ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General How to solve "the tablet can not turn on"

Follow Us

How to solve "the tablet can not turn on"

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:4-21-2018 22:55:42 View:22503|Reply:84

emily| Post time 4-1-2018 18:32:19 | Show all posts
AndiDi replied at 4-1-2018 01:17
i don't update bios or change setting in bios. Bios settings is default. my tablet dead when i try  ...

hello, here is the bios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6p ... 42161206101BIOS.rar
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

dreamwriter34| Post time 4-10-2018 02:53:43 | Show all posts
Hello, my Chuwi Hi13 won´t turn on. Kept it on charge the usual time and the charging red light won´t turn off or change to charge complete. When I try to turn it on the red light turns on and turns off after a bit and the tablet won´t turn on. The power light on the keyboard when attached also doesn´t turn on. I tried keeping the power button pressed for more than 30 seconds to see if it would reset but the only thing that happens is the red light turning on and off after a few seconds and keeps repeating this. I tried charging it with the charger and USB-C cable and also with the other cable, with no result. What can I do next? Should I send the tablet to repair? If it has to go to repair, can I contact Chuwi directly or should I contact the seller (Gearbest)?

Cheers,
Bruno

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-10-2018 07:50:41 | Show all posts
dreamwriter34 replied at 4-10-2018 11:53
Hello, my Chuwi Hi13 won´t turn on. Kept it on charge the usual time and the charging red light won ...

Hello, What was the last thing you did with the Tablet?
With how much battery charge do I connect it to charge?
The Chuwi Hi13 does not allow you to charge the battery with any charger, it would tell you if you have not done it already, it is that you leave it for two or three hours charging the battery with its original charger, to see if it then turns on the Tablet.

Use magic Report

dreamwriter34| Post time 4-10-2018 08:26:11 | Show all posts
Hello, What was the last thing you did with the Tablet?
With how much battery charge do I connect it to charge?
The Chuwi Hi13 does not allow you to charge the battery with any charger, it would tell you if you have not done it already, it is that you leave it for two or three hours charging the battery with its original charger, to see if it then turns on the Tablet.

I only use his charger,never tried another one. I used it for the last time and shut it down properly. It did not restart again. I have left it all night and this morning connected to the charger and still won´t turn on. The only thing that turns one is the red charging light.

Use magic Report

TechnoMax| Post time 4-20-2018 10:49:49 | Show all posts
I bought a used CHUWI HI13 on ebay and it arrived today. At first I thougt it was dead on arrival. But with long presses of the Power button (and Power down?) I finally could start it. I then installed Windows 1709 from within the old version. But only with several attempts as the device did not reboot by itself. Only when starting anew with pressing the power button I could start the device at all. But now, after flashing the BIOS successfully to 1.14, it does not boot any more. The power light does not come up any more even when connected to the charger.
What can I do to revive the HI13 short of sending it in (I live in Germany)?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-20-2018 22:58:07 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 4-21-2018 07:59
TechnoMax replied at 4-20-2018 19:49
I bought a used CHUWI HI13 on ebay and it arrived today. At first I thougt it was dead on arrival. B ...

Hello, I see that you have wanted to give a vacation to the tablet playing with fire when it reaches your hands.
Yes, to turn on the tablet you have to press the Power button for a few seconds until the led lights up. To turn off the tablet, it is recommended to turn it off from the Windows options, start button, turn off.
Why did I update the BIOS?
Are you sure that I use the correct file for your model and serial number?

He did well updating the Windows version, but I do not understand why I manipulate the BIOS.
But very bad when updating the Bios. You do not have to flash the BIOS.

Your tablet has all the symptoms of being blocked, by a flash of the BIOS, you have the option of bringing it back to life by following the steps of the PDF. For this you will need the correct BIOS file for your tablet, you can request it in the download thread of the Hi13.

Another option is to talk to the seller and process if you have a guarantee.
If you want to take a repair center you will have to contact service@chuwi.com

Good luck!

Recovering-a-Bricked-Chuwi-Hi12-caused-by-Corrupt-Bios.pdf

962.63 KB, Downloads: 52

Use magic Report

TechnoMax| Post time 4-21-2018 05:27:55 | Show all posts
No, I did not play with fire just for fun, but to revive a unreliable device: When I got it, it did not boot normally and only 1 in 10 attempts and it could not reboot by itself and crashed my first Windows upgrade. As I had read that a BIOS update could help in this case too I went this way knowing that this is risky. Maybe I got the wrong file, this of course could have happened: I downloaded "Chuwi Hi13 Bios_AP1V114_X64_BIOSEC" from the download section. My Device is a CHUWI HI13 Model CWI534 HI13 Q64G4517090838.
What do you think is the correct BIOS file for this device?

Use magic Report

TechnoMax| Post time 4-21-2018 11:40:59 | Show all posts
"The BIOS chip in the Hi12 is a Winbond W25Q64FW". Is the BIOS chip in my HI13 the same as in the HI12?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-21-2018 22:51:48 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 4-22-2018 08:03
TechnoMax replied at 4-21-2018 14:27
No, I did not play with fire just for fun, but to revive a unreliable device: When I got it, it did  ...

If you do not answer Emily tomorrow for this topic, leave your message asking for the file for your Hi13 tablet in this other thread: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.ph ... eid% 26typeid% 3D62
She will provide you with the corresponding files for your tablet model.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-21-2018 22:55:42 | Show all posts
TechnoMax replied at 4-21-2018 20:40
"The BIOS chip in the Hi12 is a Winbond W25Q64FW". Is the BIOS chip in my HI13 the same as in the HI ...

No no. In this PDF tutorial you must adapt it to your tablet, in this case the Hi13 with the BIOS file that you provide.
In that tutorial you have the steps to be done and the tools that are needed. Then each tablet has a different BIOS file.
Wait for the weekend to pass and you will be answered with the correct file for your tablet.
Good luck!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list