ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Cyanogen for hi12

Follow Us

Cyanogen for hi12

[Copy link]

Myleschalmers|Post time:6-6-2018 12:37:15 View:1171|Reply:11

Is anyone using it on their hi12? Looks really good but I keep finding a post on the web that tells me hdmi audio out is not working? That's the only thing that is holding me back from trying it, I use hdmi quite a lot for my kids.

Can you share your experience?

I also want to know if I can install it without wiping windows. I think there is a tool out there for Teclast users that allows it for some Devices.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 7-23-2017 23:40:18 | Show all posts
hello, the Hi 12 tablet can support HDMI, as for the second question, i find some threads, hope can help you, please check it:
https://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3449-1-1.html
https://techtablets.com/forum/to ... 12-1-coming-soontm/
http://www.modaco.com/forums/top ... ok-hibook-pro-hi12/
have a good day
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 7-25-2017 22:45:24 | Show all posts
Many thanks for your reply Emily. I've had a look at the links and can still see:

"Issues:

Audio not routed through HDMI"

That's the item that concerns me. HDMI works but does not send audio. I was wondering if that was still true or whether someone found a fix for it? I use HDMI quite a lot.

Thanks again!

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 7-26-2017 05:30:43 | Show all posts
Myleschalmers replied at 7-26-2017 14:45
Many thanks for your reply Emily. I've had a look at the links and can still see:

"Issues:

HDMI works on Hi10 Plus.. Audio & everything. This is a very similar product. Just adding more details here.

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 7-26-2017 09:16:54 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 7-26-2017 05:30
HDMI works on Hi10 Plus.. Audio & everything. This is a very similar product. Just adding more det ...

Thanks doodzilla, that's great news. I think I'll give it a try. Hopefully it will have a json file I can use to keep windows. I can't be bothered to reinstall win all over again and then customise

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 7-26-2017 09:19:41 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 7-26-2017 05:30
HDMI works on Hi10 Plus.. Audio & everything. This is a very similar product. Just adding more det ...

What's your experience of Cyanogen Vs 5.1? It looks like there was more advanced settings in a YouTube I watched, what do you think of it?

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 7-26-2017 11:38:08 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 7-26-2017 11:44

Ya know, back in the ancient days of composite video(GASP!), when no one had heard of an HDMI spec, and S-Video was hi-def -shortly after the discovery of fire, in my youth, when dinosaurs were first broadcast in color(Saturday afternoon Godzilla movies with mostly grays and greens) there were these things called audio inputs...  I'd bet that even if audio through HDMI doesn't work on a particular setup that plugging an audio cable into the headphone jack on the tablet and then into the red and white composite audio inputs or directly into a sound bar or audio receiver might work even with HDMI...  Granted, it means you might need to drag a separate cable around.  Usually more than one way to skin a dinosaur!
I can't remember the fellow's handle, but the one who posted Cyanogen for Chuwi Hi whatevers is the fellow who ported it over, so you might want to chat with him.  I thought I saw that he had HDMI audio working, but maybe it's wishful thinking.  Check out a few threads and do a goodle search for Cyanogen on Hi12, maybe Hi10 and you'll find a link for the pages.  I just saw them the other night, but can't remember what I was searching for exactly when I ran across them.  Have been doing too much googling of late solving a few computer issues...

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 7-26-2017 12:55:28 | Show all posts
technisol replied at 7-26-2017 11:38
Ya know, back in the ancient days of composite video(GASP!), when no one had heard of an HDMI spec,  ...

Hey technisol, I'll have a read and  try out Cyanogen and see how it works out on the hi12. Don't fancy going old skool with 2 cables tho ... ;-)

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 7-26-2017 13:32:22 | Show all posts
Sometimes Function must supersede Form, sometimes you have no other good choice, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...  ;-)

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 6-6-2018 12:37:15 | Show all posts
Been a while since I've been on the forum, hope you are all good.

Well, after some time, I did in fact flash remix 2.0 .. great OS and all the tablet functions were working but the touch sensitivity was not good enough and I couldn't fix it.
So I then flashed Cyanogen 12 and after that I decided to try Cyanogen 13 which is based on Android 6. I have to say, I really like it! Got it from Konsta on the modaco website and its working out really well. There's so many additional settings built into the image that just aren't available on stock. Plus, there are some really cool themes you can install which  change the look and feel and even animations.

All sensors are working just fine but I haven't tested hdmi out. Sound WiFi rotation control etc all working. I can't tell whether the battery drains faster but I've downloaded some apps for that and it seems better. cm13 wasn't supported for hi12 as there is no deep sleep. I don't think my hi12 ever did anyway.

The Cyanogen is installed via twrp which allows you to change the android side without impacting windows. Was a bit challenging to find the right version for hi12 but after trial and error, I got it to work. Twrp is a cool tool (it was new to me) and you can even backup your whole android Rom, data, settings etc in case you make a mistake or want to  reinstall your old version again.

My only gripe is with the hi12 itself .. If only it came with fast charging. I know, you get what you pay for. I've always got it plugged in because it drains fast and takes an age to recharge. Think I also developed a battery anxiety  ... Always checking my battery %!  

Anyway, thought I'd let you know how got on. Thanks for all the advice and information.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list