ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus USB Sticks not working

Follow Us

USB Sticks not working

[Copy link]

Naphtor|Post time:12-18-2017 09:34:18 View:717|Reply:4

Hello,

I'm using a Chuwi Hi10 Plus for a couple of days and it will not work with various usb drives. Is there a possible solution for this (driver update or change some bios settings)? I discovered that FAT32 formatted pendrives work most of the time ("only" after a couple of minutes there is a disconnect). But for NTFS/FAT/exFAT formatted drives its not working at all. Can somebody help me?

regards
Naphtor

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 12-17-2017 09:29:13 | Show all posts
The adapter that I am using may not make good contact.
Where do you connect the adapter for the USB pendrives in the type-c port? If so, check that it makes good contact, it is possible that the protective plastic of the cable prevents connecting and you may have to cut a few millimeters with the intention of going deeper into the tablet.
In Windows it has to work in exFat without problems.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Naphtor| Post time 12-17-2017 13:29:43 | Show all posts
Hello,
I'm using the micro-USB-Port for connecting the pendrive so I can charge the tablet via the type-c port. But I will try it with an usb-c adapter (when its delivered). But i don't think a loose connection is the only possible problem because a NTFS/exFAT pendrive doesn't work but if I format it in FAT32, the same pendrive works. Maybe it's a driver issue.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 12-18-2017 04:24:49 | Show all posts
Naphtor replied at 12-17-2017 22:29
Hello,
I'm using the micro-USB-Port for connecting the pendrive so I can charge the tablet via the  ...

It is a strange problem but I tell you that some pendrives have a strange behavior with certain computers. To discard this, please try to format that pendrive in NTFS or exFat from the tablet itself.

Use magic Report

Naphtor| Post time 12-18-2017 09:34:18 | Show all posts
That is not possible because they are not recognized, not even in the disc management. I also tried five different pendrives (different sizes and brands). In the next days the newly ordered adapters for micro-usb and usb-c will arrive and I hope this would solve the problem.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list