ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi LapBook Air Lapbook Air keyboard and battery problem

Follow Us

Lapbook Air keyboard and battery problem

[Copy link]

cafcaf|Post time:4-25-2019 00:22:33 View:2960|Reply:11

Hello,
I am having two problems:
1) keyboard is not working anymore
2) Windows 10 states that there is no battery installed, even if computer runs with battery and no AC adapter is plugged in.

Can anybody help?
My BIOS date is september 2017.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 4-8-2018 13:45:15 | Show all posts
Do not indicate if you have installed any program that may have modified the Windows features or you may have some malware that produces these failures.
My advice is to do a restoration of Windows from the configuration options, keeping your files.
To do this, go to startup, configuration, updates and security, recovery, restore this PC. In the next screen it indicates that you want to keep your files, to not lose anything and let it finish. It is a long process so there should be no battery missing; Put the charger and do not turn it off even if it seems to be stopped.
When finished, restart and check if everything has been fixed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

cafcaf| Post time 4-9-2018 04:57:18 | Show all posts
Thank you manonegra222,
I have already done a Windows restoration and nothing changed.
Consider that normally I am not able to enter the BIOS during startup using FN+F2.
The only way to access BIOS is using a USB keyboard attached to the laptop. If I detach the keyboard one entered in the BIOS I am not able to do anything.

Best regards.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-9-2018 05:14:41 | Show all posts
Have you tried the DEL key to access the BIOS?

Your problem (1) of the keyboard does not work anymore I do not understand it, that circumstance you have given to arise that problem.

Use magic Report

cafcaf| Post time 4-9-2018 05:25:37 | Show all posts
Hello,
pressing DEL to access BIOS does not work.
No key in the keyboard is working and the way to access BIOS is by pressing FN+F2 in the laptop keyboard (not working) or F2 with a USB keyboard.
The two problems appeared when I booted up the PC some days ago, what's not understandable?

There is only one situation where keyboard "works": if I put laptop in sleep mode and then I press any key the laptop wakes up, but then, as usual, no key is working.

This is why I am suspecting it's a BIOS problem.

Regards.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-9-2018 05:41:26 | Show all posts
cafcaf replied at 4-9-2018 14:25
Hello,
pressing DEL to access BIOS does not work.
No key in the keyboard is working and the way to a ...

The computer's Touchpad mouse does not work either?

You can try this;

Open the device manager, click on the keyboard category icon, right click on "Standard PS / 2 keyboard" and select uninstall. The computer will prompt you to restart, check if the keyboard then works.

Use magic Report

cafcaf| Post time 4-9-2018 06:17:42 | Show all posts
Hello santi.sc,
thanks, but I have already done that and nothing changed, as I also refreshed windows installation without having the problem solved.
Also, I have booted a windows 8.1 installation from USB key, but the keyboard is still not working.

I remind that problems are 2:
1) keyboard not working
2) Battery not being detected.

Regads.

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 4-9-2018 07:19:17 | Show all posts
cafcaf replied at 4-9-2018 15:17
Hello santi.sc,
thanks, but I have already done that and nothing changed, as I also refreshed window ...

When I told him the DEL key to enter the BIOS, I was referring to the key that appears marked "delete" to the left of the power button.

If you have so many problems with the keyboard and the battery, have you thought about processing the guarantee with the store where I bought it?

Use magic Report

cafcaf| Post time 4-9-2018 08:10:58 | Show all posts
Hello,
I work with computers every days and I know where the DEL key is.
Of course, the first thing I have done was to open a ticket with the reseller. Warranty should be one year from the date of laptop arrival (November 2017). I am waiting for a response from the reseller.
In the meantime I have opened this thread to find out if someone was experiencing a similar problem.

Regards.

Use magic Report

lan1991008| Post time 4-25-2019 00:22:33 | Show all posts
1) keyboard is not working anymore

some keys or the whole keyboard didn't work?
If some keys, then try to upgrade the WINDOW.
if the whole keyboard, it's better to replace the keyboard

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list