ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Solved] What can the USB C do?

Follow Us

[Solved] What can the USB C do?

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:4-23-2017 21:53:57 View:3459|Reply:38

Hackerjac| Post time 4-23-2017 07:16:44 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 15:06
Oh ok. You are right, I wouldnt want to fry it already  Have you by any chance seen some on ge ...

banggod have this, donno if it will work or not

http://www.banggood.com/UBS-3_1- ... able-p-1096645.html
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 07:30:27 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 16:31

Noticably cheaper and probably same quality. Nice. And neither do I no if it works nor not. I only know that at least it's not a passive adapter. I've a startech USB 3 external monitor active adapter, that works with its display link driver well.

Not sure what driver this one needs or if necessary or whether it will automatically install correct one. The other one I listed is even more expensive, but to me handy for less stuff to carry and connect two Hi13 directly over gigabit network. But it's too soon for that for me.

Edits: clarity + typo.
Correct Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 07:35:20 | Show all posts
banggod have this, donno if it will work or not

Well, I checked the reviews and this is what I found:
Chuwi hi10.PNG
HDMI.PNG
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-23-2017 07:56:23 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 17:35

I noticed thoose posts also, have thought about getting one just to test, but on the other hand, i also hate using money on something that i might not being abel to use
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 08:08:22 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 18:13
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 16:35

That charging problem happens to those Chuwi devices without such adapters as well. It's unclear what caused it. But the HDMI not working, depends then on the Hi10 Pro TypeC support + the brand of the adapter, providing drivers or depending on a specific TypeC support. Maybe Chuwi can reference a compatible gadget to clarify how video and audio is supported in the Hi13. It is newer than the Hi10 Pro. Not sure if the latter was advertised with TypeC video and audio support. Or only USB and charging.

Edit: I'm sure connecting my Display Link adapter to that same hub, would work, because of the DisplayLink driver. Many such adapters need a display link driver. Would that one need that as well? Does it use Display Link compatible chip? The microHDMI is better though, because it uses much less CPU so doesn't run through the DisplayLink executable in the background.

Edits: clarity + typo.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 08:35:53 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-23-2017 16:56
I noticed thoose posts also, have thought about getting one just to test, but on the other hand, i ...

U know that if you buy something, and it doesn't work, you can send it back and get your money back right?
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Subscribe to my Youtube channel @CLICK

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 08:42:48 | Show all posts
I checked, and they don't seem to say anything about USB C audio/video transmission so probably it doesn't support it. The new Hi10 plus however does support WiDi and USB C audio/video transmission. Why would they keep advertising it like that if it doesn't work? Maybe it does but not with the normal adapters?
Don't understand what you mean with display link adapter though
USB C.PNG

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 08:50:46 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 18:35
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 17:42
I checked, and they don't seem to say anything about USB C audio/video transmission so probably it d ...

http://www.displaylink.com/USB-C

Edit: but that should even work on the Hi10 Pro, so not dependant on any audio/video support by type c. According to your powerbanks compatibility, and that link, Chuwi implements Alternate Modes USB/PD enabled as you posted about. So what adapters use the Alternate Mode for audio video directly from GPU driver instead of via DisplayLink executable via CPU first? Or I don't understand that standard? Edits: typo + correction.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-23-2017 08:57:12 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 18:35
U know that if you buy something, and it doesn't work, you can send it back and get your money bac ...

I know, but what do that help if postage for returning it is more expensive than the device itself

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 21:53:57 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-24-2017 07:09

Emily confirmed that you can only use the hdmi port for video. Thus the adverts are wrong
Edit: She said it should work with a hub

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list