Forgiveness" isn't necessary in this case, there is nothing to forgive.

FWIW I apologise for being too "free spirited" with phrasing on the forum. And it's a pain doing stuff with images on my phone. If anything, I want to find the correct phrasing from others. Doing forum stuff on a mobile phone is.. not the best experience. But my mobile is in my hands the most. I'm still waiting for the Hi13+itsKeyboard.

Your ideas are valid. Just was not presented with clarified downsides.

Chuwi seems (my assumption) to have used the Surface Pro 4 screen (12.3inch) in their recently announced new lapbook/laptop device. But yet have never, as far as I know, released a tabtop (integrated kickstand, others, etc..) in the past.

I used the general thread earlier to clarify what I think I understand from the terms, and why the difference in practice can be misleading. See:
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.ph ... 2&fromuid=19651

Something having less total weight, does not make it more practical in every way in practice for portability purposes, with the only exception being lowering carrying weight, at the cost of possible use-case-scenarios when chosing a tabtop over a laplet.

Edits: clarity + correction.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-15-2017 03:14:06 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-16-2017 16:14
doodzilla replied at 4-15-2017 09:36

Nice.. I totally forgot!

Edit: it's not only less "visual pollution" or less "visual distraction" or less "visual noise" like that, but also allows getting the screen closer to oneself without being annoyed by the keyboard getting too close and in the way of using the touchscreen.

This is another use-case-scenario that neither a laptop can do nor the 180° "yoga", although tabtops might be able depending on "surface stability". And it's best for comfortable watching of series and movies using same app or website. Otherwise for browsing it's best like mercu's related suggestion.

Edits: addition + improvement.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-16-2017 07:01:40 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-16-2017 16:03
doodzilla replied at 4-14-2017 05:10
@ZenBalancer, this was supposed to be a reply to your first post in this thread. Dunno what happened ...
"I was specifically significantly interested when you mentioned portrait mode built-in kickstands. I hope the "big companies" try that.

That idea was "born" from you misunderstanding my post. It wasn't my idea to integrate an "omni-mode" kickstand. It will be most likely a Tabtop though, if that gets made. I might have seen a tablet cover that offers such an integrated kickstand, but size support is limited. And would not be pogo keyboard friendly. So any innovation in that regard won't change the fundamental difference between a Laplet and a Tabtop.

To have counterweight "as/in" the keyboard, or to not counterweight with the keyboard, that is the question: https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3895-1-1.html

Edit: clarity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list