ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Hi9] [TUTORIAL] how to make Root on the Chuwi Hi9 t ...

Follow Us

[Other] [Hi9] [TUTORIAL] how to make Root on the Chuwi Hi9 tablet

[Copy link]

santi.sc|Post time:10-23-2018 08:47:04 View:3413|Reply:10

Edited by santi.sc at 4-3-2018 08:01

ℹ️ In this process, all the data that is now on the tablet will be erased. Think if it really interests everyone to be root.
⚠️ It is a process that has its risk, each one is responsible for the errors that may arise in your tablet.

Once the process is done, the error arises that Magisk does not allow to install modules.

Needed:
-Tablet with more 50% battery
-Cable Micro USB
-Windows computer

-Download, unzip ADB Fastboot, Install the ADB Driver.
-Place this folder ADB + Fastboot on the C disk of the computer.

Activate the options developed on the tablet: Settings / Information tablet / Touch several times in a row in compilation number until the message of development options enabled / go back / Development options / Activate boxes: Unlock OEM and Debug USB.

Connect the tablet to the computer, activate the transfer of files mode, place in the root of the internal storage of the tablet the Magisk Manager apk and the boot.img file that is inside the Rom of the tablet that we have downloaded.

We go on the tablet to install Magisk, for this before in security settings we activate the checkbox to allow files of unknown origins. In the File Explorer we install the Magisk, in the pop-up window that comes out we give you to patch img and you have to select the boot.img of the original rom of the tablet that we have placed in the root storage of the tablet. There will be a central window that will automatically perform the patching, once it finishes we close and go to the file explorer, inside the folder Magisk Manager we copy the patch_boot.img and paste it in the Root of the storage of the tablet.

We connect the tablet to the computer, take the file patch_boot.img from the root and paste it into the computer inside the folder ADB + Fastboot that we have in C.

-Switch off the tablet
- Press and hold Power and Vol -
-When it appears on the screen some small letters we release the buttons and we must select Fastboot Mode for it we move with the Vol key - and it is confirmed with Vol +
-Connect the tablet to the computer
-In the folder ADB + Fastboot that we have in C we run run-adb.exe the command window will open, we put these:

adb devices  

fastboot devices

fastboot oem unlock    *Here we will see on the screen of the tablet a message to confirm if we are sure to unblock the bootloader with the keys Vol + confirm the Yes

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img    *It is possible that there is no error in the command windows (FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state) Solution put the command fastboot oem unlock again and when the tablet screen comes up the question of whether or not to give it not , then put the command fastboot oem unlock again and it is now when we have to give it to Yes, we want to unblock the bootloader, then we put the command: fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img and it is now when it has to leave everything OK finally we put this command to restart the tablet:

fastboot reboot

The photo of the console as it was the unlocking process, is a quarrel to unlock the bootloader but with the trick of saying no and then if it worked for me.

The tablet has to be formatted and will be root if all the steps have gone well.
We pass from the computer the zip or download Magisk directly into the tablet and some Google Play app to check that we have root on the tablet.

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 6-6-2018 22:58:50 | Show all posts
Is it the same process for the HI9 Air?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 6-6-2018 23:03:34 | Show all posts
Edited by santi.sc at 6-7-2018 08:13
fgaine replied at 6-7-2018 07:58
Is it the same process for the HI9 Air?

Yes, but you need the boot.img of the correct rom for the Hi9 Air. Everything else would be the same process.
Hi9 Air http://www.mediafire.com/file/i8bn416bdms8hho/HI9+air%E6%9C%80%E6%96%B0%E8%BD%AF%E4%BB%B6+5-7.rar
Important, remove the Chinese character from the name of the folder once it has been downloaded.

Use magic Report

fgaine| Post time 6-7-2018 00:09:06 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 6-6-2018 23:03
Yes, but you need the boot.img of the correct rom for the Hi9 Air. Everything else would be the sam ...

Many thanks

Use magic Report

ChuTim| Post time 9-1-2018 20:26:36 | Show all posts
Hi,

Can this method be used to root Hi 9 Pro. Is there a boot.img for Hi9 Pro? Thanks!

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 9-1-2018 22:11:06 | Show all posts
ChuTim replied at 9-2-2018 05:26
Hi,

Can this method be used to root Hi 9 Pro. Is there a boot.img for Hi9 Pro? Thanks!

Hello,

If this method should work on the Hi9 Pro. But the problem is that I do not see the software for the Hi9 Pro yet published, so the boot.img is not available to do the process. Wait a few days to see if they publish the corresponding software for your Tablet.

Use magic Report

ChuTim| Post time 9-2-2018 09:54:34 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 9-1-2018 22:11
Hello,

If this method should work on the Hi9 Pro. But the problem is that I do not see the softwa ...

Thanks for the prompt response. Really appreciated.

Use magic Report

Chuwidon28| Post time 9-13-2018 03:47:57 | Show all posts
i just followed..download files and tried what you've showed..but something trouble i don't know..could you give me a clue by a video movies lesson or youtube link ? i have chuwi Hi9 need to root..thanks..

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 9-13-2018 04:49:39 | Show all posts
Chuwidon28 replied at 9-13-2018 12:47
i just followed..download files and tried what you've showed..but something trouble i don't know..c ...

Where does the error arise?
I'm not sorry, I can not make a video.
Why do you need to be root?
I notice that Magisk is not very effective with this type of root, many modules give problems when installing.

Use magic Report

ChuTim| Post time 10-23-2018 08:47:04 | Show all posts
santi.sc replied at 9-1-2018 22:11
Hello,

If this method should work on the Hi9 Pro. But the problem is that I do not see the softwa ...

Hi,

It appears that the Hi9 Pro software has been published in this link:
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.ph ... ypeid%26typeid%3D92

Is the first download the ROM image to be used to root the Hi9 Pro?

Thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list