ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi Sur ...

Follow Us

[SurBook] [Tutorial] How to reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi SurBook

[Copy link]

jeff|Post time:11-5-2018 23:15:37 View:5597|Reply:10

How to reinstall Windows 10 for Chuwi SurBook

Prepared Tool:

Note: Make sure there's more than 50% battery capacity, or stay charged while flashing.

1. Format USB Stick as NTFS and name it WINPE as below: (If WINPE is not named, u-disk won't be recognized.)

Unpack the downloaded Windows 10 files:

图片2.png

2. Copy the all subfiles and then paste it to the root of your USB Stick.

图片3.png

3. Install/Flash Windows 10

After plugging the u-disk into SurBook, boot the device. The system automatically guides into the CMD flash interface. The 1% -100% progress indicates the flashing is on.
When it is finished, the tablet will shut off automatically;

(First boot time will be longer. The test mode will be entered after startup. Please first close the middle "Cancel" window, then double click on Cleanup on the upper left corner and the computer will shut down. Then manually turn on the device, choose the language on the language setting interface and set it as user mode. )

图片4.png

The whole process will take around 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the speed of your USB port.

Use magic Report

Boia11| Post time 9-29-2017 01:49:15 | Show all posts
Thanks! Have you try to update BIOS to 02.02.02 with the same procedure?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

royd_68@hotmail| Post time 10-11-2017 08:37:42 | Show all posts
Edited by royd_68@hotmail at 10-11-2017 11:03

Do you know if the bios in the Download subforum is an updated version?

Never mind. Original version is 02.02.00 . Version in download subforum is 02.02.02 . Most likely minor bug fixes.

Use magic Report

jtcampbell1| Post time 11-30-2017 13:37:49 | Show all posts
Do you have a link to the correct rar file? I downloaded a file from here, but the files in your screen shots do not match the files in the archive

Use magic Report

rakesh20| Post time 1-26-2018 13:27:51 | Show all posts
may be some bugs

Use magic Report

holzhacp| Post time 11-5-2018 03:46:23 | Show all posts
hello,
I tried to reinstall Windows 10 on my Surbook 12.3 but the Surbook will not boot in to the USB-Stick.
What I did:
1. take a 16GB USB-Stick
2. Format as NTFS
3. Rename it to WINPE
4. Download the Windows 10 image-file from your link, unpacked it and copied all files to the USB-Stick
5. Plug the USB-Stick to the Surbook

When I restart the system, the Surbook does not try to boot via the USB-Stick, instead the system always loads the windows-login screen.
=> I entered BIOS and tried to change the boot sequence. But there are only three options availabe for boot:
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. UEFI: Generic Flash Disk 8.07, Partition 1
3. UEFI: Buil-in EFI Shell
=> neither of those three options allows the Surbook to boot into the USB-Stick

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
KR
Peter

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-5-2018 08:12:22 | Show all posts
holzhacp replied at 11-5-2018 12:46
hello,
I tried to reinstall Windows 10 on my Surbook 12.3 but the Surbook will not boot in to the US ...

To boot the bootable pen you must select the UEFI USB option in the boot selection menu that will appear when you turn on, with the pendrive connected, and pressing Fn and the F7 key intermittently until the screen with the boot options appears.
Once selected the process will be automatic.

Use magic Report

holzhacp| Post time 11-5-2018 11:29:56 | Show all posts
Edited by holzhacp at 11-5-2018 11:43

hi, thanks for the fast response.
I tried to enter the boot menu via F7. Works fine. But the USB does not...
I receive 3 options when the pendrive is plugged in:
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. UEFI: Generic Flash Disk 8.07, Partition 1
3. UEFI: Buil-in EFI Shell
When I unplug the pendrive and enter the boot-selection via F7 I see the following options:
1. Windows Boot Manager
2. UEFI: Buil-in EFI Shell

So obviously the "UEFI: Generic Flash Disk 8.07, Partition 1" is my USB-Stick...
However, when I choose it as boot-option, nothing happens. meaning: I am highlighting it with the cursor-buttons and press enter. But then the highlighted section just moves up to the first possible selection in the list and does not start to boot from the pendrive... therefore, I believe that my USB-Stick is either crap or I did something wrong while "creating" it.
Am I missing something in the procedure?:
1. take a 16GB USB-Stick
2. Format as NTFS
3. Rename it to WINPE
4. Download the Windows 10 image-file from your link, unpack it and copy all files to the USB-Stick

Would it be possible to do the same steps with an external hard-drive?
btw. what happens to my activated windows version when updating the surbook from the image file?
regards
Peter

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-5-2018 12:15:54 | Show all posts
holzhacp replied at 11-5-2018 20:29
hi, thanks for the fast response.
I tried to enter the boot menu via F7. Works fine. But the USB doe ...

You must try another pendrive. There have been cases that, due to internal partitions of the pendrive, are incompatible for the start of the flash.

Regarding the issue of the registered version of Windows you should not worry because the Windows key resides on the motherboard and Windows will be activated as soon as it connects to the Internet.

Finally, if you can not start from that pendrive you can perform a clean installation of Windows, with a pendrive downloaded from the Microsoft website, once installed, you will need the drivers for non-Intel devices that you can obtain in the download area. of this tablet model in this forum.

Use magic Report

holzhacp| Post time 11-5-2018 23:15:37 | Show all posts
thank you for your support. Using another pendrive did the trick. Solved!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list