ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Solved] What can the USB C do?

Follow Us

[Solved] What can the USB C do?

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:4-23-2017 05:09:11 View:3641|Reply:38

Edited by Techdragonz at 4-30-2017 11:30

So, I was wondering... In their advertisments, Chuwi says that their USB C port is a full blown USB C port, that can do pretty much anything. but it can't do video transmission (eventhough it said it does...)

What does work? And why doens't video transmission? Could software fix this? Because if it doesn't do video, it will also not transmit audio, because both are kind of linked when plugging it into a large hub for a projector or something like that.

Edit: Typo
USB C.PNG
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 4-22-2017 12:40:51 | Show all posts
the reason why mini hdmi still exist
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-22-2017 12:58:29 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Well, if it doesn't work, why advertising it like it does?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-22-2017 13:47:41 | Show all posts
I can comfirm it dodoesn't work, have tryed USB-C to MHL and USB-C to HDMI without luck
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-22-2017 14:45:53 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-22-2017 23:48

Would this work?
1. Type C USB 3.1 Hub USB-C Male Cable to USB 3.0/HDMI/Type C Female Charger Adapter for Apple Macbook / Google Chromebook Pixel
http://s.aliexpress.com/qaMVJN7r
Or
2. Edit: [size=36.5443px]7-in-1 Multifunction USB-C Hub with Type-C Power Delivery HD/VGA Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter and 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports http://s.aliexpress.com/zQJna6Jb
(from AliExpress Android)
Because it's not just a passive adapter.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 04:42:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 13:46

So, you think it doesn't work because the type C port can't give enough power?
Could be though, the hp laplets (elite x2), that all our schoolteachers use, plug into a big hub too (with 3.5mm headphone jack and vga and hdmi ports) but it's also meant for charging. So i don't know exactly and I cannot test it as I think they charge at 20V/15V. I should once check if they support 12V and in that case test to see if i can connect to the the projector

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 04:47:34 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 13:58
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 13:42
So, you think it doesn't work because the tyoe C port can't give enough powerm

No, I'm thinking, if that was a question for me, that maybe passive adapters don't work with Chuwi's implementation. Does TypeC work with any passive adapters on the competitors TypeC? It seems they offer hubs or docking stations as well.

Edit: Typo + passive adapters don't have any electronic chips in them to "translate" or do some work. The Hi13 isn't advertised to support MHL, as any OTG support doesn't automatically mean MHL support, which has to be explicitly stated if it does. My phone has OTG support, but not MHL, thus doesn't work with passive adapters. I need an OTG passive adapters for USB, but anything more than USB, then it has to be a specialized hub or docking station. Maybe that's what works with the Hi13, but I don't know without feedback.

Edit2: and there is TypeC with Thunderbolt 3 support, that supports external GPU boxes. I don't know if that is supported on regular TypeC. I saw a YouTube vid recently that claims that a Samsung tablet is the first to support that.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 05:01:36 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 14:06
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 13:42
So, you think it doesn't work because the type C port can't give enough power?
Could be though, the  ...
So i don't know exactly and I cannot test it as I think they charge at 20V/15V. I should once check if they support 12V and in that case test to see if i can connect to the the projector

Don't fry your Hi13 please. I don't know if it would fry it.

Edit: the active adapters/hubs I tentatively suggested that might work, are dependant on Chuwi's power adapter, not that of another device.

Edit2: I assume they pass on whatever electricity is given to them.

Edits: clarity + typo.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 05:06:40 | Show all posts
Oh ok. You are right, I wouldnt want to fry it already Have you by any chance seen some on gearbest or banggood or amazon? Don't like buying from aliexpress
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 05:09:11 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 14:06
Oh ok. You are right, I wouldnt want to fry it already  Have you by any chance seen some on ge ...

I've not looked. I was browsing there once, so it's an example what exists for such a price.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list