ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware Chuwi Hi8 Air Windows + Android + driver

Follow Us

[Hi8 Air] Chuwi Hi8 Air Windows + Android + driver

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:8-19-2018 18:58:53 View:9980|Reply:36

Use magic Report

vikito| Post time 4-20-2018 11:11:21 | Show all posts
Edited by vikito at 4-20-2018 11:38

Hi emily,
I have some questions for you about Chuwi Hi8 Air. I instaled Android and Windows with last updates (recompile Windows ISO in my language) by Motobot procedures from this site on my Chuwi Hi10 Plus successfuliy:
https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5608
What I've done on Chuwi Hi10 plus:
1) format in NTFS usb flash key and rename it WINPE (64GB)
2) copied this folders and files from this archive on usb flash key:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/aajaux3tasxpx/LQ64G421711
Notice: this is correct version of Windows for my Chuwi Hi10 plus tablet.
3) replaced install.wim file in image folder with my own which I recompiled by Motobot procedure before.
4) first flashed Android and then installed Windows from usb key made in steps 1) - 3) above.
5) my Chuwi Hi10 plus working like a charm now ( I'm writting this message from my Chuwi Hi10 plus tablet now.

Now is the question for you about Chuwi Hi8 air which I bought recently also. Could I make this procedure for Hi8 air also. I would like reinstall Windows with 1709 updates only without the touch Android. Normaly I will recompile install.wim file for Hi8 air only. But will this works if I replace install.wim file only with my own for Hi8 air eather.

Thanks for answers in advance.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 6-30-2018 05:41:38 | Show all posts
I can't see why it shoulden work
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

phvxius| Post time 8-17-2018 20:42:42 | Show all posts

I use chuwi hi8 air. single android board. I want to install windows. I downloaded the necessary windows files and drivers from the links you gave. but during the windows installation I get an error that 80% of the installation levels are not found. will you check the links and explain how to install both systems with pictures? Thank you.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 8-17-2018 23:43:16 | Show all posts
phvxius replied at 8-17-2018 20:42
I use chuwi hi8 air. single android board. I want to install windows. I downloaded the necessary wi ...

Choose Android system,delete windons system,then reset windows system.

Use magic Report

MegaGrand135| Post time 8-18-2018 13:47:06 | Show all posts
i use the chuwi hi8 hair. dual os. i want to install only windows on. i was wondering if i have to download the all parts from the windows links

Use magic Report

Huckinnz| Post time 8-18-2018 16:29:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi, can you please confirm that the links to Windows above are correct for 1803? Can I use generic copy of win 10 iso 64bit  I have already downloaded or is the links above to a customised version?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 8-19-2018 02:55:12 | Show all posts
Huckinnz replied at 8-19-2018 03:29
Hi, can you please confirm that the links to Windows above are correct for 1803? Can I use generic c ...

Hello Huckinnz,
The above links are correct for Windows 10 version 1607 (OS build 14393.1884). You can update your tablet for yourself by the Microsoft ISO 1803.
By the way, you can create the compiled install file.

Use magic Report

Huckinnz| Post time 8-19-2018 18:28:05 | Show all posts
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I do not have enough space to update and when I choose use external media the installation freezes on reboot. I can't even reset the system to gain space wthout it freezing.
I presume the compiled install, whatever that is will fail also. I have been looking at NTlite etc to see if I can create some room (I have 6Gb available) but it all looks a bit too hard.

Pete

Use magic Report

Huckinnz| Post time 8-19-2018 18:58:53 | Show all posts
My tablet is dual boot andriod BTW. Is there any way to reduce space to allow 1803 to install?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list