ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Installing only android on chuwi & upgrade it

Follow Us

[Hi10 Pro] Installing only android on chuwi & upgrade it

[Copy link]

JinaneK|Post time:9-26-2018 05:52:02 View:6832|Reply:8

Hello,

Can we install only android on chuwi hi10 pro & remove the windows? is it recommended?

we need space & don’t want to pay windows’ license for a few tablets.

Another question, the tablet came with Android 5 can we upgrade it to 6 at least?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 1-30-2018 00:30:54 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 1-30-2018 09:35

Yes, it is possible to install Android only with all the space available for the system. In 5 minutes is the Tablet available with only Android.
There are unofficial Rom to update Android 6, but the problem is that not all tablets are compatible, you have to check the serial number if the team accepts the rom.
To install only Android is to flash the official rom of Chuwi replacing a file that is obtained from here. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65823981&postcount=144
The unofficial roms based on Android 6 lineage 13 from konstanT have them on their website. Check frequently asked questions and the compatibility of your Tablet. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 1-30-2018 01:37:25 | Show all posts
hello, please check this thread, hope it can help you
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.ph ... ht=how%2Bto%2Bdelet

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 1-30-2018 03:41:18 | Show all posts
Hello JinaneK,
Here is the easiest way for you.
First of all, Chuwi never upgrades Android. You can keep Android on as a single OS. You have to do repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android 5.1 with a modified gpt.bin file.
First of all, You have to disable Boot Menu from your current Windows.
1. Run the SwitchNOW app from its desktop shortcut;
2. Click No in the dialog window "Are you sure to switch to Android?";
3. Select Disable and click Exit in the Boot menu configuration window;
Reboot your tablet and make sure that Boot Menu does not appear.
===
Then you have to do repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android 5.1 with a modified gpt.bin file.
1. Download an official Android ROM, suitable to the serial number of your tablet from the forum.chuwi.com. UnZIP it;
2. Download the attached file from there and UnZIP it too;
3. Choose the gpt_53g.bin and rename it to gpt.bin.
3. Delete gpt.bin file from your Android ROM folder and replace it with one you had unzipped and renamed;
4. Flash Android using Intel Phone Flash Tool. Please read and follow the tutorial. Just choose flash.json to erase all Windows and Android partitions.

Use magic Report

JinaneK| Post time 2-22-2018 03:15:04 | Show all posts
Edited by JinaneK at 2-22-2018 03:25
Motobot replied at 1-30-2018 03:41
Hello JinaneK,
First of all, Chuwi never upgrades Android. You can  ...

hello motobot,
excuse me but if I disabled the SwitchNow from windows, how am i going to go into android? it won't.

Plus the windows is also down , I flashed the device with a wrong ROM i think.

Emily, thank you.. I ll read it & try to apply it, but I wonder if it still works if the windows is down on chuwi .

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 2-22-2018 12:43:15 | Show all posts
Hi again JinaneK,
Just do as I recommend and you will see. If your Windows is down, you can't disable Boot Menu. No problem. Let it be.

Use magic Report

adler669| Post time 9-26-2018 00:41:23 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 1-30-2018 03:41
Hello JinaneK,
First of all, Chuwi never upgrades Android. You can  ...

Hi!
Thank you first of all!

I do all the steps and now I have my h10pro whit only android 5 with all the ROM memory...
But when I turn on the tablet I have on the screen the 10seg timeout with android icon...
How can I remove the timeout screen and boot android directly?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 9-26-2018 03:45:08 | Show all posts
adler669 replied at 9-26-2018 09:41
Hi!
Thank you first of all!

Hello @adler669

It is the first step you have to do before modifying the Tablet, so it is indicated in the steps described. First it is necessary to delete the SwitchNOW from Windows.
Now if you no longer have Windows installed on your Tablet, you should try to create a USB with Windows to boot in a virtual way and be able to suppress the SwitchNOW menu.

Anyway, I do not think that the dual start menu is very annoying. Do you know that with the power button you can confirm once you have marked the Android icon to start directly without having to wait for the countdown?

Use magic Report

adler669| Post time 9-26-2018 05:52:02 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 9-26-2018 03:45
Hello @adler669

It is the first step you have to do before modifying the Tablet, so it is indicat ...

Yes, I did all the steps but when I flash to put only Android with all the ROM the countdown come back again

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list