ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Chuwi Hi10Pro, How to get to Android Recovery Menu

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10Pro, How to get to Android Recovery Menu

[Copy link]

rcastro0|Post time:2-17-2019 07:25:40 View:6117|Reply:6

I need help. The android password was lost.
Now I need to do a factory reset on the android part (it is a dual boot tablet).
I understand there´s a sequence of power + volume up or volume down to take me to the recovery menu, where android can be reset to factory settings.
But I am not able to find it.

Can someone please give me clear instructions on how to get to the android recovery menu?

Thank you

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-9-2017 05:28:10 | Show all posts
You wait until the dual menu .. and when it has gone you give a touch up vol (which is to select android) and just as you release keep only the volume down
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

rcastro0| Post time 7-9-2017 05:49:27 | Show all posts
Thank you for the fast answer -- that worked. By the way, for people coming through this route please notice that after doing what manonegra suggested you will:
* Arrive at a Menu
* Select "Recovery mode" (using vol up / down to change option and power to select)
* Arrive at a splash screen (has an Android Robot with a red triangle)
* Then press Power+VolumeUp at the same time
* Then arrive at a new menu
* The you select Wipe to Factory settings
* Confirm
* Wait

Thank you again, manonegra.

Use magic Report

akauts| Post time 2-16-2019 11:27:15 | Show all posts
rcastro0 replied at 7-9-2017 05:49
**** Author was banned or deleted ****

anyone can help? i am stuck at 4th step on my chuwi hi12, when i press Power+VolumeUp and hold them, it was powered-off. please help, what i did wrong?

Use magic Report

akauts| Post time 2-16-2019 11:29:30 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 7-9-2017 05:28
You wait until the dual menu .. and when it has gone you give a touch up vol (which is to select and ...

could you please help? i am stuck at rcasto) 4th step, when i press and hold Power+VolumeUP at my hi12, it was powered off. i need to wipe factory setting the android in my hi12. please help

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 2-16-2019 23:58:12 | Show all posts
akauts replied at 2-16-2019 20:27
anyone can help? i am stuck at 4th step on my chuwi hi12, when i press Power+VolumeUp and hold the ...

According to the answer that dictates step 4 would be, Power and Volume -

Try this other option, turn on the Tablet on Android normally. You must have USB debugging enabled in the development options. In information of the Tablet you press several times in a row where it says compilation number until a message appears saying that you already have the development options activated. Then you go to this this new section and activate the aforementioned USB debugging.
Connect the Tablet as I said before turned on Android to the computer with the original cable. Make sure that Windows detects the Tablet correctly in the device manager. Open command window or CMD as administrator. You put this:

adb device

adb reboot bootloader

Now you should restart the tablet in recovery mode automatically.

Use magic Report

akauts| Post time 2-17-2019 07:25:40 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 2-16-2019 23:58
According to the answer that dictates step 4 would be, Power and Volume -

Try this other option,  ...

Thanks for your response. I tried it (power+PowerDown) it's failed, it powered off.
i cant o to other option, its locked by password and my daughter forgot the password, its why i try to factory reset this hi12

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list