ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Why bios can not install 64 bit windows, how can I i ...

Follow Us

[Hi8 Pro] Why bios can not install 64 bit windows, how can I install it?

[Copy link]

jimiko|Post time:3-4-2018 09:20:13 View:1150|Reply:7

Edited by jimiko at 2-26-2018 23:45

Why bios can't install 64-bit windows, how can I install it?
- Is the Intel Atom® processor x5-Z8350 a 64-bit instruction set?
- Will there bios mod be?

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 2-27-2018 03:25:49 | Show all posts
To install a 64-bit version of Windows, you need to have a CPU capable of running a 64-bit system. The advantages of using a 64-bit operating system are more evident when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on the computer, usually 4 GB of RAM or more. In these cases, since 64-bit operating systems can manage large amounts of memory more efficiently than 32-bit operating systems, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running multiple programs at the same time and he changes from one to another frequently.
Since your tablet only has 2 Gb of RAM, I do not advise you to change it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

wanzen| Post time 2-27-2018 09:55:50 | Show all posts
I also need the 64 bit version of windows for my 2 chuwi hi8 pro.
Please make it possible. I have a programm that only runs on 64 bit. This is realy important.
I hope you can help quickly.
Thnaks a lot

Use magic Report

wanzen| Post time 3-3-2018 13:47:31 | Show all posts
Is there no possibiity to do that?
I really need it.

Use magic Report

wanzen| Post time 3-3-2018 14:19:51 | Show all posts
I tried the tutorial for reinstalling windows but my hi8 will not boot from the usb stick and start the update routine.
I died all steps like described

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 3-3-2018 15:06:41 | Show all posts
wanzen replied at 3-3-2018 23:19
I tried the tutorial for reinstalling windows but my hi8 will not boot from the usb stick and start  ...

With the Windows pendrive placed on the tablet, start by pressing the power button and immediately press Esc. The Bios screen will be loaded and then, on the first screen, click on exit and, if you recognize the pendrive - which must be renamed to Winpe - in the boot options will appear the pendrive from which you can reinstall Windows.
If you do it with a microsoft bootable pendrive, the installation program will ask you where you want to install Windows and you will have to delete the partitions 12, 13, 14 and 15 and then indicate the unallocated space as the destination of the installation. The installation program will take care of making the necessary partitions and will finish the installation of Windows.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 3-3-2018 15:06:42 | Show all posts
wanzen replied at 3-3-2018 23:19
I tried the tutorial for reinstalling windows but my hi8 will not boot from the usb stick and start  ...

With the Windows pendrive placed on the tablet, start by pressing the power button and immediately press Esc. The Bios screen will be loaded and then, on the first screen, click on exit and, if you recognize the pendrive - which must be renamed to Winpe - in the boot options will appear the pendrive from which you can reinstall Windows.
If you do it with a microsoft bootable pendrive, the installation program will ask you where you want to install Windows and you will have to delete the partitions 12, 13, 14 and 15 and then indicate the unallocated space as the destination of the installation. The installation program will take care of making the necessary partitions and will finish the installation of Windows.

Use magic Report

wanzen| Post time 3-4-2018 09:20:13 | Show all posts
I finally could install windows 64 bit but there is no way to boot it.
Can you update the uefi to 64 bit? So it will work?
Otherwise Chuwi isnt interesting anymore.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list