ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion Lapbook Air 14.1 Touchpad doesn't work on Linux

Follow Us

Lapbook Air 14.1 Touchpad doesn't work on Linux

[Copy link]

Pikota|Post time:10-11-2018 04:34:34 View:811|Reply:4

When this will be solved?, I bought it 1 month ago and no solution was found yet.

Use magic Report

rtorrero| Post time 2-12-2018 06:18:41 | Show all posts
Hi, I already asked in a different post but maybe you are not following that one: Could you send some information on what is exactly hapenning and why it is not working under Linux? Xorg logs, lspci, lsmod, dmesg, cat /proc/bus/input/devices may be usefull. Also, what distro are you trying to use?

If you don't know how to collect the logs I'm asking for, let me know, i'll put a detailed post
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

elpraga| Post time 9-15-2018 06:21:07 | Show all posts
Hello @rtorrero ! I've just bought the Lapbook Air, and I am experiencing the same issue running Ubuntu 18.04. I haven't been able to dig into it yet, but I did find this bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1738491

Please, let me know if you need any additional information. The laptop runs like a charm under Ubuntu, but the trackpad not working is really quite a bummer.

If you could help to resolve this issue, it would be great!

Tomas

Use magic Report

baybal| Post time 10-11-2018 00:19:55 | Show all posts
What hardware revision did you get? Can you put your lsusb output here? And of i2cdetect -ya 1, i2cdetect -ya 2 ...

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 10-11-2018 04:34:34 | Show all posts
As far i know, Tjuwi does not deliver any Linux for the devices they make, so can't see why it should be theire problem
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list